Status: slow updates. but i promise I'm workin. i love you guys.

My Baby, My Darling.

It'll Cost You.

“I need your help with something,” I nudged his arm, causing him to spill his beer and choke a little. He put his beer on the table and sent me a confused look as he wiped his mouth.

“What? No. It depends, what is it?”

I rolled my eyes, “Kiss me.”

He laughed, “Are you joking? This is some sort of trick.”

“No trick, just do it.” I said, looking over my shoulder and watching as Brian narrowed his eyes at how close I was standing to Dexter.

He eyed me warily, “Why do you need me to- ?”

“Look, I know you find me attractive. I know this because right when I walked through those doors earlier, you all but fucked me with your eyes. Now I am giving you an opportunity to kiss me and make my ex-boyfriend jealous and your window is closing. You have five se-“

I didn’t have the option to finish my sentence because before I knew it he grabbed me by the hips and pulled me against him, immediately crashing his lips onto mine. After the shock of his actions wore off, I found my lips moving along with his. I was surprised when he shoved his tongue past my lips and I gasped, moving to push against his chest, but he grabbed my wrist before I could even flinch. I moaned into the kiss, not so much from the pleasure but more because I was trying to get him to let go of me. I slammed my heel down onto his foot and he cursed in pain, biting down on my lip in the process. His arms immediately released me and I stumbled backward.

“What the fuck was that?” I hissed, shoving him against the wall and wiping my mouth with the back of my hand.

“Shit, ow. What the fuck was what?” He said, shaking his foot.

“I told you to kiss me, not to do…whatever it is that was!”

“A kiss.” He said it like it was obvious.

“On what fucking planet?”

“Pardon me, but you didn’t give me a rule book. And is that not what you asked for?”

My hand reached up and slapped the side of his neck. “Listen, you narcissistic prick…”

“It worked, in case you’re wondering.”

“What?” I snapped, raising my eyebrows.

“Your ex. He stormed off. At least, I think that was him. He stormed off when he saw us and he looked pretty pissed.” He gestured past me and I followed his gaze to the blonde girl sitting on the kitchen counter taking pictures of her self with her cell phone, no Brian in sight.

“So, job well done, right?” He said, looking down at his foot.

I pushed strands of hair out of my face and let out a heavy sigh as I looked around at the group of girls on the other side of the dining table. They were whispering among themselves and I watched as their gaze traveled between me and Dexter. I scoffed and turned my attention back to an irritated Dexter.

“Is your foot okay?” My voice was sincere, a huge contrast to my biting tone present only moments ago. I had to admit, he was really good at making people jealous. You could say he really knew how to push people’s buttons.

He looked up at me and shrugged, “I’ve been through worse. But, I haven’t been slapped in the neck since like the eighth grade when people thought it was funny to inflict excruciating pain.”

I smiled, “Sometimes girls forget how much more damage a slap to the neck can cause rather than a slap to the face.”

He laughed and reached up to rub the back of his neck. He had a nice laugh. Maybe this guy wasn’t so bad. “I’m still waiting for that thank you.”

“Thank you,” I said, grinning up at him. “You did a really good job at making him jealous. I owe you one.”

“No, I meant a thank you for the mind-blowing kiss I just planted on you.” He smirked, picking up his beer from the dining room table. And there goes the respect he was earning from me.

My eyes narrowed to slits and I let out a sarcastic laugh. What an arrogant son of a bitch. I clucked my tongue and spun on my heel to walk away from him. “See you around, asshole.”

“I’m looking forward to our date, Chelsea.” He called. I glanced over my shoulder with a confused expression. He sent me a wide grin and shouted, “Remember, you owe me one.” He raised his beer to me as if to ‘cheers’ to his impeccable ability to be a dick.

“No chance in hell is that happening,” I muttered angrily as I walked away, leaving him behind and imagining a swift slap to the face to get rid of that arrogant smirk on his face.

---

“Come on! We’re almost there. Pick up the pace!” Gabe yelled from in front of me and breathed heavily from the exertion of running backwards.

I heaved, “Gabe, I’m going to kill you if you keep taunting me. Shut the fuck up.” I coughed and attempted to run faster to meet his pace.

“You’d have to catch me first, Chels. Clearly, that isn’t going to happen anytime soon.” He laughed and spun back around in one swift motion, continuing his upward trek. I silently contemplated whether I should stop to take off my shoe and throw it at his condescending head. However, that would require more exertion and exercise on my part. I continued to breathe heavily and slowly started my trek up the inclined pathway of the park.

This was an agreement between Gabe and I. He forced me to go running with him every Saturday because he basically got fed up with me complaining about how unfit I am. And if anyone were to know how much junk I eat on a regular basis, Gabe would know considering he’s always at my house to steal food from my pantry. Gabe’s a clean eater and exercises daily, which is the reason why he’s always trying to push his health freak habits onto me. Most people wouldn’t consider him to be this way because of his partying habits. He used to play football for our high school until he graduated four years ago. He loved the sport, but never really pictured a career for it because he wasn’t to the specified height and weight. When he graduated, he decided to pursue his other love which is exercise. He’s a personal trainer…in training. He’s still studying for his title at the community college because his grades and study habits pretty much suck ass.

When I finally reached the peak of the hill, I spotted Gabe sitting on a nearby bench, reading the newspaper with his right ankle resting on his knee as if he were waiting for an eternity and had enough leisure time to finish half of the Saturday newspaper.

