‹ Prequel: Our Last Breath
Status: Dont be a silent reader :)

Promise

One

I squirmed underneath the thin layer of fabric that hugged my whole figure. With both my fingers gripping the hem, I pulled the dress down as far as I could though unfortunately it was as its longest point. I let out a groan before fidgeting with the neckline. It was a sweetheart neckline but it showed a little too much cleavage than I would've wanted. 

A hand slapped my own ones away. "Stop it," Veronica hissed. 

I crossed my arms over my chest and humphed like a small child beginning to feel like throwing a fit. "I hate this."

She frowned at me again. 

The people around us suddenly began to rise and I realised the ceremony was starting. I stood up with them and awkwardly stood there still attempting to fix the dress so it would be at least an inch more appropriate.  Why had I let my silly best friend choose it?

My eyes travelled the length of the wedding venue and I smiled. It was quite fancy for my taste and looked strangely expensive for my eyes. The bouquets were definitely the not so cheap types of flowers, the bride's outfit was so elegant with it's chiffon lining, small ruffles and patterned beads, the groom looked a million bucks and the actual place wasn't cliche either. It was all pieced together so perfectly it felt too good to be true. 

The bride was Jennifer and she was a cousin from my mother's side. She was marrying a guy called Louis Thomson something or other. We hadn't really met either. Jenny and I were distant cousins - and I meant that in basically every way. We were never really best friends but we got along pretty well. If it weren't for us being related then I wouldn't have been invited at all. And since I didn't have an date I dragged my best friend along to be my escort. 

Whilst admiring the wedding I caught sight of wide eyes. Our gazes locked for a few seconds or so before I swept my eyes away to the side. I studied the ground imaging the groom's best man's face in my mind. His features were fragile. He had light green eyes, a fair nose and soft looking pink lips. Plus he looked absolutely handsome in that neat suit. Thought that wasn't what caught my eye. It was the big dark curly hair plopped on top of his pale head and the defined dimples that appeared when he flashed me a quick grin. 

The ceremony droned on and I was barely paying any attention to what they were saying. The only times my ears actually let in words was when they were telling the vows, slipping the wedding rings on each other's finger and the ever popular "I do". I had to admit, the two looked amazing apart but extremely breathtaking together. They were a lovely looking couple. Another thing I realised was that her husband to be was British.

All throughout it my gaze repeatedly flipped back to the guy. Once in a while he would also look my way and I couldn't help the growing infatuation for his different curly hair. It wasn't that it was completely different. I just believed that not many males could've worn the hairstyle as well as he did. And whenever he smiled at me, I began to ponder. He was either just being awfully friendly or found me interesting. I preferred the last option. 

It was only near the end of it did I fully switch my concentration to the bride and groom. It was the always anticipated "you may kiss the bride" part where the husband lifted off the veil and passionately smooched the woman. A chorus of sighs echoed through the air. 

We had finally arrived at the reception which was held at a fancy restaurant. I stepped out of my best friend's car with a low huff. This wedding was way too expensive - as I mentioned before. 

"I saw the looks you and curly shared Alicia," Veronica whispered beside me. 

I raised a brow. "You nicknamed him curly?"

She shrugged. "Most obvious thing about him." After a while she said, "Still regretting coming to the wedding?"

I chewed the bottom of my lip forcing back a little smile. "Maybe..."

Both of us walked to our allocated seats and got comfortable. The food had already been set up by the caterers and I couldn't help but stare at the meals. They all looked so delicious. Their smell wafted up my nose while my stomach agreed with my hungry eyes. Once we were allowed to begin feasting, I immediately got to work and my taste buds exploded with happiness. 

"Excuse me?" the voice startled me and I dropped my fork down onto the floor. I silently cursed to myself before bending down to grab it. The person beat me to it and, without colliding our heads against each other's, he reached for it and handed it to me. Our eyes met for the hundredth time and I couldn't help the smile that tugged on the corner of my lips. 

