The Singer Finished Singing and He's Walking Out

chapter 17

Frank's pov
I hadn't really talked to Gerard for a few days, it killed me being so close to him and yet seeming so far away. I couldn't quite understand why he was so against telling his parents, I know that it's not exactly a walk in the park telling the people that you love that you're not exactly what they expected but we'd already told about 95% of the people that are important to us without any trouble.
I was walking home from visiting Rikki who didn't hate me as I'd expected, when I saw Gerard sitting on the porch steps with his head in his hands.
I hesitated at the end of the path up to our house unsure as to what to do, I didn't want to just ignore him and go inside, but I also didn't really feel like talking to him.
He must have sensed that I was there because he slowly lifted his head and looked at me, he looked awful, his eyes were red and he had tear stains down his cheeks.
"Oh my god, what's wrong?" I asked walking over and sitting down next to him.
He didn't reply, instead just returned his head to his hands.
"Gerard, talk to me." I said as I rubbed his back.
"Why should I?" He spat.
"Look I'm sorry I got mad at you but you don't have to speak to me that way, tell me what's wrong." I said moving my hand away from him.
"What's wrong is that my family hates you and it's all your fault," he said standing up and walking inside, slamming the door shut.
I sat outside for a while unsure of what had just happened before going inside myself and finding Mikey sitting on the couch.
"What's wrong with Gerard?" I asked sitting on one of the chairs.
"He told our parents about you," he replied looking up.
"Oh," I said looking down at my hands feeling both happy and sad at the fact that it obviously hadn't gone too well.
"Yeah," he said quietly.
"What happened?" I asked after a moment or two.
"They freaked out, said that he was a dissapointment and that they didn't want a fag for a son." He sighed.
"Are you serious? How could they say that?" I asked not expecting a reply.
Mikey shrugged his shoulders before turning on the tv, I sat there for a while staring at the screen wondering to go to Gerard or not. A few minutes later I stood up and walked upstairs, I stood outside Gerard's door gently knocking after getting no reply I decided to do a Mikey and walk in anyways.
Gerard was laying on his bed facing the window, he moved his head slightly to see who was walking in before returning it to its previous position.
"I'm so sorry." I said sitting down on the edge of his bed.
"No I am, I shouldn't have blamed you. You had every right to want me to tell them." He said, his voice raspy.
"Maybe they didn't mean it, maybe they were just shocked." I said stroking his arm.
"They meant it, I know they meant it." He said pulling me down.
I lay next to him and wrapped my arms around him, his youthful face had never looked as old as it did right now, I slowly moved my face to his and kissed his softly on the lips.
"Everything will be okay, I promise," I said as I stroked his hair and snuggled up to him.