Sequel: Gotta Be You
Status: work in progress(:

Moments

A Broken Girl

"Jadey, come on!" Lottie says as her mother told them they were leaving. She just expected Jade to come with her. Jade paused and looked at Louis and then slowly to Johannah.

"Jade is staying with Louis." Johannah tells her daughter slowly. Jade glanced back at Louis and felt tears come to her eyes. He actually was going to do this.

"Wait what?" Harry says slowly standing up from the couch. The rest of the guys turned to face them and Louis bit his lip before turning to them.

"Well, seeing as Mark can't take care of Jade I was the next left in charge of her, legally. So she's going to be with me until she can be out on her own." Louis says slowly. Jade chews on the inside of her cheek until she saw each of the guys' faces turn from confusion to happiness.

"So she's staying with us?" Harry says glancing at Jade. Louis sighs and nods and Harry runs straight at Jade picking her up in his arms.

"This is so exciting!" Niall says taking Jade in next. Liam and Zayn both tackle her in hugs before Johannah pulls her away from the boys.

"Jadey, you know you're more than welcome to come see me anytime this gets to be too much. I know technically you have to stay with Louis but you've taken vacations away from your parents before so you can take a vacation away from him." Johannah says while Lottie nods heavily beside her. Jade smiles warmly at the two of them and hugs them tightly as they head off to ride back home.

"So Jade, why don't you tell us about yourself? I mean of course we know who you are from Louis and whatnot but we'd love to get to know you." Niall says pulling Jade back on the couch.

"Niall, don't you think she should just rest? I'm sure she's tired. And she'll have to unpack." Louis says slowly glancing at Jade.

"Oh, no. It's fine. I can wait. I'd like to get to know you all a bit more." Jade says giving them a small smile. Louis sighed yet again and sat in a chair across the room from Jade. Harry sat next to her with his arm around her yet again and Niall sat on the floor across from her while Zayn and Liam both grabbed a chair close to the couch she was sitting on.

"So Jade, tell us about yourself." Liam says and Jade glances to Louis worriedly.

"Why don't you ask her questions? She can't just give you information off the top of her head." Louis says quickly seeing the worry in her face. Harry laughs and pulls Jade in a hug whispering in her to relax.

"What's your favorite food?" Niall asks quickly jumping in with his question. Jade smiles shaking her head at him.

"I guess cake. I'm a sucker for a good cake." Jade says squinting her face up to think. She'd done that ever since she was a child. Louis smiled at the memory and took a deep breath convincing himself this was all going to work out.

"Let's get to the good stuff. In a relationship?" Zayn asks laughing as Nial who shot him a look.

"Well, if I was it wouldn't matter now. I'm in England and the only guys I would have a relationship are across the ocean." Jade says rolling her eyes at him.

"Pond, love. Over here we say across the pond." Harry corrects and Jade just stuck her tongue out at him. Louis gasped at how innocent she looked. She had already been through so much and yet she was still that innocent girl he grew up with.

"Anyways, alright let's see. What's your favorite song out of ours?" Liam asks curiously.

"Moments." Jade says quickly without even thinking. Louis glanced at her with a confused expression. Jade refused to meet his eyes. Until a couple nights ago if you had asked her what her favorite One Direction song was it would've been Torn or Tell Me a Lie. Her mother's favorite was Moments, not that any of them knew that.

"Why Moments? I mean don't get me wrong, I love that song but I just pictured you for a more Up All Night kind of girl." Liam says laughing at the thought. Jade smiled and wasn't sure how to answer that.

"I love the majority of your songs, the ones I've heard. I just have an extreme liking towards Moments." Jade says trying to move on.

"Hey! No fair, Liam got two questions." Niall says hitting his leg. Liam flicked Niall's forehead and Jade just smiled at them unsure what to say.

"My turn. Who's your favorite band member?" Harry asks turning Jade to face him.

"That's not fair to any of you really. I think you already know the answer." Jade says looking at him like he was insane. Of course it was Louis. He was the only one she knew. The only one she really knew anyways.

"I knew it was me." Harry says winking at her and Jade just rolls her eyes.

"I think Louis has you beat." Jade says crossing her arms definitely. Harry grabbed his chest and pretended his heart was breaking. Harry rolled off the couch and into Niall on the floor in his acting.

"Louis's turn! Ask your question." Niall says pushing Harry off of him.

"I don't need a question. I already know everything about her." Louis says rolling his eyes. Jade glances at him and suddenly feels herself get angry. Louis dropped off the face of the earth for over a year. He didn't technically know everything. He missed a lot during those years.

"Right, because you're all knowing Tomlinson. You can just drop out of my life and still know everything. You know what, I'm ready to go to bed tonight. Can you just show me my room?" Jade says jumping up from the couch and heading to the hallway where she supposed the rooms were. Harry glanced at Louis who was just sitting dumbstruck in his chair. He was hurt that much was clear. He knew she was right but he kind of thought they could put that past them.

"I'll show her the extra room." Harry says slowly getting up. Jade glances at Harry and nods as he leads her down a hallway. The moving van was coming tomorrow to give her the rest of the stuff she needed to live with and wanted. While the other was going to a storage center in Doncaster. Jade had her one suitcase that Lottie had already placed in this room for her. She told Harry goodnight and quickly changed before crawling right into bed.

