Status: slow updates. but i promise I'm workin. i love you guys.

My Baby, My Darling.

Eyes for You.

It was an incessant tapping. And when I say incessant, I mean for two hours straight. On this particular occasion, I was able to ignore it, but only for a certain amount of time. I tried desperately to remain calm, and not blow up. However, once that particular point hits, I blow up.

"Holy fuck, Nicole!" I hissed, slamming my hands down onto the steering wheel. "Shut the fuck up. Like, seriously. The tapping needs to stop. I've been listening to you dot your fucking paper with a crayon for two hours straight."

"It's my new design project." she muttered, holding her red crayon mid-air, about to slam it back down onto the sketch pad in front of her. Nicole looked down at the creation in front of her, which was a dress design. Nicole was currently going to school for clothing design. She wanted to be a stylist or a clothing designer of some sorts. And she was good, except for the fact that she manipulated the texture of her designs in the stranger ways. For instance, to create the texture of the dress in front of her, she  was trying to create a myriad of dots using crayons. The downside is it was time consuming and obnoxiously irritating, especially considering that we were confined to the same car.

I raised my eyebrows, "Well is there a way we could out that aside for now? You've been slamming that crayon onto your sketchbook for nearly two hours. It wouldn't be as irritating if we weren't sitting in silence."

She shrugged, "My car stereo doesn't work. Sue me! We're almost there anyways. Calm down, sourpuss." 

We were currently driving to Gabe's lake house for a party he was hosting. He'd planned it pretty spontaneously a few days ago because the weather forecast said that the weather was reaching record temperatures his weekend. Through a heck of a lot of coaxing, Gabe was able to convince me to come along with Nicole. However, we had to take Nicole's car because my huge truck would not fit on the tiny mountain roads.

After a few minutes of silence, Nicole threw her sketches down on the floorboard and directed her attention towards me. "So, where's lover boy?"

"Volunteering at the hospital," I shrugged, focusing on the road ahead. "He's coming later on though with Annie."

"Should have known," she smirked, "You lovebirds have been inseparable lately."

I grinned lightly, "What are you talking about?  We are not inseparable."

"Oh, please." she scoffed, "If you're not home, you're with him. Or you're working. I'm surprised you two aren't married."

"Oh my god." I scoffed, "Nicole, we aren't even exclusive, let alone married."

"You aren't exclusive?! You mean, it's not even official?" her jaw dropped as she turned in the passenger's seat to face me.

I shook my head slowly, "And besides, I still see you almost every day. So, I don't even know what you're complaining about. Therefore, I am not always with Dexter. Look at right now, for example. We're here, bonding. If you can even call it that."

She laughed as I pulled up to the lake house driveway. It was still pretty empty considering the party doesn't start for another three hours. Gabe asked us to come early to help set up. "I'm just saying. Something's going on between you two. I think you need to clarify with him or something. Set everything straight so that you're on the same page."

I turned off the car and pulled up the parking brake. "If you say so." I rolled my eyes. "Now hurry up and get out so we can start unloading stuff." I honked the horn, telling Gabe and Travis to come out and help with the bags of groceries they asked me to bring.

"So what?" she continued, meeting me at the back of the car. "Are you guys dating other people?"

"Can we not talk about this?" I groaned, pulling a few plastic bags out of the trunk as Gabe and Travis made their way over to the car.

"Talk about what?" Gabe grinned from beside me as he grabbed a few bags.

Nicole rolled her eyes, "About Chelsea and Dexter.

"Yes. Can we please not talk about this." Gabe scoffed, "I'm done talking about my cousin's love life. Especially when it's one of my friends she's dating."

She grinned, watching as Gabe and Travis started walking back towards the lake house and reached inside, pulling the last grocery bag out of the trunk and slamming it shut. "I'm just saying, Chels." Her voice dropping to signify solemnity. "Figure it out, so no one's expectations are crushed."

I nodded slowly, taking in her words as I followed her through the front doors of the house. It really hadn't bothered me that Dexter and I had no label on our relationship. But, as I continued helping to set up for the party, the thought never escaped my mind. Was Dexter dating other girls?
---

By 8 o'clock, the party was in full swing. Hundreds of people walked around the house in nothing but their bathing suits and little articles of real clothing. Even the backyard, which had open access to the lake, was full of a crowd of people. Most of these people I hadn't even met before. However, I knew a handful of Gabe's friends from college because I had met them before at some of the parties. There were even a few skimpy girls from my graduating class that were walking around the lake house. However, I refrained from talking to them because I already knew how slutty and shallow they were from experience. I was sitting on the couch, talking to one of Gabe's friends when I spotted Dexter and Annie walk into the house. A few people approached Dexter immediately and started to strike up conversation. A few slutty girls even crowded around him, waiting for their chance to talk to him.

I'd been to a few parties with Dexter before, including the one we met at. However, those were all fairly small compared to this rager. I almost forgot how popular he was around huge crowds of people. Usually, when it was just us, I didn't have to worry about fighting for his attention. I watched as he mingled with people, occasionally scanning the room as if looking for someone. However, it took him a total of twenty minutes before spotting me and trying to make his way over. But, even that took another fifteen minutes because a variety of people continued to approached him to strike conversation, most of them being girls.

