Status: NEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Hesitate

Perfect

He shut his eyes and leaned his forehead against the wall. With a sigh, he descended the steps. Stopping in the kitchen for a glass of water, he headed to try and talk to her. He stopped just short of the door where he could see the candle light dancing from underneath. He pulled his hand up to knock but decided against it. He’d just go back to his room and let her have some space. He carefully put all the pictures and other trinkets up in their respective boxes remembering to leave the few out that she’d wanted to make copies of. He flopped on the bed with a sigh and listened to the rain pelt the sides of the house and the whirling of the wind. He laid there for a while not making a sound secretly trying to listen for any stirring or movement from her room next door. After almost an hour and a half of nothing, he gave in and shut his eyes. Next thing he knew there was a tapping at the door. His eyes snapped open and he heard it again. “Yeah?…,” he yawned.

The door creaked open and she poked her head in. “Mind if I come in?” He just nodded. “I wanted to apologize for running off like that….and not saying anything…and….”

He glanced up at her. She looked shy suddenly, and nervous. Sitting up on the bed, he patted the spot next to him signaling for her to sit down.

“It’s ok.” He assured her. “Come here.”

“I just didn’t know what to do…” she kept explaining. “Why did you do that?”

“Because I felt like it?” he answered simply to which he got a strange look from her. “It’s just…we were looking at all the pictures and letters and stuff…….and it all just got me thinking about everything.”

“Do it again.” She couldn’t believe she just said that

“What?” He was as confused as she was herself.

“Do it again,” She repeated herself, “and I won’t run away like before.”

His eyes narrowed. “You sure about that?” She nodded her answer and he took a deep breath. His hand reached up and he brushed her bangs out of her eyes then allowing his fingertips to trace her cheekbone. He looked at her again to be sure this was what she wanted. She nodded, and he pressed his lips to hers like before. But something was different. She kissed him back this time, and he loved every second of it. This was even better than before. She pulled her lips from his and buried her face in his shoulder wrapping her arms around his waist. He leaned his head down kissing the top of her head.

“I’m glad you didn’t take off this time.” He told her.

She sat up and examined his features. His just-starting-to-grow-out dirty blond hair and the beard he had grown, whether it was on purpose or simply forgetting to shave. Those blue eyes. All perfect.

“Me too.” She said smiling.