Sequel: Gotta Be You
Status: work in progress(:

Moments

Packing

"Thank you for this Harry." Jade mumbles as he finds the box with sheets in it to make up the bed. It was some ungodly hour of the night and things were starting to catch up with them both.

"We won't have a guest bed until tomorrow, so this is the only bed. You can sleep here. I'll take the couch." Harry says rubbing his neck tiredly.

"No. After all you've done, you take the bed." Jade says shaking her head and walking out of the bedroom.

"Jade, I'm not letting you sleep on the couch." Harry states stopping her and nudging her towards the bed.

"Fine. We'll both stay in here then. We've shared a bed before." Jade says and Harry glances at her wondering if she was really okay to do that right now.

"I don't have clothes." Jade says suddenly bursting into tears once again making Harry suddenly nervous himself.

"Jadey Bear, please don't cry," Harry says quickly walking over to her, "I have clothes you can wear."

"It's not about the clothes. I'm sorry. I'm just a mess." Jade mumbles taking the shirt and basket ball shorts that Harry pulls out of a box somewhere. Jade walks to the bathroom and quickly changes avoiding looking into the mirror because she didn't want to see how bad she figured she must look.
Jade leaves the bathroom to see that Harry had turned the sheets back. She heard him moving around in the other room and wonders what he could possible be up to now. She walked in avoiding boxes and trying to find him. Harry was crouched down digging into a box trying to get his mind off of things.

"Harry Bear?" Jade says touching his shoulder slightly making Harry jump.

"Jadey Bear, you scared me." Harry says chuckling at her calling him Harry Bear.

"Sorry, I just was wondering if you were coming to bed?" Jade asks and Harry starts having a much needed laugh.

"What?" Jade demands feeling a smile creep onto her face.

"Do you know how that sounds?" Harry says through his chuckles making Jade chuckle as well while throwing a hit at his arm.

"Oh shut it." Jade jokes nudging him playfully as he follows her into the bedroom.

"Well you never know with you, maybe this was all your master plan to seduce me." Harry teases making Jade smile again. That smile was worth all the lies that Harry was about to tell his friends, that smile made it worth everything.

"In your dreams Styles." Jade mumbles crawling into bed attempting to forget every event the night had held for her but she found it impossible with Harry laying next to her.

Jade stared at the wall as Harry fell into sleep. She listened to his deep breathing next to her and tried to picture how differently this night could have been. Louis could have never kissed her and she'd be upstairs in her own bed with her own things feeling on a great high from preforming a concert. She could see the guys tomorrow and the next day and every day for the rest of her life. Now she can't see them again, ever. Jade felt some tears come to her eyes and decided that she needed a distraction. Jade quietly crawled out of bed and walked into the next room that was full of empty shelves and full boxes. Jade sighs at the very thought of unpacking and packing again and how she might as well get used to it. With that thought, she slowly opened a box and started unpacking for Harry.

"You could just call him." Mom said as I cry into my bowl of cereal. Louis had just left two weeks ago and I hadn't heard from him yet. I knew it was over at that moment. I knew I wouldn't be hearing from him anytime soon.

"There's no point." I said attempting to pull myself together so she wouldn't say anything else.

"If it makes my little girl stop crying, there is a point." Mom said patting my head before quietly turning away. She didn't know what happened. No one did. I wouldn't tell her anything but she knew it had to do with Louis because I asked her to call and make some excuse just to check that he was okay.

"I'm fine." I said once again pushing my bowl away from me and wiping my eyes. Mom gives me a look but doesn't say anything else out of respect. I think she knew something, I really do. She never really told me but that next morning she started playing the 1D cd again in the mornings. She acted like everything was normal and it turned out to be exactly what I needed. I knew what was wrong with me, I found that I was confused with my feelings towards Louis and didn't know how to handle it. Mom turned that around and allowed me to push all those feelings down deep away so I could just pretend that we were nothing more than friends. So that I could pretend that I wasn't in love with him.


"Jadey Bear?" Harry's voice says waking me up from my spot on the floor. I had literally unpacked about thirty boxes before crashing on the last one I had pull towards me. I looked down to see a picture of Louis and Harry in my hands and rub my eyes glancing up at him.

"I couldn't sleep." I say my throat feeling hoarse.

"I see that. You have the whole kitchen unpacked. And most of the living room." Harry says clearly impressed.

"Well I figured that if I'm living here I might as well make it look nice." Jade says glancing around making Harry chuckle.

"Plus once my stuff comes that's just going to create a bigger mess so I figured we might as well try and get some boxes out of here." Jade says and Harry nods in agreement running a hand through his hair.

"Well, I'd love to stay and help but we had an interview today, in an hour. I'm going to text you and let you know when Louis gets there. So you know his flat will be empty, you can go pack a suitcase and then movers are supposed to be meeting you there to help with the rest of the stuff." Harry says rubbing his neck. Jade meets his eyes and nods. Harry mumbles something about showering and then leaves Jade in the middle of all the boxes.

