Highschool love

Running late

James had made a stop to get some food, Bella pulled out her phone. 7:10 and still no reply from Oliver. What if something is wrong with him, Bella thought panicking a little. She saw James walking towards her.
"Hey, what's wrong, Bella-tricks?" he asked, clearly seeing the worried look on her face.
"Nothing, can we just hurry and get to school, please?" She asked. James nodded getting back on his bike and driving to school.
***
This has happened to Oliver multiple times before in the past. He was shoved to the ground roughly, he pulled his hands up to his face for protection.But it didn't seem to help him any. Suddenly it all stopped. He didn't feel the kicks or hits anymore. He looked up to see the football players weren't facing him. They seem to have their focus on another person. Oliver moved a little, trying to see who it was, but fell back down because if the pain in his ribs.
"Hey, leave him the hell alone!" Bella yelled at them. John and his friends laughed.
"And how is a little girl like you gonna stop us?" John said as he started walking towards her. Bella just stood her ground and stared at him.
"You'd be wise to listen to her." Came a voice from behind John and the other two. They turned around to see James. John just looked at James.
"You are really gonna stand up for this two. Really?" John said as James came to stand face to face with him. James looked scarier see as he was a good 7 inches taller than John.
"Yes I am. Bella and her friends here," James said point to Oliver,"Are with me. If you don't want me to rip you throat out you will leave them alone." James said getting in John's face.
"You better watch you back." John said as he and his followers left. Bella ran over to Oliver, she felt bad. I should have been here sooner, she thought. James came over and place a hand on Bella's shoulder.
"Hey Oliver, we're gonna help you inside to the nurse's office." James said, as he placed one of Oliver's arms on his shoulder, Bella did the same. Oliver bit his lip so he wouldn't cry out in pian from the movement.
***
Oliver, Bella, and James all sat quietly in the nurse's office. the nurse had went to the main office to call Oliver's father, who Bella hate. Not cause he did anything to her, but for what he does to Oliver.
"You're most likely going to go home." James said breaking the heavy silence that was in the room.
"I know." Oliver said with a sigh, he really didn't want to put up with his dad. Know that wasn't they were alone things would only get worse for him.
"I'll come with you." Bella spoke up for the first time since the two found Oliver and the football players.
"No, what about your da-" Oliver was cut off.
"It'll be fine, I'll text him.
"And your mom... What about school?"
"My dad will tell my mom. Both will be fine with it. And my friends are more important then school." Bella said with a smile. The nurse walked back in and smiled over at the three.
"Your father is on his way to pick you up. Bella stood up and went into the main office, leaving James and Oliver back with the nurse. She went up to the front desk.
"Excuse me, Miss Sims, I need to call my dad to see if I can leave."
"Why?" Miss Sims asked while pushing her glasses up.
"I got sick earlier on. I thought it was nothing, but I'm not feeling so well." Bella really wasn't lying, she felt like shit.
"Fine, sign in and call." She sighed. Bella signed in a picked up the phone. She quickly dialed her dad's number.
"Hello?" she heard her father asked.
"Hey dad it's me"
"What's wrong, Bells?"
"I'm not feeling so well and they need permission for me to leave."
"Oh ok, well I'll come pick you up. But I can't stay with you. I have to go back to work."
"That's fine."
"Alright, I'll see you soon." Bella hung up the phone. She looked at Miss Sims.
"He is coming to pick you up?"
"Yes ma'am." Bella said nodding.
"Go wait with your friend in the nurse's office then." Bella walked back in and sat down.