All The Small Things

Always I Know

(Chapter Four)

Matt’s POV:

“Vinny! Get away from that computer!” Matt yelled as he caught the merch guy sneaking back to where his computer lay open on the kitchen table.

“But what if I need to use it!” Vinny replied with a smirk. Matt rolled his eyes and shook his head grabbing his computer so he wouldn’t even touch it.

“Not mine. You already hacked into my email and sent Keith an email saying that everyone was dead in a tragic bus accident and burned to death when the fire hit the gas tank. It took me forever to get Keith to calm down on the phone and to explain it was just you being an idiot like usual.”

Vinny couldn’t respond because he was too busy doubled over laughing at his prank. How Tessa lived with him for so long was beyond him. He could barely take living in a small bus with the merch guy for a few months, let alone his whole life. But he gave Tessa credit for being able to survive with him.

Colussy walked into the room coming from the bunks and raised a brow at Vinny before looking up at Matt. “What’s with him?”

“He’s still laughing over that little prank he pulled the other day.” Matt explained as Colussy smiled and shook his head as he went to grab himself a cup of coffee from the pot. “Is the crew up?”

Colussy shrugged, not helping matters at all. “Danny is changing and I think I hear Evan up too.”

Matt just nodded as he made his way up to the front of the bus to ask the driver how much longer until they got to the venue. When he had his answer, he found that Danny and Evan were indeed up like Colussy said and were busy stuffing their faces. Setting his computer back down on the kitchen table, he opened it back and typed in his password and opened his email to see if anything new came in since he had checked earlier this morning.

A hour later, they were pulling up to the side of the road in front of the venue. Matt grabbed his bag that held all the things he usually needed for when he set up his makeshift office for the day. After making sure he had everything, he followed the rest of the crew off the bus and outside. He heard Colussy begin to tell everyone what needed to be done as he made his way to the door of the venue, walking in and checking everything out and finding where the dressing room and how the backstage area worked.

He found a little space close to the side of the stage with a table and dumped all his bags down on it, setting up his laptop and printer and giving the Mickey plushie he kept with him a pat as he set it on top of the printer. His radio was also in there and he clipped the actual piece to his belt and then took the handset and clipped that to the shoulder of his shirt turning it on in case anyone needed him.

Opening up the documents he had, he found the set list and the schedule and set up the printer to his computer and began to print as many copies as he figured they needed. After they were done, he grabbed some tape and then began taping the signs up where they were needed as he saw the rest of the crew beginning to cart the things in and head into the main room.

Just as he was making his way back to his computer, he heard Josie suddenly playing loudly and pulled out his phone hoping to see his fiancée’s name on the screen but just frown when he saw that it was Keith instead. Setting the things he had in his hand down, he pressed accept and said hello into the speaker, beginning to go through his email as he did so.

“Why did I just get an email saying that some crazy shooter came into the venue and killed everyone and only you managed to escape?” Keith asked in an irritated voice.

Matt sighed as he went into his sent box in his email and found the email the manager was talking about. “That would be because Vinny somehow got into my computer again. I had this thing password protected and everything.”

“Well maybe your password shouldn’t be Tessa Flyzik then.”

Matt blushed even though that wasn’t his password anyway. It was actually the date that he had asked Tessa out. But maybe even that was a little too easy. Well, easy enough for the merch guy to hack into his computer and send stupid emails again. “Don’t worry; I’m going to kill Vinny when I see him next.”

“Good because I’m really getting sick of seeing these emails. I was sleeping and my phone went off waking me up. I actually thought it was important, and not something stupid.”

“Sorry Keith, everything really is fine here though. Don’t worry about anything.” Matt replied as he heard Keith grunt an ok and then hung up. Shoving his phone back into his pocket, he sat at the table and turned on his iTunes before beginning the paperwork he needed to do for that day.

A while later, his radio crackled for the first time as he heard Colussy call his name, asking him to come and help with something. Telling him he’d be there in a second, he finished the last of what he was doing and got up to go find out was going on and then after to go find Vinny and give him a piece of his mind. Finding Colussy at the sound table, he called his name as he made his way over and saw Jeff and Evan look up and greet him as he made his way over to stand next to his assistant.

“So what’s up?” He asked as Colussy began explain the dilemma about the lights that Jeff had suddenly run into. He was basically having second thoughts about the design he had come up with and was wondering if he should fix a few things.

And this meant if he did change things, he would be working on it all day, needing the main lights in the room dim so that he could see what he was doing and fix things that he didn’t like. Not that Matt had a problem with this just that it would take a while and he didn’t know if Jeff would have it done by the time the show was to start. But he said yes anyway since he knew that Jeff was a perfectionist when it came to his job and no matter what the lighting came out perfect and everyone loved it. So he just smiled and told the light guy to go at it and have fun knowing that the show was about to get even better.

As he was making his way back to his office, he saw Vinny at the merch table and made a little detour so that he could talk to the merch guy. Just as he was getting closer, he saw that Vinny was just getting off the phone and looked a little worried. When Vinny saw him walking over, he gave a small smile and the merch guy only returned it slightly.

“Hey Vin you ok? What’s up?”

Vinny just shrugged, “nothing much. I just got off the phone with Tessa. She’s not feeling very well.”

“Really?” Matt asked as Vinny nodded. “Huh, she didn’t say anything to me about that. I should probably call her.”

“She would like that, she sounds pretty miserable and we all know the only one to cheer her up is you.” Vinny replied as Matt gave him a devilish grin making Vinny cringe. “Oh gross dude, I do not need to think about what you and my sister do when you’re alone and having sexy time.”

Matt just laughed as he turned on his heel and pulled out his phone about to call Tessa when someone called him from somewhere in the room. He sighed as he gave his phone one last glance and then shoved it back in his pocket. He would have to call her back later. This was the busiest time for him and hopefully Tessa understood that he would call when he had more than only a moment to himself. But for now, he was going to have to go and see what new crisis his crew was making a big deal out of.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is sort of a filler, but that's because the next few chapters are really going to be the important ones. You'll understand in next chapter. Everythings going to be crazy, just you wait.

I also want to mention that I've come to a desicion that I'm going to cut down to only one update a week and they'll usually be on weekends. I've been on a huge writing spree today and I'm already up to chapter eight for this story while I'm barely getting things done for my other. It's random and I don't understand why, but whatever. Hopefully this block will go away soon.... *fingers crossed*

Anyway, so thanks to: xPoppinxChampagnex and Audrey170 for your comments! It's really nice to hear from some new readers!! But I do love you all! Thanks you for reading this!!! See you next chapter!!!! =D