Sequel: Gotta Be You
Status: work in progress(:

Moments

Secrets

"Jade, I don't understand why this is all such a big deal. I mean I know that this is serious but it's a fight. Why can't you two just make up?" Niall says earning a glare from Danielle.

"I did something awful Niall. We both did. There's no going back." Jade says rubbing her eyes as if to get rid of the image.

"I mean, did you two like...ya know." Niall says awkwardly a blush creeping up his neck. Jade looks at him in confusion and then glances to Harry's face. Harry was trying his best not to laugh.

"Wait, do you mean...well you know. Like...sex?" Jade says making a face and then throwing the pillow next to her at his face.

"I take it that's a no." Zayn says chuckling. Jade then gives him a look realizing he was wondering the same thing.

"Do you really think we would of even had time...you know what...no. Let's just forget it. No. We're done with this. I did not sleep with him." Jade says ending the subject with a glance towards Harry's face that was crunched up in attempt not to laugh.

"Well, if it isn't that, then what?" Danielle says pushing for more. Jade sighs biting the inside of her cheek. She hated keeping secrets from them, especially since they were all putting their necks on the line for her.

"I...well I..this is really hard." Jade says stumbling over all her words.

"Jade, what is the big deal!? I just don't get it. Did you confess your love to each other or kiss or something extreme because it almost has to be something like that but then something went wrong so I don't get it." Danielle says clearly annoyed. Liam pats her leg to get her to calm down but Harry glances at Jade in shock that Danielle guessed it and Danielle was sure to catch that.

"I got it right. Something I said was right." Danielle says excitedly and the guys all exchange looks.

"He kissed you didn't he?!" Zayn says jumping to his feet as Jade's face turns pale.

"That's it." Niall says pulling Zayn back on the couch.

"Guys, breathe." Harry says in attempt to get them to stop pestering Jade. Jade knew he was trying to protect her again and this time she found her self very appreciative of it. She wasn't sure how to respond to any of this. This was just too much.

"You knew didn't you? Jade, how could you tell Harry and not me?!" Danielle screeches with a furious face.

"Dani." Liam says cautiously as Jade starts to shake from all the emotions flowing in her.

"Don't shush me Liam. Jade's my best friend and yet she kept this from me! How could you?!" Danielle says tears at the edge of her eyes. Jade felt her hands shaking and tears were in her own eyes. How could she explain? How could she tell what she felt without revealing all the secrets she's been keeping?

"TOM, I CAN'T TAKE THIS!" Mom screamed. I flinched from the top of the stairs where I sat. Mom never yelled. Ever. This was like the first time I had ever heard her even raise her voice. I couldn't believe it and at that she was yelling at Dad.

"Mary, I'm sorry." Dad said and I could hear that he wasn't. They had no idea I knew what was going on. They had no idea that I knew everything. I knew what Dad had done. I knew and everything began to fit.

"Tom, how could you? How could you do this? How could you?" Mom cried and I knew she had lost all her anger. She was beyond emotional because she hid it all the time when I was around. I wish she'd just tell me. She wouldn't of course. Dad would start staying at the office late and they'd make fake visits to grandma's grave but it was really couples therapy. I knew all of this, though I never told them. I let them believe I thought everything was fine.

"Mary, I just...I don't know. I didn't mean to. It just happened." Dad said and I just thought how horrible it sounded. How pathetic. I heard Mom make a noise and I knew she was thinking the same thing as me.

"Tom, I moved my whole life, my everything from England for this job of yours. For you. Because you promised us a better life, and yet here we stand." Mom said and I felt my stomach clench. Mom was right, we dropped everything, but I had always thought Mom wanted to move. I never realized she didn't. She was more like me than I thought, I noticed.

"I want to fix this. I do. Please, just let's try." Dad said and I heard him step closer to her but from the sounds of things Mom just moved back. I had never seen her so angry and hurt before and it kind of made me want to go and punch my own father.

"Three months Tom. Three. We fix this or I'm taking Jade and we're moving back to Doncaster." Mom said and I quickly jumped from my spot on the stairs and rushed into my room knowing that'd she'd be coming that way in moments to go to bed.

I laid in bed as I heard Mom come up and then Dad follow after a bit. Once everything was quiet, I sat up in bed and pulled out an old picture album of pictures from Doncaster. I hated looking at this because it reminded me of everything that happened between Louis and me but at that moment, I had hope that I could fix things. I could go to Doncaster and things would be fine, then I realized that I was wishing for my parents' divorce. I threw the book aside unsure how to feel about everything only to pick it up quickly and place it back in it's secret spot. The next month was a rough one because Mom was always hurt but trying to hide it and Dad was always gone. I hated it. I hated him. I was so angry at the world and I wondered how we were even going to make it through three months of this. We never even made it through the second month.


"Jade! Snap out of it!" Danielle complains and Jade glances up at Harry with worried eyes. She wasn't ready for this. She wasn't ready to reveal everything.

"She didn't tell me." Harry says and everyone's eyes went to his face.

"She didn't tell you?" Danielle says slowly and Harry nods.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you. Any of you, it was just too much." Jade mumbles and Harry finds himself grabbing her hand tightly in support.

"You know Jade, I love you. And I would do anything for you. I'm going to lie to Louis but you know, this is all a big tangled web of lies. Maybe it would be best to just..well ya know...tell the truth." Niall says awkwardly ringing his hands tightly.

"I can't Niall. I know this is hard, for all of you but I can't. These secrets aren't something that can be undone. Not anymore." Jade says quietly. Niall meets her eyes and nods before walking over to where Jade and Harry were and pulling her into a hug.

"GROUP HUG GUYS!" Niall suddenly shouts and Harry wraps their arms around them. Jade feels the rest of the guys and Danielle's arms wrap around her and she knows that even if they were all lying and she was keeping tons of secrets from them, they still loved her. And they would always care for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well guys...there's about like well let's see 3 chapters left? Whoo. Anyway, thanks for the wonderful comments and I guess I'll tell you that Louis is coming back into the story soon....I just don't know how ya'll are gunna feel bout this ending....though there is a sequel! Yayy. Much love to you all. xxx

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image