Status: NEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Hesitate

Confused.

Suddenly the loud knocking snapped her out of the daze she was in as she sat on the same steps as earlier anxiously waiting for him to come back. Excitedly, she jumped up to go to the door but her enthusiasm waned. ‘This is his own fucking house. He’s not going to fucking knock.’ She thought to herself before hastily slinging the door open.

“What’s up?!” Waved a very content Jim who was holding the hand of his longtime wife, Samm. Ash and Samm had met quite a few times and got along pretty well.

“Hi guys.” She answered lowly.

“You all right? Seem sad or something….” He replied as they walked in and made themselves at home.

“Geez, Jim. How about you just barge in?” Samm said shaking her head and looking to Ash apologetically.

“What? She opened the door.” He answered defensively causing Ash to chuckle a little at the married couple in front of her. She felt a little better for a second. “I know you’re going home tomorrow and we came to see if you and Corey wanted to have dinner tonight?”

“Oh,” she tried to smile. “Thanks guys. I just don’t really know where he is…..”

“What do you mean? Something happen? You guys were fine last night. More than fine, actually.” Jim commented.

“Apparantly, a lot happened last night that we don’t remember…” she sighed, “Anyway, he left about an hour and a half ago. I haven’t heard from him and he hasn’t been back.”

“Let me try calling him.” Jim offered. “That’s fucked to just take off like that. The guy has thumbs. He can at least send a text.” He scanned through his contacts to find Corey’s name and it ‘Call’ just as it began to ring the three of them heard the back door creak open and shut. Also, the sound of keys being tossed onto the kitchen counter echoed.

“Ummmm. Hey.” He nearly whispered to three people in his living room.

“Hey man. Where were you?” Jim wondered.

He looked at Ash for a second before answering, “The studio.”

“Oh well, we wanted to see if you guys wanted to go out for dinner…”

“Yeah, we’ll go.”

“Uhh….i’m gonna go fix something to drink in the kitchen.” Ash announced and Samm quickly got up to follow.

Making sure the door shut behind them, Samm started with the questions. “Ok, what happened? That shit was just really awkward in there.”

She sighed before pouring some water into a glass, “We got married last night….apparantly.”

“Are you fucking serious?”

“Yeah……I don’t what the hell to do. My flight is in the morning and we haven’t figured anything out. The one time we tried to talk I opened my big mouth. That’s why he left.”

“What’d you say? It couldn’t have been that bad….”

“To him it was. I got really fucking freaked out and said the entire thing was a huge mistake. I didn’t mean it the way it came out. Honestly.”

“Whoa. That was pretty harsh.”

“Yeah, he looked at me like I ripped his heart out.” She drank some of her water. “You’ve gotta admit this whole thing is crazy. We can’t be married. I mean…his divorce was *just* finalized…..he’s about leave on tour in a couple months…”

“Sweetie, let me tell you something. Me and Jim have been married for quite a while now….and I’ve gotten to know Corey pretty well. He’s a very.....how can I word this…When he loves someone, he completely, 100% loves someone. It doesn’t matter where he’s at or what he’s working on…..he’ll find a way to make sure the person he loves is happy. I know this marriage was completely out of nowhere……but don’t write it off because you’re scared. And you don’t have to have everything figured out right away either.”

“I guess you’re right…”

“Of course, I am.” She grinned. “Now, let’s get ready to go. The guys are probably waiting on us.”

“Ready?” Jim said poking his head inside the door.

Samm rolled her eyes, “Told ya.”