One Thing.

Breaking Point.

I glanced at the clock in the kitchen and noticed it was just getting to be nine. I looked down at my outfit and bit down on my lip. It was only a movie night, they’d just be sitting on the couch, but I wanted to make sure I looked somewhat acceptable, instead of waltzing over in a baggy t shirt and sweats.

I grabbed my key and phone, slipping them into my cardigan’s pocket and after successfully locking the door behind me, I turned around and knocked softly on Max’s door.

It was a few minutes before anyone answered the door, and I could hear a commotion going on. I debated turning around and just cuddling into the couch and watching my Gossip Girl season two DVDs, when the door opened, but Max wasn’t the one at the door.

A dark haired boy with matching brown eyes stood at the door, with a small smirk playing on his lips. “Is it Christmas already?”

I stood in place, lips slightly parted, not knowing what to say. I knew I should’ve just stayed in my apartment. Not even two seconds of being in their company and I already felt utterly uncomfortable.

He continued to smirk at me, as he leaned against the door frame and I felt my face growing hot. Then, the door yanked open and another boy with dark hair, this one with beautiful blue eyes stood in the doorway and glanced over at me.

“Stop fuckin’ with the girl, Matt.” He gave me a small smile. “You’re Max’s new neighbor, yeah?”

“Yeah.” My voice was softer than I wanted, and he only smiled a bit bigger before holding open the door and stepping aside. “Come in.”

Once I stepped inside, I noticed Max sitting on the couch with another guy on the love seat with him. His eyes lit up once he saw me and he raised his beer up. “Emmy! You’re finally here! We’ve been waiting to crank up the movie.”

The one who I learned was Matt draped his arm around my shoulder and steered me towards the couch, apparently unaware of the fact that people don’t really feel comfortable being touched by strangers. “This way, love. You can sit with Josh and I.” he sat us down on the largest of the three couches and took the spot on my left.

Once Josh finally took the spot on the other side of me, with a beer in hand, Max shot up and placed the DVD in the player. “Alright mates, no commentary this time!”

“As if I can keep my mouth shut for more than a few minutes,” Matt called out and everyone seemed to howl with laughter. I merely smiled. I glanced over to my right and noticed a guy sitting alone on the roomy couch, and rather than being pressed against a talkative guy with no personal space bubble, I opted to stand up and quickly switch seats.

The guy sitting beside Max instantly began laughing as he pointed over at Matt. “Look what you’ve done. You’ve already scared her away!”

I tried to explain myself, that I liked a bit of space but my voice was lost in everyone’s laughter and I simply settled into the couch.

“Don’t worry about them,” the guy beside me smiled softly. “You’ll get used to how loud they are.” He held his hand out. “I’m Dan.”

“Emmy.” I smiled and shook his head gently. Once I pulled my hand away from his and turned to face the television , I caught Josh giving us a look. When our eyes locked on to one another’s , though, he quickly averted his eyes back to the movie. This really was an odd group.

About twenty minutes into the movie, Dan tapped my shoulder and I pulled my eyes away from the movie to be met with his smile. “I’m going to go get another beer, you thirsty?”

I nodded my head and I leaned forward to whisper. “Can you show me where the bathroom is?” It was a stupid question, I realized, after it’d left my mouth, as the set up of my apartment was virtually the same, but the last thing I wanted to do was assume and end up walking into every room of the apartment until I found it.

After he showed me to the bathroom, I pulled out my cellphone that had been vibrating against my leg for the past few minutes. I quickly called him back as I glanced at myself in the mirror.

“Emmy,” his voice rang in my ear.

“What’s the matter?” I asked softly as I pushed my ear behind my ear.

He sighed a bit, but I could tell he was relaxing, as he had sounded so wound up just a moment ago. “I thought something happened to you,” I smiled at his concern. “You always answer whenever I call, so when I called twice with no answer, I was beginning to freak out.”

I let out a small giggle and shook my head. “Baby, I told you not to worry about me. I’m fine! Remember that neighbor I told you about?”

“Yeah, what about your neighbor?” I set the toilet seat down and took a seat.

“Well, he invited me over to watch a movie with him and his friends.”

