Under his touch

#4

“Can I sit by myself now?” I mumble, blowing my hair out of my face seeming as I can't use my arms.

Matt ignores me and carries on his conversation with a drunk Brian. I think Zacky's drunk too. Why do they always have to be drunk? Matt had been drinking but it seems to take a lot to get him drunk, maybe it's because he's so huge. I sigh and turn my head to look at Jimmy. He looks in his mirror and rolls his eyes, obviously feeling sorry for me. I copy him and shoot him a small smile. The radio plays softly in the background, it's my only entertainment.

Suddenly the van swerves and then stops, “Okay who needs a piss?”

“Fuck pissing, I need food.” Zacky mumbles, “Where are we?”

“Some gas station … It looks like shit but it's the only place for another 50 miles.”

Matt's arms free me and I'm quick to jump away from him. I turn my head around and frown at him, he mimics me while grabbing his sweater and pulling it over himself.

“Brian you stay here with Kay, we'll only be twenty minutes.”

My breathing hitches. No. I'm not staying here with him. I reach out to try and grab Matt but he just shuts the doors. I'm frozen. I turn to look at Jimmy but he isn't there, he must have gone in with them. Brian has a sinister look on his face, his brown eyes almost black. He looks smashed. He reaches towards me and pulls me into his embrace, one arm over my shoulder. I'm trapped. He looks down at me and I turn the other way trying my best to ignore him.

“Hey, don't be like that.” He whispers grabbing my chin between his thumb and index finger so that I have no choice but to look at him. He smells of alcohol and it makes me gag. So many horrible memories. My mind goes fuzzy and I feel like I'm about to pass out. I can't talk and I can't focus.

I remember the day I met Brian. I had an immediate crush on him. I still think he's handsome but I can barely look at his face, not after what he'd done to me. I can't be near him without loosing my breath. He was a monster in a man’s body when he's been drinking.

“Get off me, Brian.” I tell him, finally catching my breath.

He frowns, “I'm not on you.”

That's it. I push him away and scramble over towards the other side of the van, my heart in my mouth. I push myself up over Jimmy's seat and land in the passengers seat. I don't even know how I managed to it, it must have been the adrenaline that got me over there.

Brian doesn't move. He doesn't even make a sound. I'm too scared to look back to see what he's doing so I sit with my arms wrapped around my knees looking forwards. I concentrate on my breathing. In. Out. In. Out. In. Out. My head starts to feel better and I don't feel like I'm going to throw up anymore.

The drivers door flies open and Jimmy jumps in. He turns and jumps slightly seeing me sat staring at him. He frowns and before he has a chance to speak Zacky's shouting.

“Why are you sitting up there?”

Shit. “I-I feel a little sick, sir.”

Suddenly the door next to me gets ripped open and Matt's standing there. I expect him to grab me by the hair and pull me into the back of the van but he doesn't. He places an ice cold can of Monster on my lap, a bag of Dorito's and some marshmallows. I smile up at him and he shoots me a grin back. He's in a good mood somehow.

Jimmy starts the engine when everyone's in the back of the van. He drives and I see Johnny in the other car. I smile at him and look down at my food, cracking open the can of Monster and digging into the marshmallows.

“Let's have a marshmallow.” Jimmy says in a hushed tone, knowing full well if I give him one the rest of the guys will demand one. I nod and hold him the bag. He takes one and stuffs it in his mouth.

After I finished eating them, I push the packet on the dashboard next to my drink and pull my legs up to my chest, leaning my head back I close my eyes and I drift off into a peaceful sleep.



“Get up, we're here.”

My eyes flutter open and my surroundings take me by shock. I hear a loud crashing noise and I cringe, it frightened the shit out of me. I realise we're at the airport. Holy shit, have I been sleeping for that song? I look over at Matt and he frowns at me, probably wondering why I look so confused.

“Are we at the airport?”

He nods, “Yep. Come on, we gotta check in.”

