Status: There will be 3 chapters, with 3 diary entries in each chapter.

Whitenoise Radio

Act II

Dear Diary, August 21, 1995
I'm really sorry I didn't write anything down last night. I'm starting to get a little worried. Some good news, though: I talked to Daddy. He said that the figure I saw was him. He came in my room a few minutes earlier to turn the radio off, but he must've just turned it to a channel that didn't get good reception. He was walking out and when I got up he must not've heard me get out of my bed. Mommy and Daddy both looked really scared when they were telling me the story, but I don't know why. I mean, I know they wouldn't lie to me. I believe my parents because I love them ^_^
Even so... I've been a little depressed lately. I don't know what it is getting me down. But I'll just listen to my new CDs that I got and the music will bring me up out of this. Whenever I get depressed, I have this thing I do. I'll think about all the good things that have happened to me. I'll thank God for my parents, for my friends at school, the house that I live in, the food that I eat... All the positive in my life. It's working, but barely.
And for some odd reason, the static on my radio stays. It's like it'll play music until I fall asleep, and it'll be static when I wake up. I need to tell Daddy tomorrow to stop messing with it, it's starting to freak me out a litle bit.
But diary, I hate to sound rude, but I have a busting headache and I need to lie down. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Goodnight! ^-^
~Celeste Grande

Dear Diary, August 22, 1995
I feel horrible today, Diary. Last night was awful. After I wrote my last entry I went downstairs and told Daddy not to come into my room anymore and turn my radio onto that channel with the static, it's really messing with me. I've had horrible nightmares. I didn't tell him what they were, but I told him it was giving me nightmares and headaches and it's making me depressed. He says he hasn't been in my room since the first night. He was confused. He told me to sleep in the living room last night, so I did...
Well, sleeping in the living room was worse, and I had another nightmare. This one was worse than the last. I'll try to write it all down... Sorry if my description sucks, I've forgotten parts of it.
So, what happened in my dream was I was wandering around in my old middle school. I don't know how I got there, or why I was there. I was all alone. I was thrown in the dark with nothing on me except a flashlight. I was naked in the dream, except for a skimpy see-through nightgown. In either case, I felt naked.
So, I was wandering around and I kept finding these notes scattered around. I would find one that says "Go to this place," then one that says "Go to THIS place," and so on. I collected all the notes and it led me to this place down under the school. A final note simply said "Your initiation is about to begin." I was confused for a second and wondered, what's going on?
So I stand there and all my friends come at me. They're torturing me. They hit me and scream at me. They say "How does it feel? Little Miss Princess, everything goes good, how does it feel to have something horrible happen? What does pain feel like to someone so perfect?" My parents sit back watching like this is some sick reality show. My best friends are slitting my wrists and burning me. Sticking hot wax on my back and melting my skin.
I'm screaming out for someone to help me but my parents are enjoying this so much. They're laughing at me, at my pain. "Perfect Little Princess, how does the pain feel? Little Virgin Princess, how can you be sure this isn't real?"
The boy of my dreams.... He saw me. I love him. I called out for him to save me. He got into this with them. He ripped off my nightgown and... I don't wanna say it. You can assume it.
I forced myself awake and looked to my side. I saw the radio plugged up in the corner of the room. It was static again. I saw the figure leave out the window. My head was hurting so bad at this point. I tried to walk over and unplug it and stumbled. I don't even know how it got in there. I unplugged it and I've been up since. I feel awful.
I haven't slept but a few hours. I'm gonna tell my parents about my nightmares and see if I can stay with them tonight. I'm seriously getting worried at this point. Is this something EVERY teen goes through?
~Celeste Grande

Dear Diary, August 23, 1995
I don't know what's going on. I told my parents what was going on and they were understandably terrified. They threw the old radio out after I told them. I finished resting in their room and they stayed awake to make sure nothing happened. I didn't dream at all after that. I'm still depressed though.
The weird thing is... I've been thinking a lot about that nightmare I told you about last night since it happened. I was curious... I mean, I never really HAVE hurt that much before. I wanted to try it in real life. I wanted to see if the pain was as bad as I thought it was.
A few hours ago I went into the kitchen and grabbed a knife. I made sure no one was around. I slit my thigh open. I don't know what possessed me to do this. I carved the words "Pain Is Real" into my right thigh. Do I know why? No. Will I know? Nope. I'm not going to tell anyone except you, Diary.
Another thing... I've been thinking about my friends lately. Are they *really* my friends? I know it was just a dream, but... Still. I wouldn't put it past them to do something like that. They're going to hurt me. The dream was a sign! It was a sign to not trust anyone! Even my parents.... Who needs them anyways?
...Ya know what, Diary? I'm gonna sleep alone tonight. Who cares what happens?
~Celeste