Status: NEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Hesitate

Some Privacy, Please?

She woke up the next morning to a very quiet, empty house. Corey wasn’t next to her in the bed as he was the night before. Also, Griffin wasn’t in the bedroom that was once occupied by his father. She didn’t see any notes anywhere either. Usually, Corey was good about leaving her some kind of note if he was going to leave before she got up. She figured he must’ve gotten up early and taken Griff for breakfast or something so she went ahead and got in the shower to get ready for work. With her hair freshly straightened and makeup done, she finished getting dressed and headed out the door. She checked her phone in case he’d sent her a text or voicemail but there was nothing. She hoped today wouldn’t be an overly busy one at the store but knew it probably would be. When she pulled, she noticed the numerous people walking around inside her store. ‘Great.’ She thought. When the door opened, she was in awe.

“What the?” she threw his purse up on the counter and tried to get some answers. “What’s going on?”

She looked around at all their friends who were pulling up fixtures and moving them around. “Hello! Would any care to explain what the hell is going on?”

“Oh, you’re here.” He said smiling as the doorbell chimed. “Morning, beautiful.”

“Where’d you go? Where’s Griffin? What the hell is going on in my store?”

“Here. In your office. Rearranging .” He grinned.

“What? Why?”

“Uhhh…..cause I’m awesome.” He shook his head. “and because I knew it was stressing you out….and if I had asked if we all could help I knew you’d say ‘no’. so I just talked to Jaret, we worked out a new layout, which is gonna be fucking awesome, and I got all the guys together to help me.”

“Hey Ash!” Samm waved as she walked by with a box full of dvd’s.

“Hey.” She smiled back at her still with some confusion in her voice. She looked at her husband as he was directing everyone where to put things and helping to organize all the product. She was a little mad that she didn’t know any of this was going on. But the fact that he arranged all this simply to remove all the pressure that was weighing heavy on her shoulders made her melt. He was right. This marriage thing is pretty cool.

“Can I talk to you?” She said looking at him.

“Absolutely, honey.” He said in a sing-song manner and followed her to the office where Griffin was playing and shut the door. “What’s up?”

She didn’t reply with words. She just wrapped her arms around him and pressed her lips to the kanji tattoo on his neck. “Thank you.”

“Don’t thank me yet.” He warned her. “We’re not done.” Just then his phone, which he’d set on her desk when he’d gotten there that morning started to ring. She moved to reached for it so she could answer it and hand it to him but he bolted in front of her, “No! I can get it.” He answered the call.

“Who is it?” She mouthed. He shook his head as a signal that he wasn’t going to answer her. He motioned her to go out the door.

“What?”

“Some privacy, please?”

“Corey, this is my office.” She said cutting her eyes at him causing Griffin to laugh.

“I said ‘please’.” He argued.

“Fine. Geez. I’ll go.”