Status: Work in progress...

Unforgettable Love and Forgotten Fate

Prologue

"I can't believe I let you talk me into this." I told my best friend Cheyanne. We were walking down the Santa Monica pier at 1:00 in the morning. Hardly anyone is here, which is somewhat odd. I don't pay too much attention to that though. "Cheyanne, where are we going?"

"You'll see! Geez Arya, loosen up!" She gave me one of her award winning smiles. Cheyanne is the model type. She has naturally platinum blonde hair falling in waves down to her waist. She has a slender build, filling out in all the right places. Long, toned legs from playing soccer all her life, and strong arms from volleyball. Her eyes are a stunning shade of palatinate blue. Her nose is long and slender, a perfect nose. She has high cheekbones, and full lips. Her great grandmother was Cherokee, which is where she got her facial features. She's tall, 5'9", and only weighs 125 pounds. We are very similar in stature, most think we are sisters. I have the same long, wavy platinum blonde hair. We are the same height, but I am five pounds heavier. I have harlequin green eyes, a button nose, and full lips just like Cheyanne.

"You know I don't like surprises!" I pouted. Cheyanne loves to keep secrets, but I hate surprises. But when it comes to her, expect them. It was dark, a lot of the lights were out, and looking around there were only a couple people walking around.

"Oh Arya, calm down. We're almost there!" She had a huge smile on her face. Out of nowhere, five guys stopped about ten feet in front of us. They looked huge, well built. They were dressed in black v neck tees, black jeans, and black boots. They all had short, dark brown hair, the same chiseled faces. They looked like they just stepped out of a magazine. Only they didn't look friendly.

"Cheyanne, please tell me this isn't part of your surprise." I whispered to Cheyanne, both of us frozen, frightened.

"No, this is not part of my surprise. Arya, I'm scared." She whispered back. We were both scared. One of the men was carrying two sacks, just big enough to put over a head. "This doesn't look good, what do we do?"

"When I say go, we run. One, two, three, GO!" We ran like our lives depended on it. Granted, our lives probably did depend on it. No one was around now, where had they all gone? Then, lights started to go out. I looked back to see if they were still behind us, but they weren't. "Cheyanne, they aren't behind us anymore. We need to get back to my house!" Thank God for soccer and cross country, otherwise we wouldn't have lasted this long. We were almost out of the pier, just a hundred more feet and it'd be a couple minutes to my house.

"Arya, look at the entrance!" I looked, and sure enough the five guys were blocking the entrance. "What now? We won't make it out of here alive at this rate!" I knew she was right. We had both worked summer jobs at this pier before, I racked my brain, trying to think of alternative exits.

"Cheyanne, the employee exit by the tackle shop!" We turned, making a beeline for the exit. We were so close, we didn't want to die tonight. I turned around and saw them running after us, but I bumped into someone in the process. "Jake! What are you doing here?!"

"You guys weren't back yet, I got worried. Come on, we need to get home!" Jake is my brother, twin actually. Identical twins. We have the same eyes, the same nose, the same lips. He's taller though, 6'2", and he's a lot more muscular. We made it out of the pier, now we just needed to make it home. I turned around but they weren't there anymore. Maybe they gave up. I'm not sure, but I'm not gonna stop running until I get home. All of a sudden there was a sharp pain in my head at my temple, then I blacked out.