Status: Updated every 3-5 days

Hold On Till May

88 Days Before

“I don’t like this. I don’t like this. I don’t like this.” Aurora repeated over and over again. So far, the crew had only been in the car for a solid hour and a half. “I’m gonna kill him. I’m gonna kill him. I’m gonna kill him.” The boy she was referring to was the skunk haired boy who was currently screaming Destiny’s Child into her ear as she tried to sleep with her head rested on Zack’s shoulder. Rian was driving, trying to concentrate, but occasionally hitting the steering wheel out of annoyance from the backseat. Alex was riding shotgun because he had to be the douche to call it when everyone else wanted it. So, instead of calling it, they raced to see who could touch the vehicle first. Alex shoved everyone out of his way and won.

Zack was laughing silently to himself as the girl on his shoulder became just as obnoxious as the boy that was irritating her. “Rian?” Aurora whined.

“What? What do you need?” His voice was rushed and filled with impatience and anger.

“Whoa, Mr. Pissy-Pants, calm the fuck down,” Aurora sounded offended by the tone he took up with her. After the words spewed out of her mouth, Alex and Jack broke out into uncontrollable laughter.

“Always a lady,” Alex commented.

“As I was trying to say,” Aurora sighed as she leaned forward and pushed Alex’s face onto the window of the door. “Can we pull over at the next fast food place? I’m starving back here and need to get away from this thing.” As she talked, she motioned towards Jack with her finger who leaned over to bite it. Instead, Aurora flicked him in the nose as if he were a dog.

“Anything to get you two to shut up,” Rian agreed.

“Well, you are the one controlling the radio…” Zack commented. Rian finally realized that he was, in fact, the one controlling the radio and could’ve shut it off in an instant or at least changed the song.  Realizing what he hadn’t before, he switched the CDto a mix of Jack's Mannequin and Something Corporate. The first track was “Konstantine”.

“I swear on everything holy, Jack, if you ruin this by singing, I will kill you. This time I mean it.” Jack made a motion as if he were zipping his lips, locking them, and throwing away the key. It was an unspoken agreement that during this single song that only Zack, Alex, and the girl could sing if they felt like it. None of them were to make fun of it by singing off pitch, and no one was to scream the words. Why it was this way, no one ever really figured out.

And I had dreams that I could learn to play guitar; maybe cross the country, become a rockstar.

And there was hope in me that I could take you there, but dammit you’re so young, but I don’t think you care.

And if I hurt you then I’m sorry – please don’t think this was easy.

And then you bring me home ‘cause we both know what it’s like to be alone.

And I’m dreaming in your living room, but we don’t have much room to live.


By the time the 9 minutes and 35 seconds were over with, the entire van had been overcome with this calm that they barely got to experience. Everyone was silent as “Rescued” by Jack’s Mannequin came up next on the CD. Something about Andrew McMahon’s voice soothed the five teenagers, making them feel like they were invincible, giving them the power to do anything. During “Konstantine” Alex repeatedly looked back at Aurora, taking in her beauty while singing along to the perfect track. She looked serene, and it made him feel at peace. Rian and Jack sat back and listened to the song on full blast with their three friends singing harmony lowly in the background. Finally, as the CD went to the next track to "If You C Jordan" by SoCo, Jack started getting hyper all over again, screaming out every word.

"And to think I hoped that everything would keep quiet," Rian started snickering as he pulled off of the highway, heading to the first Taco Bell he could spot.

The entire crew got out of the van in a hurry to stretch out and breathe fresh air. They might not have been in there for too long, but it was long enough for everyone to go a tad stir crazy. They were teenagers that ran on adrenaline with a slight touch of ADHD that made them want to be up instead of sitting at every second of the day.

"Get me my usual?" Aurora asked Alex as he headed inside. He nodded while she gave him a five dollar bill and stood outside while smoking down her Newport.

"Give me that," Zack demanded, but didn't wait for Aurora to hand the cigarette over to him. He grabbed it out of her hand and took a long drag, looking like stress had just washed away once he breathed in the menthol goodness while closing his eyes. A small smile crept upon his face as he blew very little smoke back out and passed the cigarette back over.

"What has you so worried, toots?" Aurora questioned the boy with a chuckle. Zack sat down on the sidewalk and draped his arms over his legs, leaning forward to bury his head. He sighed.

"I just want to graduate and get signed, ya'know?" Aurora smiled and nodded her head even though he couldn't see her. "It would mean so much to get out there and do good for everyone and I just want it right now so badly." By this time the girl had sat down next to him and wrapped an arm around him while leaning her head on his back.

"You'll get signed." Her voice was promising, it wasn't just a hope she held for the guys - it was an outright promise.

"You don't know that," Zack started laughing a little.

"Yes, yes I do. Don't doubt me or yourself or the band because that will just make shit bad. Just trust yourself and the other guys, okay?" Zack sat up and hugged Aurora with one arm. She offered him another drag of her cigarette and he accepted almost immediately.

The guys stepped out of the fast food restaurant and spotted the two on the sidewalk.

"If you get cancer, we'll need to find a new bassist." Jack laughed at them. Zack exhaled and looked like he was ready to strangle Jack.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel like I have to apologize whenever it takes me weeks to post a chapter that isn't even good whatsoever. I'm so sorry, guys. This isn't good at all, but I finally had time to write a small filler chapter, so I hope this will do for now. I swear, it's going somewhere.

Thank you to jaseykay and sup.jessay for your beautiful comments.

Please keep commenting and subscribing, guys.

Also, if you'd like, I started writing yet another fic a few weeks ago called Rush of the Past and yes, it stars Mr. Gaskarh. I don't know if I like it or not, though. Go check it out (: