Status: NEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Hesitate

I want to be there.

As they passed the street lights by and oncoming headlights came and went, he sighed in the passenger seat. He still had yet to really say anything aside from the few ‘I’m sorry’s’ but she was fine with that. She let him have all the silence he wanted. Suddenly he reached for her radio and adjusted the volume.

“Need some music,” he said almost trying to justify that action. She didn’t say anything back but did nod her approval. “You always do this….” He trailed off.

“Huh? What are talking about?”

“I call at whatever time of day or night, tell you it’s important, and you’re always right there.”

“Umm okay….” she said confused and trying to keep her eyes on the road instead of giving the look she wanted to.

“…and I’m such a fucking prick.” He added, “I don’t even think I’ve ever said ‘thank you’ until tonight….or this morning…..whatever….”

The car pulled to stop at the only traffic light in town that wasn’t simply flashing at this time of night.

“If I didn’t want to be there…here…I wouldn’t be.” She explained. “There’s nothing that makes me pick up the phone and makes me come to where ever it is that you are.”

He kind of laughed, “Then why the hell do you always do it? It can’t be because I fucking deserve it. Trust me, after the shit I’ve said and done to you, I don’t.”

“Can we not get into this right now?” She said pulling away from the now green light. The ride again grew silent. He was right. Well, kind of. He had done his fair share of things that one would consider to be an asinine and unforgiveable. There had been times when she wanted nothing more than to never have to see or talk to him again, but it wasn’t that simple. Not with Corey Taylor. Nothing was ever simple. Just when she thought she hated him the most, he did something so endearing that remembering why she was mad at him in the first place was near impossible.

“I shoulda listened to you,” he continued the now awkward conversation. “Steph was totally wrong for me. I mean……it was ok sometimes…..mainly when I was gone for a while and just gotten home…”

Not knowing exactly what say and she mustered was, “Should we go get your stuff?”

He chuckled oddly, “I’m sure if we wait in ‘til in the morning we can just pick it all up off the lawn…”

“That bad?”

His shoulders shrugged, “Nothing more than the usual….”

“You should know better than to lie to me….” She said with little hesitation.

He smiled half-heartedly, “I know…”

The car whipped into the driveway suddenly and the engine cut off.