Sequel: Gotta Be You
Status: work in progress(:

Moments

Total Handful

"Jade! Thank goodness you're back. I don't know how you deal with these boys!" Lottie says running to Louis and Jade as they enter the house.

"Oh Lottie, it's not as bad as it seems." Jade says chuckling hugging her back.

"That's cause you're only on week one." Fizz mumbles from her seat. Jade laughs and sits across from Lottie at the table where everyone was waiting for them. Louis in between Lottie and Fizz and Harry grabs the chair next to Jade coming back from the restroom.

"They are a total handful." Lottie mumbles upset.

"So why are you annoyed with us again?" Harry asks looking up at Lottie.

"You stole my phone after I told you I was waiting on a call." Lottie complains making Johannah roll her eyes at her child.

"Right, a call from who?" Louis says chuckling at the thought of his sister begging for her phone back.

"Tom of course. I've been waiting all week. If you miss a call from him, that's it. You don't get another chance." Lottie says stabbing her chicken.

"I take it you missed the call." Fizz says giggling which only makes Lottie shoot her a death stare.

"Yes. Harry here took the phone to the bathroom and I heard it going off. It was him wasn't it?" Lottie demanded which made Harry shrug before pulling the phone out of his pocket. Jade took it from him hitting his arm and glancing at the missed call.

"It was him." Jade says handing it over to Lottie who stared at it with sad eyes.

"Just call him back." Fizz says and Niall nods in agreement.

"Oh hush Fizz, you're only ten. You don't even know anything about relationships." Lottie snaps clearly upset.

"And you do? You're only in middle school." Johannah says scolding her eldest daughter.

"Everyone dates in middle school. I'm 13 and the only one who hasn't had a boyfriend." Lottie says stabbing her food yet again.

"Boys are just trouble anyways." Zayn says making Jade chuckle at the thought. They were all so brotherly towards her it was cute.

"What kind of guy only lets you have one chance through one phone call anyways?" Niall asks shaking his head.

"The kind that is really cute and insanely popular. The kind I want to be with." Lottie answers making Louis cover his ears and make noises trying to ignore his sister talking about dating.

"Sounds like a player to me." Liam says over the racket. Fizz sighs and hits Louis in the head telling him to shut it.

"You say that because you are a guy. You guys don't understand. It's only natural for me to date this young. Half the girls in my school are already in love, I bet Jade dated tons when she was my age. All those American boys. Didn't you Jade?" Lottie says and Jade finds herself on the spot. Lottie was always like this when Jade was around. She looked up to her and if Jade did something she thought it was perfectly okay. Jade quickly learned to watch her actions around Lottie when she lived here. It was like she had a shadow. For Lottie, it was like having an older sister to look up to. She really loved Jade and wanted to be just like her.

"Actually, no so much. I never dated in middle school." Jade say slowly making Lottie stare at her wide eyed. Louis on the other hand had suddenly become focused on his food. He wasn't real sure if he wanted to hear about Jade's love life.

"Never? But how? Why? Everyone does." Lottie questions as if her life depended on it.

"I was never real interested. I figured, I have my whole life to date why bother with it now when I'm to young to actually go anywhere. Plus all those girls who say they are in love don't know anything about it and normally break up with the guy the next day." Jade says shrugging making Lottie ponder the shortness of most relationships at her age.

"So when did you date?" Fizz asks being nosy and Jade chuckles.

"I actually only dated this one guy who was a brother of my friend. Bad mistake now that I think about it." Jade says looking back at her life.

"I bet he wasn't popular. That was the issue right? Tom is massively popular." Lottie says moving back to the boy she was adoring.

"Actually, he was captain of the football team and a year older than me. Insanely popular. But you come to find that the majority of the time, insanely popular translates into total douche bag." Jade says making Harry laugh at the thought.

"I can't believe you've only dated one guy." Lottie says and Jade nods unsure what to say.

"Dating isn't a big deal Lottie. Don't stress about it. Just have fun and live your life. There's plenty of time to date when you get older." Jade says and Louis nods in agreement.

"Like when you're 50 and I'm dead." Louis says making everyone laugh.

"Whatever Louis. I guess you're right Jade. I do have my whole life to date." Lottie mumbles quietly making Louis grin in joy.