I excused myself from my conversation and stood up, smoothing out my small sundress that reached a few inches above my knee. I weaved my way through the crowd and found my way to stand beside Dexter, who was in the middle of a conversation with this fake blonde. She stood a few inches taller than me in nothing but a bathing suit two sizes too small for her boobs. She smacked her gum, leaning into Dexter's frame as she spoke into his ear over the blaring music that usually came with these types of parties. He merely stood with his arms crossed and nodded occasionally, agreeing with what she was saying.

I softly squeezed Dexter's arm, gaining his attention. His eyes shot open in surprise. "Hey! I was making my way over to you just now." he wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me into his frame.

The blonde raised her eyebrow, scanning me up and down as she continued to smack her gum. She plastered a fake smile into her face, "Hi. I'm Sarah."

I nodded to her, sending her a small smile. "Chelsea."

"I was just telling Dexter this funny story about a mutual friend of ours. Do you know Kenny? You might not, considering he's a little older." She licked her lips, challenging me. Her eyes traveled to Dexter's arm which still held me close to him and cocked her head to the side.

 I nodded slowly, raising an eyebrow at her last remark. Did this bitch think I was twelve or something? "Yeah. I was just talking to him over there on the couch." I pointed to where I had just came from, sending her a small smirk. "Sorry, I didn't mean to intrude on your conversation by the way. Really quick, I just needed to tell Dexter that I needed help in the kitchen when he finished saying hello to everybody."

She narrowed her eyes slightly at me before plastering a smile back onto her face. "That's okay. I was just finishing up anyways." She directed her attention toward Dexter, putting a hand on his upper arm, gripping his bicep lightly as she leaned into him again. "I'll tell you the rest over drinks sometime. Call me, yeah?"

I raised my eyebrows and turned my head slightly, scoffing at her desperate attempt. Dexter merely grinned lightly, nodding his head. "Good to see you again, Sarah."

She twiddled her fingers flirtatiously as she disappeared back into the crowd. I raised my eyebrows at him, stifling a laugh. "Classy. Real classy, Dex."

"What?" he laughed, looking down at me.

I laughed lightly shook my head slowly, turning to make my way towards the kitchen. He followed after me as I weaved through the crowd once again, towards the ice bags in the kitchen's freezer. I pulled open the freezer door and pulled out a large bag of ice.

"No, really. She's a classy one! By all means, hit her up later so you can guys can catch up on the good old days and have a few drinks. Hell, get wasted for all I care." I pushed the bag into his arms as he smirked, watching as I ranted.

"Maybe you could accompany her to her next plastic surgery appointment and hold her hand while she gets her boobs further enhanced if that's even possible. And maybe after that, you could go out shopping together to buy her ten more packs of gum, because in all honesty, I don't think she smacks those suckers loud enough." I spoke quickly, pulling another bag of ice and walking out the sliding doors towards the backyard, where the coolers were located. I set the sack of ice down, trying to pry the bag open.

"You're jealous." he smirked, setting the larger sack of ice next to me. He stated it so simply, arrogantly. As if he already knew and didn't need my confirmation.

I looked up at him and rolled my eyes, still trying to tear the plastic open. "Why would I be jealous?"

He crouched down so that we were at eye level and swiftly cut the bag open using his car key. "You are, you're jealous." His smirk grew even wider, trying to search my eyes as I poured the sack of ice into one of the coolers.

"No." I shook my head sternly. "I'm not jealous."

"Alright," he held up his hands in mock defeat, slowly standing up. "You're not jealous."

I nodded, pouring the other bag into a separate cooler and standing up, gathering the plastic bags into a ball as I turned to face him, narrowing my eyes. "Exactly."

"But just so you know, you don't need to be jealous." He smirked, leaning down to whisper into my ear. His cool breath sent shivers down my spine and my knees went weak. "I only have eyes for you." 

Dexter pushed a few strands of hair behind my ear, his cold fingertips grazing my skin in the process, leaving his hand to cup my cheek. He leaned down and placed a soft kiss on my lips, licking over his lips after he pulled away. My knees threatened to give out at any moment, turning to jello as he gazed into my eyes with his grey orbs. I opened my mouth to say something snarky about the line he just used but was suddenly interrupted.

Nicole's voice sounded from the other end of the backyard, calling me over to help her pull a few canoes out of the shed. I cleared my throat, using all of my will power to step away from him, my eyes never leaving his. "I'll be back." I bit my lip, breaking contact with his eyes. I pushed pieces of hair out of my face and made my way over to Nicole, who was now chatting with a few of Gabe's friends, tossing her head back in laughter.
---

Dexter POV
I crossed my arms and watched her as she walked away from me, her long brown hair swinging from side to side as her hips moved in a synchronized motion. Her white sundress contrasted with her tanned skin, showing off her beautiful figure. Even the way she walked away from me was sexy. I couldn't tear my eyes away from her. 

She made her way over to Nicole and they walked off, out of sight, towards what I suppose was the shed where the canoes Nicole was yelling about we're kept.

"She sure is beautiful, Dex." a familiar voice sounded from behind me. It wasn't just a familiar voice, it was a voice i had heard too many times. A voice i had been deprived of for so long. A voice that had so many effects on me, but now only invoked hatred. Immediately, I knew who the source was. I froze in my stance, my jaw clenched as I spun around, coming face to face with the source. I narrowed my eyes and tried desperately to keep my tone as calm as possible, but failing as I spat out my next few words.

"What are you doing here, Monica?"