"I think we'll head across the hall to our flat now." Zayn says quietly and Liam nods picking up Niall from the floor.

"Can we go tell Jade goodnight?" Niall asks and Louis just shrugged walking off to his room. The boys heard the door slam behind him. Niall winced and Harry just sighed loudly.

"Jade?" Liam says knocking slowly on the door.

"What?" Jade snaps thinking it was Louis.

"We just wanted to say goodnight." Zayn says slowly unsure what to do.

"Sorry, I just..I'm not having the best week." Jade says forcing a smile on her face. Niall jumps on her bed making her bounce a bit and took her straight into his arms.

"Jade, we're really glad to have you with us. From what we've heard, you're amazing." Liam says sitting next to them and Zayn nods from the end of the bed. Jade smiles at them once again and gives each a hug goodnight. She shut and cut her lights off before covering herself in her blankets. She shouldn't of snapped at Louis like that. She knew that much. He was just helping her. But she hadn't felt so angry in her life before. She had so much anger she didn't know what to do with it all. And she was tired of pretending she was okay. She wasn't. Jade sighed loudly and let the tears fall down her face once again. By the time she stopped crying, Jade realized it was really late in the night and yet she was wide awake and starving. Jade opened her door and heard some rustling in the kitchen area.

"Louis?" Jade whispers walking that way. Harry who was standing in nothing but his knickers digging through the fridge jumped and swore loudly.

"Sorry, I just heard something and I couldn't sleep. And I thought it was Louis." Jade says in a hushed tone refusing to face him.

"Jadey bear, you have to look at me. I walk around in my knickers all the time, just get used to it." Harry says and Jade glances at him.

"Jadey bear?" She snickered and Harry just shrugged.

"Ice cream?" Harry says and Jade nodded eagerly. Harry fixed her a large bowl before sitting down next to her on the couch in the living room.

"Louis was kind of hurt tonight." Harry says quietly after a few minutes of silence.

"I didn't mean to hurt him." Jade says but Harry didn't buy it. He just looked at her and waited for her to go on.

"Actually, part of me wanted to. I know that sounds horrible and it is but he did drop me after the two of you visited. And I called him that night. I hung up because I got scared but he knew it was me. He heard me, I know he did. He never called me back, Harry. I lost both my parents and the only thing I needed from him was to hear him. For him to make some joke to make laugh. For him to just ask me if things were okay. I had to wait two days and went through packing and lawyers and hospitals and funeral planning before I heard him. And you were the one at the airport. I like you and all but it should of been Louis. Louis used to be my best friend Harry, all I need is for him to be that again but I'm so mad at everything and at him and at the world that I don't know if we can even get back to that. And it scares me. So yeah, Louis was hurt. I saw that but you know what Harry, life sucks and people get hurt." Jade says in a rush and she felt the tears fall down her face. She put her ice cream on the coffee table and rushed away from him praying for him not to follow.

Jade knew she shouldn't of said all that but she wasn't about to let Harry make her feel more crappy over Louis. She doubted that what he meant by saying that but she just couldn't handle it anymore. She was angry and hurt and she didn't know how to handle it all.

Harry had watched Jade storm off shocked. He sat there for a moment before slamming down his bowl next to her and jumping up. He walked straight to Louis's room and barged in.

"Get up." Harry says pulling the covers off his friend.

"What the hell Harry?" Louis says jumping up scared.

"There is a broken girl in the other room in there who is crying her heart out. As much as I would love to help her I can't. Lou, she needs you. So go in there and help her. And don't you dare tell her I sent you." Harry fusses as Louis just stares at him.

"Harry, what happened?" Louis asks trying to figure out what set his friend off like this.

"Louis, go." Harry snaps pointing towards the door. Louis slowly stood up and walked to the door only to have Harry sigh loudly and grab his arm pulling him down the hall. They reached Jade's door and Louis could hear her sobs through the door. Louis's heart broke a little bit for her. He nodded at Harry not knowing how to thank him for getting him up. Harry nodded back and Louis tapped on the door.

"Go away Harry." Jade yelled through her tears. Louis sighed and pushed the door open walking straight over to her bed.

"I'm not Harry, love." Louis says pulling the covers back and sliding into her bed.

"Louis, what are you doing here?" Jade says slowly sitting up to face him.

"I got up and heard you. I figured you needed some company." Louis says and Jade just stared at him through her tearful eyes.

"I'm sorry I snapped at you earlier." Jade whispers after a few moments of silence.

"Don't be. I deserved it. I'm sorry I never called you." Louis says and Jade lets her tears fall some more. Louis pulled her closer to him and she let him hold her as she cried her eyes out. Neither of them was sure if he was sorry for not calling her back the other night or at all but at that moment it didn't really matter. Jade felt his love as he held her tightly as they both mourned for everything that had happened. For Jade, that was all that mattered for the time being.

Harry was sitting outside the door holding a pillow. He heard his best friend and Jade both sobbing their eyes out. He wanted so much to go and sit with both of them. He wanted to help them. He just didn't know how. He knew they both needed this. So Harry just leaned against the wall and listened to them cry letting a few tears of his own fall.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it! Again, please don't be a silent reader! I really like to know how people like it so comment!(: