Status: NEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Hesitate

Got You Something

She walked inside, hung her keys by the door, and just glided right on by the kitchen not acknowledging him sitting at the kitchen table.

“So, you ignoring me?” he called out.

“Where’s Griffin?”

“In this basement playing with your pool table…”

“Thought you were going to your place…”

“We did…….then we had some errands to take care of……will you come in here and talk to me? I hate having to yell across the whole house…”

She finally presented herself from out of the hallway. “You’re awfully calm for someone who’s pissed at me…..”

“I wasn’t pissed. I was hurt.” He corrected her."There's a difference."

“Well, you exhibit those traits very similarly.”

“I love you. And I want us to stay married because I think that we’re a perfect match. Griffin does too….”

“I’m scared, Corey.”

He nodded, “I got you something. I know we didn’t exactly have a typical wedding….Hell, we didn’t even have an engagement….so, I just kind of thought that this would be a good start.”

“Well? Where is it?”

“Come here.” He said patting his knee.

Reluctantly, she approached him and sat on his lap. “Close your eyes.”

“Corey.”

“Just do it.” He smiled as her eyes were shut and reached in the pocket of his jacket and opened the small box. “Ok. Open ‘em up.”

Her eyes opened and immediately fell upon the contents of the small box in his hand. She didn’t say a word. “You like it?”

“It’s…….gorgeous…..”

“Can we keep being married?” he asked with a pout.

She sighed then a smile formed across her features, “Yes.”

He fumbled with ring trying to get it out of the box so he could slide it on to her finger. “This is right. You’ll never regret this. I fucking promise.”

“You better be right.” She winked before kissing at his neck.

“I love it when you do that….” He said biting his lip.

“I know.” She giggled.

“Yay! The pretty ring worked!” They heard Griffin squeal.

“Griffin Taylor.” Corey said in a stern tone. “Were you spying on me again?”

“No, I just got bored and came up here and saw you kissing.” He blushed.

She laughed, “You have something to do with this, kid?”

He nodded and said proudly, “*I* picked out the ring.”

“Yeah, kid has expensive taste too….” Corey mumbled causing him to receive a smack on the shoulder.

“You wanna go get some ice cream?” she asked her little step-son.

“ohhhhhh” his eyes widened. “can we?”

“Fine.” Corey chimed in then looked at Ash. “But when he can’t go to sleep because he put way too much candy on top of his ice cream….and he will. Trust me. I know the kid….. you get to sit up with him.”

She rolled her eyes, “Let’s go. Let me grab a hoodie.”

She grabbed her hoodie and reached into the pocket pulling out her cell phone. She’d been so busy that she barely had time to look at a calendar. She noticed the date on her phone read April 7. She let loose a sigh. ‘Tomorrow,’ she thought.

“You ready?” Corey said snapping her out of her daze.

“Yeah, you ready, Ashleigh?” Griffin grinned.

“Uhh, yeah let’s go.” She said tussling his hair as they walked out the door.