Experiment

Test Subject

“Experiment 32, is that girl over there good enough?”

“Yes, and take that boy too.”

“Do we have enough?”

“Enough for today.”

“Let’s go.”

They seemed to be talking using small devices, but I couldn’t hear them. Their voices were a bit muffled, but I heard some parts of their conversation, however I didn’t understand what they were talking about. Suddenly, one of the lab coats pointed towards me, and another toward Yosuke. It seems Yosuke was frozen with shock, a pencil still locked in his hand, and the number he was writing was halfway written. I stared at the gas masks, and they looked strangely familiar. Then it hit me.

It’s them. They are the...scientists. The people who invaded our school with gas masks…

They advanced toward me, and I pushed further into my chair. One grabbed hold of Yosuke, but he pulled free, and ran toward the door. The teacher was scared to death, but he snapped out and uttered,

“Run… RUN!!!!!!!!!!”

He screamed at Yosuke, then at me. I stumbled over my desk, and dashed out the broken doorway. I winced as branches and pebbles stabbed my feet, and I tripped over a grass knot. I yelped and I frantically slapped the grass, trying to stand up. But it was really hard when there is so much pressure and fear on you. I turned around and saw that Yosuke was held down by more people in gas masks, and somebody jabbed a syringe in his neck. His eyes fluttered closed, and then I was scared than ever. I screamed, and the next thing I knew, the world turned black, and a faint thump was heard in the background.

When I awoke, the world was turning, and my heart was beating very loud. Sweat trickled down my face and I breathed heavily. When I tried to stand up, leather bands tightened around my wrists and legs. But when I looked around, I almost threw up. Dog heads were on metal trays, and 2 lab coats were sewing 2 dog heads onto a body, and the scary thing was... they were alive. The 2 headed dog eyes were carefully sliced out, and replaced into each other's sockets.

The dogs seemed to be in pain, eyes rolling back and foam at the mouth. The body was withering in pain a few feet away, and while it moved, blood dripped down the sides. Cats were being repeatedly shot with different liquids, that their faces were deformed, and some were having mutations, and had spasms.

Horses original body parts were replaced with sewn on animal parts and some were missing eyes, or legs, or... its head.

The other thing that I saw, that made me dizzy, and sick to my stomach, was when a baby panda rolled in on a cart. It was covered with stitches, and instead of furry little legs, it was replaced with goat legs, and it had neko ears instead of its own ears.

Then, right in front of me, they took a knife, and sliced the panda alive. The head was slowly sliced off, and rolled off the cart. Blood gushed everywhere... And then I fainted. The last thing I remembered was a shark thing, with an alligator tail, and a lion head staring at me from inside a green blue liquid tank.

When I awoke, instead of seeing animals, I saw HUMAN experiments. A pink haired girl was inside a tank, with mermaid fin like things stitched where her hand was. Her legs were replaced with a mermaid fin. She just floated there, and she had a pained expression while she stared at me.

The room was clean, the floors of marble, no scarlet stains anywhere. I thought it was where they were kept, in blue tanks. Boys and girls from the ages 10 to 20 filled the room. A boy of 12 wailed and cried bitterly, he wanted to see the sun. A pale black haired girl was dead eyed, reaching out to me. Her eyes were huge, the pupils small.

Then I realized…

THIS WAS THE PLACE OF MUTATIONS.. FREAKS... AND... FAILURES.