Status: NEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Hesitate

Power's out.

“Here’s dinner.” She said announcing her arrival back to the room and placing the pizza on the nightstand. “It’s looking kind of nasty outside. Like it might storm or something.”

“I like your hair like that.” He blurted out.

“Umm. Ok.” She said confused. “Thanks.”

All of a sudden he realized he liked the way it fell in waves. And the light blonde and the dark brown brought out her green eyes. ‘What the fuck?’ He thought to himself. ‘Smooth one. Now how am I going recover from that?’

“Corey?” she said snapping her fingers. “Hello?”

“Oh, um, sorry. Kind of spaced out there for a second.” He said. “Sounds like you were right about the weather. I think it’s thundering out there.” Those words hadn’t no more than left his lips when the power cut out.

“Great.” She groaned. “Power’s gone.”

“umm you got any flashlights or candles?”

“yeah,” she sighed getting up from the bed. “Candles are in the closet at the end of the hall. Flashlights are under the kitchen sink. I’ll grab the flashlights. You wanna find the candles?”

“All right.” He nodded.

She took off in the direction of the kitchen while he found his way to the closet where the candles where. She found the flashlights but the batteries were dead. Groaning, she tried to find the batteries. Meanwhile, he had gotten the candles and started lighting them. He set one in both bedrooms and used another to find his way around the dark house to see if she needed any help. He looked around intently but didn’t see her.

“Shit!” she gasped suddenly as she turned to come down the stairs to see him right behind her. “You scared me!”

“Sorry.” He chuckled. “Just wanted to see if you needed any help.”

“I got it. Thanks though.” She smiled. He stood there staring at her still holding the lit candle in his hand. Something about the way the candle light danced against her features got to him. He suddenly reached out with his free hand and pulled her in close. “Cor? What are you doing?”

He shrugged, “I don’t know…”

“Well, then why d-“ Whatever she was about say was of no importance to him. All he cared about was getting her lips pressed against his. It seemed to last forever. Then she pulled away and just stared at him.

“Ash…”

She just shook her head and pushed her way past him.