Status: complete~

'Cause See Sparks Fly Whenever You Smile

and they live happily ever after

“You ready, Gabi?” My friend and bridesmaid, Cass, asked me. Of course I was. I’m getting ready to marry the man of my dreams, I thought to myself.

“Sure am,” I replied. I remember every detail as to how we met.

We met at a Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Montreal Canadiens game. After the game, once the Leafs had crushed Montreal, my friend Cass and I were going to go to Real Sports, the restaurant across the road, hoping to spot some Leafs out celebrating their win. We both loved Luke Schenn and all we wanted to do was meet him. On the way to the restaurant after the Leafs crushed Montreal, something caught my eye. There was a guy staring at me.

“Do you have a problem?” I asked him. I didn’t know who it was, because he was far away.

He smiled at me. “Come here.” He said.

I wasn’t going to be rude, so I walked over. That’s when I realized it was PK Subban.

“May I help you?” I snapped.

He chuckled, “I saw you at the game, you were sitting behind our bench right?”

I stared at him blankly, “Yes, why does that matter?” He laughed.

“I like your smile.” He said. I blushed. He continued, “Aww, don’t blush. Smile some more.”

I hated the Montreal Canadiens and PK Subban, but when he complimented me, my heart melted.

When I was leaving the ACC, I heard, “Hey! Wait up!” coming from behind me. I saw PK running after me.

“I didn’t get your name,” he said breathlessly. I blushed again. “You’re blushing again, stop it.” He said grabbed my hand.

I looked up at him, “I’m Gabi.” He smiled, “I’m PK, nice to meet you.”

Since then, we’ve been hopelessly in love.

“Gabi, snap out of it.” Cass laughed.

“Whoops, my bad.” I chuckled.

“What were you even thinking about?” One of my other bridesmaids, Rachel, asked me.

“It’s sorta cheesy,” I started.

“Just spill, shit head.” Cass joked.

“I was thinking about how PK and I met.” I blushed.

“Awwww!” Cass and Rach gushed in unison.

“Yeah, yeah I get it.” I rolled my eyes.

Cass and Rach left, just as my mom and dad came in. “Gabi, you look gorgeous!” my mother squealed.

“Thanks, mom!” I hugged her. I turned to look at my dad. He was getting tears in his eyes. “Gabi, you truly look beautiful.”

“Thanks daddy, it means a lot.” I responded.

He sniffled, “My little girl is all grown up now.” I smiled at him, “Don’t worry daddy, I’ll always be your little girl.”

I hugged him and he kissed the top of my head. “Guys! It’s time!” Cass exclaimed as she popped her head in.

I wiped the tears that were now falling from my eyes, “Alright, here we go.” I whispered. My mom put her arm around me, “It’ll go great Hun, I promise.”

I heard the music start playing as I took my dad’s arm. Was I nervous? Yes. Was I excited to start my life with PK? Yes. I was a ball of mixed emotion. Cass, Rachel and my other bridesmaids started walking down the aisle and it was soon my turn.

“I’m very proud of you, Gabi.” My dad said with tears in his eyes as we started down the aisle. I looked at him, puzzled.

“What do you mean?” I asked him.

“You’ve grown up to be a very nice and beautiful life for yourself, you’re marrying a very good man and you’re going to have a great family.” He explained.

“Thanks, daddy.” I blushed.