He looked up from the paper quizzically at me and made a move to check his watch. “Huh, record time.” He grinned up at me and made a huge scene of folding the paper neatly and placing it back on the bench. Gabe then stood up slowly and reached into his pockets for his car keys.

“L-O-L, asshole,” I smiled sarcastically as I attempted to even my breathing. I made a move to punch him, but he successfully dodged my weak attempt and continued his trek toward the car.

His head fell back in laughter and as he approached his car, parallel parked along the sidewalk. A family was picnicking nearby and children were playing Frisbee with their dog. It really looked like a scene from a movie in the 11 AM sun. I nonchalantly followed behind him, taking huge gulps of my water bottle.

As I stepped into the passenger seat of his Volvo, Gabe had already started blaring his hardcore rap. I winced and reached over to lower the volume. “Geez, Junior. What are you, raving?”

He looked at me with a confused expression. “It wasn’t even that loud.”

I scoffed, “It was as loud at the music at that party last night.” I rolled my eyes, looking out the window and recalled the events of last night, the one that led me to that arrogant prick.

“Dude, but seriously. That party was hyped. Did you see all the hot babes? Whew. I’m getting a hard on just thinking about them.” He grinned, staring out onto the road, no doubt reminiscing about the brunette he spent the whole car ride home obsessing over.

I gagged a little, “Gabe, stop it. That’s sick. Save this topic for Travis, man. I can’t hear this without throwing up a little in my mouth.”

He looked at me as if suddenly realizing my existence, “Whatever. I seem to remember a certain someone getting quite comfortable with the host.” He teased, shoving me lightly with his right arm, keeping the other on the steering wheel.

I swatted his hand away, “Are you kidding me? That guy was such an ass. I can’t believe you’re even friends with that bastard.” I scowled as an image of Dexter popped into my mind. My disgust was soon overpowered by the image of his grey eyes and the smoothness of his thin lips. I remembered the way his cold fingers brushed against my cheek and tucked hair behind my ear, cupping my face in the process. Stop it. What is wrong with me?

My body jerked forward as Gabe slammed on his breaks, causing me to snap back to reality. My eyes focused on a huge SUV that was nearly two inches away from the front of Gabe’s Volvo.

“This asshole! Hey, buddy! I have the fucking right of way, what do you think you’re doing, you fucker?” He yelled and I watched him give Gabe the finger before yelling back a few absurdities of his own. Gabe scowled as the man drove off and then sped through the intersection.

He shook his head and turned to look at me, irritation still in his eyes. “He isn’t the worst of my friends though. Remember Evan Romero. Now that was an asshole.” He laughed and I raised my eyebrows, surprised by his sudden shift in mood. Leave it to Gabe to be entirely pissed one moment and joking lightheartedly the next.

The memory of Evan Romero flashed into my thoughts. “Oh my god. Yes, that guy was by far the worst. Does he still have that stupid ass license plate?”

He nodded knowingly, “Yeah, the one that says ‘swole gang’?”

“What a tool.” I laughed, shaking my head.

Gabe made a sharp right turn. “Dexter isn’t really that bad though. I think he’s actually the chillest out of all my friends, besides Travis. No one gets more chill than Travis.” He laughed.

It was true. Travis was by far the nicest of Gabe’s friends. However, I’ve never actually seen him as anything other than nice. Maybe he was a different person around Gabe and the guys.

“He texted me this morning though. About you…” He furrowed his eyebrows and sent me a questioning look.

I sent him a quick glance before staring back out my window. “Who, Travis?”

He shook his head slowly. “Dexter.” He looked over at me as if asking for a reply that would explain why his friend would be texting him about me. “Something about a date you promised him?”

I rolled my eyes. “Yeah, there’s no way in hell that’s happening.”

He let out a heavy sigh and changed lanes. “You know, Chels. He’s not a bad guy. I know it’s weird that I’m telling you this, because I’m your cousin and all and not your pimp. You need to get past your asshole of an ex, and Dexter is a pretty good start.”

I know that Gabe felt bad. He was the one that introduced Brian and I at a party a few months back. I know he didn’t expect anything from it. If anything, he was just hoping Brian would get me a drink and leave me alone. There is no way he would’ve known that Brian would cheat on me. But he knows how bad my luck is with guys. And I know how bad my luck is with guys. That’s why I never really get invested in my relationships anymore. Last night was more for my pride than to make Brian jealous. I could care less how he felt. And to be honest, I never really cared how he felt. He was just someone to pass time with. I think Gabe knew that, and he was concerned that I had been hurt so many times that I was starting to lose all emotion.

He looked at me with a sincere facial expression and then his face lightened into a grin. “Plus, if you don’t date someone soon, you’ll really be a cat lady.”

I laughed loudly. Gabe could never say something sincere without a witty joke or a sly comment following right behind it. I sighed, “Yeah, I guess I’ll give it a shot. One date couldn’t hurt too badly. But only because I don’t want you calling me a cat lady for the next few months.”

I mean, if he came from such high recommendations from Gabe, the asshole really couldn’t be all that bad. Many of Gabe’s friends have tried taking me out on dates before, i.e. Evan Romero. Gabe didn’t really approve of any of them. And if Gabe could approve of this one, how bad could he be?

He grinned widely as he pulled up into my driveway, “Good, because he’s picking you up tonight at 8.” What the fuck. I am going to kill him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Leave me something. Please? i'll love you forever.