Status: NEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Hesitate

I'm Responsible

*Back to Present Time*

He felt her try to move from the bed and his grip on her tightened. “Don’t go.”

“Babe, I have to….”

He sat up and brushed the bangs out of her eyes, “We still need to talk about everything.”

“I know we do. We will. I promise.”

He opened his mouth to say something else when his phone began blaring. “Damn.”

“Who is it?”

“Scarlett.” He answered before taking the call. “Hey. Okay. Okay. Calm down. I’m in town. I can be there in just a few minutes. Okay. Fine.”

“Good to hear you two are getting along.” She remarked.

He nodded, “We have to for Griffin’s sake. And speaking of…..I have to go get him.” He noticed her smile. “What’s that for?”

“I just haven’t seen him in so long.” She said fondly. “Everything’s ok, isn’t it?”

“Yeah…..he just…..well, when he gets to be ‘too much’ for her to handle and ‘too hyper’……that’s when he becomes ‘my son’.” He rolled his eyes and laughed.

“You should bring him by the store….” She said before jumping in the shower.

He slipped his jeans back on from the day before but grabbed a different t-shirt. He stuck his head in the shower and, with the water running down his head, “I’ll see you later.”

“Jesus, you fucking scared me.”

“Give me a kiss so I can go.”

“No.” She protested.

“I am prepared to stand here with my head in this shower for as long as it takes.” He said seriously.

“Fine, here.” She laughed giving him a kiss. “Now, go pick your son up.”

“Ok.” He started to walk off then stuck his head back into the shower.

“What now?” she laughed and rolled her eyes.

“I love you.” He smirked. “See ya later.”

His little face was pressed against the living room window and when that familiar black car rolled in he went ballistic. “Dadddddddddy!” he yelled flinging the door open with all his might.

“Griffin, where are you- shut the- get back here.” Scarlett called after him.

“But Dad’s here….” He pouted.

“Hey buddy.” He flashed a wide smile as he picked his son up from behind. “Hey Scarlett.”

“Hey. You’re awful chipper today.” She said letting them in and shutting the front door behind them.

“It’s a good day...” he shrugged.

“Yeah!” Griffin howled backing up his father’s claim.

“See?” Corey grinned setting the little boy down. “Go get some stuff together in your bag I got you, Ok?”

They watched as their little boy ran up the stairs to his room to pack his bag.

“He’s just like you.” She said grabbing a carton of orange juice out of the refrigerator. “Thirsty?”

He shook his head, “I’m fine...

“Thought your divorce was final…..” she said taking a drink of her juice.

“It is……,” He nodded.

“and you’re still wearing a ring?” she laughed shaking her head.

“First off, I don’t see how this is any your business. Second, I got married a couple weeks ago in Vegas…”

“That’s funny. I almost believed you.”

“Well good because it’s true….only reason I’m even saying anything about it is because of Griffin.”

“Were you even seeing anybody? Does she even know about Griffin? When exactly do you plan on explaining this to him?”

“I’ll get to it, okay? I know what I’m doing.”

“Here’s a better question…….which Vegas strip club did you meet her in?” she grumbled.

“I didn’t meet her in a strip club, thank you very much…..I met her backstage……twelve years ago. Ashleigh?” He noticed her demeanor and attitude changed. “I’m a little more responsible than you thought after all, huh?”

“Just make sure that your son understands what’s going on…..and don’t confuse him.”

“Ready!” Griffin called as he sprinted down the steps. “Daddy, I’m ready.”

“All right. Give me your bag. Give your mom a hug and a kiss.”

“Have fun. Be good.” She told him.

“He will.” Corey assured her.

“Take care of this.” She told him discreetly.