Status: NEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Hesitate

Vegas

“Hey.” He said shaking her gently trying to wake her up. “Baby.”

“What?” she mumbled before slowly opening her eyes.

He chuckled a little, “You wanna go with me to the studio?”

A small yawn escaped her and smile formed on her lips, “Mmmhmm.”

“You better get your ass up and get ready.”

She sat up and he kissed her forehead, “I’m gonna hop in the shower and get dressed.”

“The shower? Hmm………maybe I should help you……save you some time.” He said raising his eyebrows.

She shook her head and laughed, “Then we’d end up being late to the studio for sure.” He jumped up behind her as she got off the bed heading towards the bathroom.

“I’m the singer….kind of ‘important’…..they’ll wait for me….” He grinned as he grabbed her around the waist. As she reached to turn the shower on, she felt him nibble at her neck and she shivered. She finally decided to give up the argument and let him have his way.

“Told you I could help.” He smirked as he slipped his t-shirt back on.

“Yeah. And it only took me 45 minutes to take a shower……” she trailed off.

“Damn….” She heard him curse

“What? You in trouble?” she said sarcastically.

He laughed, “I’ve got like 20 missed calls.”

“Shit.” She said slipping her jeans on. “Just let me get a shirt on then we can go.”

“Well, it’s about damn time.” Jim said as the door creaked open revealing their singer whom they’d been waiting for all morning.

“Hey guys.” Corey called out in a sing-song tone as he walked in holding her hand.

“Where have you been- ohhhhhhhhhh.” Josh said glancing between the both of them causing her to blush a little.

Corey’s eyes rolled, “You guys ready to get started?”

“We’ve been ready.” Jim replied. “Hey Ash.”

“Hey,” she smiled back with a wave.

“It’s a good thing you’re here…..,” Roy started.

“Why’s that?”

“Because then Corey will quit his damn pouting.” He laughed.

“Ha ha ha. Ok. Very funny. Now let’s get started on some shit.” Corey admonished his bandmates. They all laughed at him.

She watched all day as they worked on lyrics, guitar parts, drum parts, and etc. Watching him work so intently on this album, she was so proud of him. They had already had a couple songs completely finished and ready to go. And to her, they sounded amazing. Before she knew it, it was late in the evening and the guys were winding down the day’s activites and getting ready to call it a night.

He helped her into his car then he flopped down in the driver’s seat and sighed. He turned to her and she seemed to be staring at him with a smile spread across her lips. “What?”

“You guys sounded great today. YOU sounded great.”

“Thanks.” He half-smiled and even sort of blushed a little. “So, you ready to go out?”

“Yeah, where we gonna go?”

“Grabbing some food first.” He laughed. “I’m fucking starving. Then, I figured we’d check out the strip. See what all’s going on…”

“Well, let’s go then.”

After getting some cheeseburgers at a little diner on the outside of town, they decided to hit up a club nearby then play the slot machines. They had decided to go a club to check out the bands that were playing that night when they ran back into Jim who convinced them to go back to his hotel suite for a party.

“Corey.” She giggled after countless jell-o shots and some beer.

“Yeah……….” He grinned having had quite a bit to drink himself.

“I think I’m drunk.” She tried to whisper and make a serious face of concern.

He laughed and hugged her, “Oh, I know. You can’t handle your ummmm……uhhh…..alcohol.”

“Are you drunk too? You can’t be drunk too. It’s not safe.” She rambled incoherently

He burst out laughing, “You’re fucked up………”

“So are you…heyyyyyyyyy….ya know what we should do?”

“I give up….”

“Take a picture!”

Jim, who happened to be standing behind the couch overlooking the two drunken monstrosities whom he called his friends, laughed and whipped out his cell phone.

“Here, I’ll take a picture.” He announced.

“Yay!” she exclaimed.

Jim managed to get a picture of them before they almost fell off the couch which sent the inebriated pair into a laughing fit. Drunkenly, she began nipping at his neck and he pulled her onto his lap and into a passionate liplock.

“We should leave…” she slurred in his ear.

He nodded, “Read my mind.”

Everyone had taken notice that they three sheets to the wind and when they moved to leave Jim insisted on calling them a cab and took the singer’s car keys from him. They waited for their cab outside on the bench still garbling their words and laughing like a couple of teenagers.