It was him again. 

I blushed as I stood up. "Um thanks."

He held out a hand towards me and I stared at it before realising he wanted me to take it. "Dance?" I nodded not trusting myself to bring forward the correct words without stuttering. 

A new smile came onto my lips as one of my favourite songs streamed out of the speakers. Even though I was mostly into lively songs, this sweet ballad has made it onto the top of my exceptions list. The other guests began to follow the boy and I out onto the the middle of the room where the dance floor was set up. 

He led me right in front of the stage and placed warm hands on my waist. His light grey green eyes stared downwards and I shifted my feet feeling conscious as I thought he was staring at my chest but I soon found out he was attracted to either the floor or our shoes. He eventually looked up back at me and flashed me those sweet dimples, I've grown fond, of once again. 

As the chorus played, he swayed us left to right occasionally switching to the other foot and gently moving around the floor. We hadn't knocked into any of the other people so I took that as a good sign. I closed my eyes and sucked in the soothing sound of the song and hummed along to it all while still trying to keep the right placing of my feet. 

There was something about the way he softly cradled my waist as if he knew how I liked to be held. I opened my eyes and burnt my stare into his, sensing some familiarity. I opened my mouth to say something but I was interrupted by him.

"How have things been Alicia?" he murmured stepping closer towards my body.

As strange as it seemed, I didn't fall back away from the sudden movement. I was only surprised by how he knew my name and how he said it. The tone leaked from the sentence and I swooned at his British accent. His voice - it was calming in a way. 

The song slowly ended while chatter filled the silent room. It was a while until another ballad slipped its way and surrounded us, over throwing the many conversations being shared. 

"H-How do you know my name?"

It felt like an entire lifetime had passed before the answer escaped his lush lips. The light eyes turned a shade darker and a different emotion fluttered across his face. "Of course you don't remember me," he whispered. "It's me Harry."

I gulped as the familiar name whizzed around my mind. "Harry," I whispered back mindlessly. Wrapping my arms around his neck, I pulled him closer to me and closed the gap in between us. "I'm sorry."

He rested his soft head against mine and murmured words that I couldn't comprehend. I was merely busy dealing with memories from my past trying to get by me. No wonder I felt a sudden attraction towards him. It was him, all along, it was him. Years ago, before the band resigned and before he even entered X Factor, Harry and I had been terribly close. In the years of his quick growth in fame we had faded apart. We promised each other that once we meet again, we'd never let go after that. This was it. The time we fulfilled that promise. 

I hurriedly pulled away but kept my arms around him. Harry's warm eyes found mine and we knew that the same thing were on both our minds. He slipped a hand against my jaw, cradled it before connecting our lips together. My hold around his neck only tightened as his gentle lips formed a slow rhythm. I sighed into the kiss wishing to be in this position forever. 

His hand moved around my head to cup the back of my head so he could push us even closer together to reduce the non existent amount of air separating us. I smiled against his mouth as my fingers played with the ends of his curls. Even though our lips were still pasted together, the songs continued to be be played and we continued to kiss, trying to make up for all the years we have unfortunately missed. 

All too soon, we broke away from each other and taking in deep breaths to get air back into our lungs again. He gave me one of his famous cheeky smirks and stroked my arms. "I missed you," he murmured. 

"I missed you too."

The smirk only widened. "Did you know," he paused. "That you just snogged a stranger?"

I scoffed at his weird comment. "Well I guess I'll have to go now then." 

I slowly began to pull back my arm but he gripped them and placed them back to where they were before. "No. You made a promise."

"So I guess I'll have to stay with you?"  He nodded silently his dimpled still teasing me. I could've sworn he has tortured me with his sweet killer looks for centuries. "Oh and I just realised....that Louis is the groom."

Harry shook his head whilst chuckling at the stupid point I had made. "This is why I love you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Probably one of my longest requested one shot. Opinions? :)