Status: NEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Hesitate

Flashback Pt 2.: The Saving

*Flash back to 2003*

He stood on the balcony railing with the bottle he’d just finished drinking on the floor beside him.

“Corey?!” She called into his room. That voicemail she’d received earlier was terrifying. Not hearing a response, she began beating on the door. A cleaning lady came out of the room next door. Without thinking she flew past the lady and into the room. The balcony doors flung open and she turned to see him. “What are you doing?”

“Just let me do this. Everyone will be better off.”

She shook her head and carefully climbed on the railing of her own balcony stepping over to his. “Corey, please, come down.”

He shook his head, “I can’t.”

“Fine.” She huffed. She stepped upon the railing, steadying herself next to him.

He turned to her with eyes widened, “Get down, Ash.”

“No.” she said grabbing his hand. “If you’re going to do this, I’m doing it with you.”

“I’m not going to let you do that.”

“And I’m not going to let you.” She said crying. “Please, get down.”

He stepped off the ledge crumbling into a heap of emotion under her feet. Somewhat relieved, she hopped down and sat with him.

“I don’t know what else to do.” He sobbed burying his head in her chest.

“Shhhhh. It’s ok.” She said comforting him. After a little while, she managed to talk him into going inside. “Lay down and try to sleep.”

“You’re not leaving are you?” he whined as she got him laid down on the bed.

“Not if you don’t want me to.” She gave him a comforting smile and moved his hair out of his face. He scooted over on the bed leaving enough room for her to get in and he looked at her with those big sad blue eyes. “All right.” She said slipping her shoes off and laying down next to him.