Status: NEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Hesitate

Promise

He liked the way she was sort of biting her lip when she finished that sentence. He liked the sentence itself even more. Instinctively, he pulled her in to his chest tightly. It was almost like he never wanted to let go for fear that he would lose her.

“I love you, too, Corey.” He heard her say.

“We’re really going to do this.” He told her matter-of-factly. “It’s going to be great. I promise. And we can take this slow if you want. Just…its whatever you want to do….I just really want us to work.”

Just then he felt his phone vibrated and he groaned.

“Go ahead.” She smiled. “It’s ok.”

“It’s Shawn.” He said eyeing the text message on his phone. “He wanted to know if everything was all right with you.”

“Tell him……everything’s perfect.” She cooed as she nuzzled at his neck.

He typed his reply, hit the send button, and turned his attention back to her. He just looked at her for a minute, taking in every little distinct feature. She was his now. She was finally (and truly) his. He made a promise to himself right then that he would do everything within the realm of his power to love her, protect her, and never (under any circumstances) do anything to hurt her. He had made and broken many promises in the past but this one was different. This one was going to be kept. It had to be kept.

“Wanna go somewhere a little more comfortable than this tile floor?” he asked with a smirk. She laughed lightly and nodded as he stood up offering her his hand.

He watched her intently as she walked in front of him. The way her hips moved from side to side and her hair bounced as her stride continued. God, he loved her. Before realizing it he’d followed her into her bedroom and all the way to her bathroom door. She spun around nearly knocking him over in surprise.

“I need a quick shower.” She said in a low tone and he simply nodded in response. She reached for the shower and turned the water on to allow it to warm up. “It’ll just take me like 10 minutes…”

“10 minutes? That’s too long.” he said pouting before he wrapped her up in his arms planting his lips on hers.

She blushed, “There’s a bottle of wine in the refridgerator…how about you go find it and meet me here in 10 minutes?”

“Well played.” He nodded. “But if you’re not out here in 10 minutes….I’ll have to come in there.” She smacked him playfully, “I’m serious. I’ll have to. You could drown…or something….”

“In the shower?”

“Hey. Knock it off with the back talk.” He said trying to sound stern.

“Just go get the damn wine.” She laughed shoving him out of her bathroom and shutting the door.

Eight minutes later, she emerged from the bedroom wrapped in a towel and found him sitting right there on her bed waiting for her with the wine bottle in hand.

“You’re gorgeous.” He said as a smile spread across his lips while his blue eyes stared at her as she dressed and sat down on the bed to crack open the bottle of wine.