I nod and step out of the van with caution. Brian's stood with his suitcase and my back pack over his shoulder. He looks up at me and then down again. He obviously remembers what happened. I cringe again. Jimmy's on the phone, I'm not sure who too, probably Jason Berry. I don't know where Zacky and Johnny are. Matt shut the door behind me and wraps his arm around my shoulder.

“Stay fucking close to me,” He whispers, “Anybody could be in this airport looking for you, so you're going to hold my hand.”

I roll my eyes, “I'm not five, Matt.”

“No, that's right you're not. But do you want to get snatched away from us?”

I think for a while, “No.”

“Good.”

He grabs his suitcase with his left hand and wraps his fingers in mine. His hand practically swallows mine. I feel sleepy still, I probably look like shit. I bet my clothes smell, too. I look behind me at Jimmy who's paying some guys to take the van and the truck. Jimmy hugs the guy before running after us. He obviously knows him.

Walking into the airport I gasp. It looks just like something out of the movies! It's so cool, it almost looks futuristic! My mouth falls open and I can't stop staring around me at all the people. I've never been around so many people before. It's actually quite overwhelming. I catch Zacky's eye and he's smiling at me. He's probably laughing at my expression.

We arrive at a check in desk and Matt tells us all to sit down. We have three hours until we have to board our plane. I'm bored. Then it hits me. Where the fuck are we actually going?

“Where are we going?”

“London.”

I gasp, “Really?!”

Matt nods, staring at his cards. Him and Johnny are playing poker. I hate card games so I decide to go and sit next to Brian and Zacky who are smirking about something. I plop myself between them and cross my legs. Brian looks down at me and raises an eyebrow.

“What?” He asks.

I shrug, “I'm a little bored. Can we go for a walk?”

He frowns, “I can't be fucked. Entertain yourself.”

I look over at Zacky and he shakes his face. I frown and jump back down again. Ergh, men. I look over at Matt and he's lost in his game. I'd rather not interrupt him so I walk off down towards where all the shops are. This is the first time I've been alone without the guys around me. I feel refreshed.

I look over towards a McDonald’s. Zack always buys me McDonald’s. I wonder over to it with wide eyes. It's so big and colourful. I hear someone clear their throat behind me and I turn around to be met with a tall guy, round about my age. He smiles, he has beautiful teeth and bright blue eyes, with light brown hair. He has a couple of guys standing behind him, all of them carrying skateboards and talking to one another. I smile up at him, blushing.

“Hello.”

“Hey.” I breathe, my heart in my mouth.

“I noticed you're wearing a John Mayer shirt. I love John Mayer.”

I nod, “Me too.”

He talks to me for a while about where he's going and what he's doing. He asks me the questions but I shrug them off. His friends look over at me a couple of times and smile. His name is Jeff. That's a cute name. I keep blushing and I mentally curse at myself for doing so.

“Do you have a boyfriend?” He asks casually at the end of a sentence.

“Yeah, she does.”

I turn around and Jimmy's staring down at the guy. His eyes narrowed as he places his hand on my shoulder. Shit. Oh shit. I'm in for it. I look down at the floor.

“Oh I-”

“Save it, kid.”

“Are you her boyfriend?”

Jimmy nods and Jeff steps back alarmed, “Sorry dude, I didn't realise-”

“Mhm, we need to go.”

I nod and look over at Jeff apolgetically, “See you.”

He waves at me, his eyes hurt. He only wanted to talk to me. I sigh and Jimmy leads me back towards where we were sitting earlier. He doesn't say anything until the guys are out of sight.

“What the fuck is wrong with you, Kay!?”

I pull myself away from him, “I was bored! I just went for a walk!”

“People are out to kidnap you and you think you're going to take a fucking walk!?” He screams. People stare.

I frown and look down at my feet.

“Matt is fucking fuming. You better brace yourself.”

As his face comes into sight I swallow hard. Oh God, he's pissed. He's so pissed.
♠ ♠ ♠
None of you guys guessed right! Why do you think she's so scared of Brian?