I could hear voices going on in the background and I heard a door shut before it was silent again. “Your neighbor’s a guy?” I laughed at this. “And he invited you over for a movie night with more guys?”

“Yes, baby bear. My neighbor is a guy and im sitting with more guys right now, watching a movie.” I smiled. “And guess what else?”

“What?” he asked and I wanted to kiss him right now more than anything.

“They’re giving me beer.” I whispered and I couldn’t help but laugh when he gasped.

“Emmy, they’re going to take advantage of you!” he playfully teased. “I’m gonna come home to find you tied up in your apartment like Rihanna and you’ll be singing to me about how you like whips and chains!”

“You’re such an idiot.” I laughed and when his laugh mixed with mine, I felt my heart squeeze. I missed him more each day.

“I’m only an idiot around you.” I scoffed. “And the guys.” I cleared my throat. “And everyone else.”

“I thought so.” I teased and I could see him ruffling his hair, making it ‘perfectly messy.’

“I guess I’ll let you get back to your movie night,” he gave an over exaggerated sigh. “I love you, Emmy.”

“I love you too, boo.” I brought my lips together and gave a kiss through the phone like he always asked me to do. “Give my love to the boys.”

“Will do,” he promised. “And they can’t wait to see you either.”

After hanging up, I slid the phone back into my pocket and stepped out, my eyes on the ground. Once I ran into the person standing right in front of me, giving me no room to move, I looked up. “Whoops, I’m sorry.” I said softly, meeting Josh’s eyes.

“No problem,” he smirked and I gave a nod before I moved to the right to get out of the way, which was useless, as he also moved to the right. I let out a nervous laugh and moved to the left, so did he.

“Tryin’ to dance with me now?” his voice was smooth and his accent sounded familiar. It was clear and relaxing, and I thought of the voice I had just heard moments ago.

“Was that your boyfriend?” his voice cut me from my thoughts. I looked up to meet his expeactant eyes.

“What?” I asked. I hadn’t heard a word he had said just now and I felt heat rising to my cheeks.

“The bloke you were talking to in the bathroom, it’s your boyfriend, yeah?”

“Oh, yeah.” I nodded my head and he gave a brief nod as well, taking in my words.

“He live here in England, or he’s back in America?” his had a nice smile, I noticed, as he exposed his teeth and leaned against the wall.

“He lives here in London, it’s actually why I moved here.”

“So you live together then.” He concluded and I found myself biting my lip harshly.

“No, we don’t. It’s just me next door.”

He didn’t seem to understand, or maybe he just thought it didn’t make sense. “Well, if you moved here all the way from America, why would you not move in together?”

If only he understood half of what was going on in my life at the moment. “It’s complicated.” I think he could tell there was something up from the look on my face, and he dropped it after that and walked around me to get to the bathroom.

+

“Well, thank you for inviting me over,” I said softly as everyone stood and began getting ready to head home. The guys all nodded and I turned and began walking towards the front door.

“So, Emmy,” Dan’s voice called out, “You’ll be coming back for more film nights, yeah?” His smile was sweet, and I found myself returning the smile.

“If you guys don’t mind having me.” Everyone let out a chorus of agreement and I gave one last nod before leaving. Right as I was on my way out, I looked eyes with Josh again and his confused expression seemed to bother me a lot more than it should have.

Although it was late, the moment I got inside my apartment, I realized that I hadn’t unpacked any of my bags or the numerous boxes scattered throughout the apartment.

“I’ll just do one box tonight,” I told myself and reached into the box sitting in the living room. I didn’t get very far into the box, when my hands came in contact with a photo album.

My hands ghosted along the cover, my eyes taking in the intricate detailing of the cover. I could feel tears stinging in my eyes again for what seemed like the fourth time that day as I looked at pictures of us, pictures of when he was home and we were together.

Looking through the album, I realized that if he didn’t come home and fix me soon, this relationship wouldn’t live to see another month.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't worry, you guys have been dying to find out who her boyfriend is, and you are about to find out in the next chapter, so take your final guess on who you think it could possibly be! And so sorry if this chapter is boring, it's got a slow start, but it's about to take off!

Feedback makes updates come faster! <3