Experiment

Taken

I woke up to the bright sunshine flowing through my window. "Ugh," I groaned as I kicked my warm sheets off. I rolled out of my stiff, wooden, bed and whined, "I don’t wanna get ready for school..." I just laid there on the floor, trying to get some extra sleep. After about a minute, I stood up and looked at the clock. It read 7:25 in bold, red numbers. I sighed, and then shrugged. As much as I want my extra sleep I can’t be late for school. I walked over to my dresser, and I stroked back my black, silky hair with the new brush I bought at the store yesterday. I watched in the mirror as it fell in a straight hairdo. The conditioner really worked, I better buy the same type for shampoo.

I stared at the messy pile of clothing for some time, and then dove into it, and came out wearing my school outfit. It works well, you should try it sometime. I gazed into the mirror again, and tidied my school outfit a bit. I spotted my phone and bag on my desk, so I flung the bag on my shoulders and shoved my phone into my pocket. I shot out through the door, and I trudged through the brightly, lit hallway and reached the door leading outside. I twisted the doorknob and strolled outside, as my nostrils were filled with the sweet smell of nature and the outdoors. I took my phone out of my pocket and punched in 10 numbers as I waited for my friend to pick up.

"Yo, Chika!"

"Hey, Mizuki."

"Chika, wanna walk with me to school?"

"Sure, come by my house."

“Okies."

I threw my phone back into my pocket, and started to walk to her house, my pace going faster and faster until the point I was running. Everything became blurred and I finally saw Chika’s house in the distance. I would have driven there, but in my haste to get ready, I forgot about my car. In a matter of minutes, I was knocking on her pale, white, door, and had to wait 8 minutes until she opened the door.

"Ugh, we are going to be late for school if I have to wait almost 10 minutes each time for you to open the door."

"Then come earlier,"

"Tch, come on, let’s get to school."

She locked the door, and we bolted to school. It’s hard to have a conversation and make it to school on time. It’s also especially hard to talk when you’re running and the wind is blowing in your face, blocking all the words you’re trying to say. When we got to school, the bell just rung, and it was the start of first period. We were in our separate ways for now, since we needed to put out backpacks in our lockers. I reached locker number 301 and quickly unlocked the lock after a few tries. When you’re in a rush, it’s awfully hard to think right and move correctly. I hooked my bag in my locker and grabbed a few textbooks, notebooks, and a pencil case. Then, we rushed toward our class, and collapsed into our seats, right when our teacher walked into the room. I hoped the teacher didn’t see us breathing heavily and panting, since that would be a bit suspicious.

Chika elbowed me, and whispered, "Oh look who’s here~"

A boy with black hair, stormed through the door, and took a deep breath to explain why he was late. Instead, the teacher pushed him into his seat, and began to talk about the history of Japan. I winced when he got pushed hard into his seat. It must’ve hurt bad… I tried to listen to the teacher’s boring history lesson, but all he said was, “Blah, blah, blah, blah,” and boring stuff like that.

Chika leaned over toward my ear. "Look, his eyes are prettier then yesterday~~" Chika didn’t need to mention his name since I immediately knew who she was talking about.

"Shut up!"

I covered my face with my hands in embarrassment as my cheeks started to flush red. Ugh, she knows that I like Yosuke, but she didn’t have to tell me about him every single day, as I could see for myself that he had cute eyes. I hope he notices me soon... I took my hands away from my face and I started daydreaming about him. I wish one day he could admit that he actually liked me all this time… Or I could confess that I like him and then he would say he likes me too… Or he would ask me out on the upcoming dance… Or- A loud ear-piercing crash was heard, as our paper door fell down. Oh boy, that was going to be a long time for that to be fixed. The windows shattered and the little shards sunk into my skin. I cried as blood drizzled out of my skin, and a white gas was covering the school. I couldn’t see much, but what I did see was…

People in white lab coats walking in, with gas masks on.

________________________________________________________________________________