Jade unpacks the rest of the photos from his box and sets them around the living room before standing up and walking into the kitchen to make some breakfast. It was strange for her. She was used to living with Harry, that wasn't an issue, but it was just strange for the two of them to be in a different flat, a different place. It just made her feel even worse about everything.

"I have to leave." Harry says watching her carefully like she was going to fall to pieces at any moment. Jade tried not to notice that, but she did.

"I'm good. Let me know when he's there." Jade says and Harry nods glancing at her once more before grabbing some bacon off her plate and running out the door before she could hit him. Jade lets out a chuckle and sighs loudly before finding her shoes. She knew she was in Harry's clothes but she didn't care to be honest, she just wanted to get her stuff out of Louis's flat and never look back. She knew things had to change for a while and she was ready to change them, or so she thought.

"Ms. Jade?" the doorman says as she walks into the room. She meets his eyes to see the shock of her. She refused to look in a mirror so there was no telling what she looked like. She did run a hair brush through her hair in an attempt to look better.

"I just have to get something from the flat." Jade says and he nods watching her with careful eyes.

"Mr. Louis said you might come by. He looked almost as good as you. Go on up, he left it unlocked." He says and Jade nods turning her key back and forth in her hand. He must not have known she took it with her. She didn't really want to let it go just yet.

"Jade?" a girl asks as the elevator opens and Jade finds herself face to face with Eleanor.

"Eleanor." Jade says her throat closing up slightly.

"You look terrible." Eleanor says stepping out of the elevator and taking Jade's hand. Jade pulls away and quickly steps into the elevator.

"Louis isn't up there." Eleanor says slowly and Jade meets her eyes unsure if she could even get words out.

"I just have to get something." Jade manages as the elevator doors begin to close and soon there was a wall between the two of them. Jade leaned against the wall and slid to the floor attempting not to cry. She didn't think about Eleanor being here. She didn't think Eleanor had spent the night. She didn't think that Louis wouldn't tell Eleanor what happened. Jade felt a clench in her stomach at the thought and found herself hurting all over again.

As the elevator comes to a stop Jade pulls herself off the ground and walks towards the door. It was unlocked, just like Harry said. Jade opens the door and peeks around making sure Louis really wasn't there. Jade rushes into her room cutting the radio on to the station that the boys were supposed to be on, when the interview was over Jade knew she had to be gone and with one last glance around the room she quickly began packing.

"So I heard your tour went well." The interview says and the guys chuckle amongst themselves.

"Oh yeah, it was our best one yet." Harry says and Jade feels herself smiling slightly at the thought of it. If only it was still like that, if only things hadn't became complicated. Jade lets herself tune out the talking and packs her clothes quickly when the doorbell rang. Jade knew that it had to be the movers. She quickly went and opened the door to let them in. They were very efficient workers, Jade knew that much as she watched them carefully pack her things. Jade sighs telling them to go ahead and pack the radio as she left the room and walked into the kitchen cutting Louis's radio on.

"Louis, I have to say you have been a bit off for this interview." The guy says and Louis gives a small chuckle.

"Why whatever do you mean?" Louis says and Jade notices how off he sounds.

"You're just normally always jumping around, shouting, joyful little soul and today you're quiet like you have a lot on your mind. What's got you down today mate?" the guy says sounding honestly concerned but Jade knew Louis well enough that he wouldn't say anything close to the truth.

"I'm just exhausted mate. It's been a long tour." Louis says and Liam jumps in agreeing quickly. Jade sighs and grabs a notepad knowing she had to leave him a note so he'd leave her alone and with that she left the apartment before she could change her mind.

Jade showed allowed the men to take her boxes into the room that Harry had given her and she tipped them before leaving. She wondered when Harry would be home. The only reasons he wanted to know was because she knew that if he was home, Louis was home. She wanted to know how quickly he'd call her, or if he would at all.

Louis enters his apartment praying that Jade was there. She had told Harry that she'd come back today. Maybe she was here just hiding. Maybe she was as nervous as him. He didn't know what he was going to say to her, how they were going to handle this. Louis slowly walks towards Jade's room to see that the door was open but he didn't see her posters. Louis bends his eyebrows and quickly walks into the room to see it completely empty. Louis felt his throat slowly begin to close up a little. He walks out of the room and scans the apartment for any sign of Jade. The only thing he finds is a sticky note on the counter.

Louis,

This is for the best. We can't be around each other anymore. It's not good for either of us. I'm so sorry. Please don't try to find me, or get in touch. And don't bother the guys, they don't know where I am. I really am sorry.

-Jade

PS I ran into Eleanor


Louis read over the note once more and felt tears form in his eyes. He couldn't believe she ran. She was gone and he had no clue how to get her back. Louis read over the note again and then he fell to his knees on the floor in tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well honestly, I hate this chapter. I just have been overwhelmed with crap I have to do and I just....yeah. I honestly think I didn't put enough effort into it and I was overly worked and amazing readers like you deserve better but hey, it's a chapter. It will get better and this story is kinda wrapping up guys....well sort of. There will be a sequel. Anyways, thanks for the comments. Much love. xxx

Image

Image

Image

Image