We got closer and closer to the alter, and PK looked as handsome as ever. I looked into the crowd and saw all my family, and PK’s family and all our friends. All of the Habs were there, and some Leafs that I was close with, some junior hockey players that PK knew, my sisters and my brother were right up front with their faces full of smiles. This day couldn’t be any more perfect.

~~~~~~~~PK’S POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I watched as my wife-to-be walked down the aisle. God, she couldn’t look better. Her dress was extravagant, but honestly, it would look better on the floor of our hotel in Paris. I know Gabi has always wanted to go there, so I arranged for a surprise honeymoon there. She thinks we’re going to Cuba for a week, so I’ve been counting down the days until I can see her face when she finds out we’re not.

When she got to the alter, there were tears streaming down her face and she was blushing. Damn, was she ever beautiful. “Babe, don’t cry.” I smiled.

“I love you.” She chuckled.

The priest started the ceremony. “Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today on this beautiful to join together this Man and this Woman in holy Matrimony.”

He kept talking, but I sort of zoned out. I was just taking in the beauty of my soon-to-be wife.

He went on, “Do you, Pernell Karl take Gabi to be your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold? In sickness and in health? Until death do you part?”

I think I smiled the biggest I ever have. “I do.” I vowed.

“Do you, Gabi take Parnell Karl to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold? In sickness and in health? Until death do you part?”

Tears were still streaming down her face. “I do.” She smiled at me.

“If anybody objects, speak now or forever hold your peace.” He asked. Nobody said a word.

“I now pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss the bride.” He said.

I leaned in to kiss Gabi. “Forever,” she whispered to me.

“Forever and ever and ever.” I repeated to her, and then kissed her.

The whole church started clapping as we ran down the aisle towards the limousine, waiting out the church, hand in hand.

~~~~~~~~~~GABI’S POV~~~~~~~

At the reception, I think I may have danced with 6000 people and by the end of it I just could wait to go home and spend my first night with my husband as Mrs. Gabi Subban.

“Hey! Mrs. Subban, let’s get out of here!” PK yelled over the music. I couldn’t wait to start our new life together.

“Alright,” I winked.

When we were in the limo PK told me, “Cass and Rachel got all your stuff together for the honeymoon.”

Well, that’s peculiar, I thought to myself. “Alright babe, more time to spend in Cuba!” I said excitedly.

He just laughed.

~The Next Morning~

“C’mon Gabi, if you don’t get up soon we’re going to miss our flight!” I heard PK yell from outside our bedroom. I moaned and got out of bed, last night was very tiring, if you know what I mean, and I needed food.

When I walked out of our bedroom and immediately smelled bacon and pancakes, my favourite.
“Good morning beautiful, last night was incredible.” He winked at me.

“Well, I wanted to give my husband a taste of the rest of his life.” I teased as I snaked my hands around his waist.

“Sit love, have some breakfast before we leave. I made only the best for my favourite girl.” He laughed.

After breakfast, we headed to the airport. PK got his brother Malcolm to drive us, and the whole time he talked about how excited he was for the Bruins’ development camp. I was so proud of him for getting drafted in the first round. It was funny too, because he kept rubbing it PK’s face that he was drafted higher.

When we got the airport, PK whispered something to Malcolm and then they both just looked at me. It was very weird.

We said our goodbyes to Malcolm and then we boarded our plane. PK was acting very strange, and it was starting to worry me.

“What are you doing?” I asked him. “Nothing babe, just go to sleep.” He responded. So I did.

When I awoke, we were still in the plane. It had been over six hours since we took off. We were definitely not going to Cuba like anticipated.

“PK, what’s going on? Where are we going?” I asked, confused.

“Well babe, we’re going to Paris, like you always wanted.” He explained.

I started to tear up. “Babe, don’t cry. Smile.” He said. So I smiled. I smiled like a complete idiot, but it was enough to make PK laugh.

~~~~~~~~PK’S POV~~~~~~~~

As soon as we got off the plane, we got a cab and went to the hotel that I had got Cass too book for us. It’s a good thing that Gabi and Cass both took French all through high school, because I’d be totally lost if they hadn’t. When we got to the hotel, I pinned Gabi up against the wall and start kissing her neck.

“Wait,” she managed to spit out between breaths. She looked like she was going to throw up.

She ran to the bathroom, and what do you know, she threw up.

She was sitting on the floor hurling into the toilet and I was holding her hair back when she turned up to look at me with the most innocent eyes ever.

“What?” I asked her, sounding concerned.

She hesitated, “I guess this is a good time to tell you.”

I shook my head in confusion. “Tell me what?” I asked.

She smiled, “PK, I’m pregnant.”
♠ ♠ ♠
PLOT TWIST