The rest of the lunch was spent chatting and joking around. Johannah had Louis and Lottie clean the table up and Jade offered to help stacking up dishes and walking in as Louis filled the sink with water to do the dishes real quickly before they had to leave. Lottie started washing and Louis was drying. Jade set the plates in the sink smiling at both of them before grabbing dry dishes from Louis and putting them up. Johannah entered the kitchen and smiled brightly at the sight. Jade had always just fit into the family and Johannah loved having her around. The girls loved her so much and she could tell from the way Louis smiled that he was back to his old self. Johannah would never say this to her happy son but he always looked happiest when Jade was in his life. Whatever happened between the two of them on their last visit tore him apart, he was thrilled to be living his dream and Johannah knew how happy he was but it was never the same as it had been. This was a different kind of happiness.

"Louis, Jade! Paul is demanding we get on the bus. We have to get to the show." Liam shouts from the other room and they both quickly grab their things.

"I love you Mum. Take care girls. Lottie, no boys. Fizz, no more sugar. Daisy and Phoebe, just behave." Louis says hugging each of them tightly after the rest of the boys. Jade smiles at the comment and hugs each of them tightly.

"Thanks for everything." Jade says squeezing Johannah smiling.

"Keep in touch Jade!" Lottie says and Fizz nods hugging her tightly. Daisy and Phoebe both plant a kiss on her cheek and the boys and her all leave the house.

Jade watches out the window of the bus as they head to the small arena. Everything was so familiar to her that it surprised her. They still had an hour before the show but the boys had make-up and sound check and a small meeting with some fans that got backstage passes. Jade decided to stay in the back for this concert stretching out on the couch. She could hear the boys singing from the room and she smiled as she picked out each of their voices. She honestly felt more exhausted than she had in years so while the boys played she let herself sleep. What a mistake that was.

"She'll wake up." Louis whispered as Harry stood over Jade with a pen. He just figured that a few small tattoos would please her.

"She's out cold." Harry whispers looking to the door to see if Niall was coming down the hall. Liam and Zayn were both sitting in the corner shaking their heads.

"She's a light sleeper." Louis says as Harry touched the pen lightly to Jade's wrist only to have her snap her eyes open and grab Harry's hand.

"Nice try." Jade mumbles pushing Harry off the side of the couch. Niall then enters the room and looks around confused as Jade glares at him.

"Niall, if you're going to be my partner don't leave me alone with them." Jade teases and Niall nods suddenly scared.

"Sorry Jade. But they had food!" Niall says showing his plate and making them all laugh.

"Don't worry. We'll get you." Harry says quietly and Jade just rolls her eyes. They all load into the bus feeling overly awake and excited. Even Jade was more hyper than normal, she guessed the boys were rubbing off on her.

"Jade, breathe." Liam says as Jade laughs at something Louis had said. They were headed to some show on the other side of Britain before they flew out to France where another bus would be waiting for them.

"I think we need to go to bed." Harry says who was also dying of laughter.

"You're right, Louis might be funny but when is he ever this funny for us." Jade says making Louis give them an offended face which just set them off once again. Niall grabs Jade's hand and pulls her away from the two of them and walks her to the beds. Zayn was already in bed as was Liam.

"Hey Niall, let's have a pillow fight." Jade says with a twinkle in her eye. Niall nods and they both grab their pillow quickly and hit each other only to have water splash everywhere. It actually splashed all over Liam who was above them.

"What the hell?" Jade says giggling at Liam who had sat straight up from the water splashing on him. Niall opened his pillow case and looked inside to see busted water balloons.

"Water balloons in a pillow case." Zayn says from his spot across from Liam chuckling.

"Classic." Harry says coming into view with Louis. They were both dying of laughter at the sight of Jade and Niall who were drenched.

"I'm just glad it didn't get in our beds." Niall says and Jade nods in agreement chuckling at the sight of him.

"This prank war is killing me." Liam mumbles jumping down to go change his clothes quickly so he can go back to sleep.

"Always time to join!" Jade says as a goodnight to him. Louis and Harry were still in hysterics as Niall went to go change his clothes.

"You know, this just means I get my turn now." Jade says quietly making them shrug unworried.

"Whatever Jadey. You look like a wet rat." Louis says sending him and Harry in chuckles once more. Jade narrows her eye at them and then starts running. They both didn't see her until she had them tackled on the ground.

"What the hell?" Harry says making Jade laugh as she rolled off of the two of them.

"Sorry, I didn't like the wet rat comment." Jade says standing up and giving a hand to the two of them. Louis and Harry both looked down at their shirts which were both wet and sighed loudly.

"You are just a handful." Harry comment glancing at Jade who scowls and turns around walking to the bathroom that Niall just walked out of.

"Total handful." Louis says chuckling along with Harry as they watched her walk away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, thanks for all the comments! Keep 'em coming and let me know what ya think(: I love it! Thanks again. Ya'll are the best. xxx