Status: Active.

Unrequited Love

March 9th, 2012

I had heard three days before today that my brother's friend Gerard would be coming over to help take the walls down in my house. We were fixing the house up to sell it, so we could move to a better neighborhood.

I had never heard of this kid Gerard before, but I do know from what I've heard of him over the last three days, is he is awesome, loved the same music as me, and was pretty cool. I would have to get my opinion on him myself though before I listened to my brother, I mean come on, he was my older brother's friend, I'm not supposed to like him at all.

---

I woke up, and jump out of bed, changed my clothes and just brushed my hair a bit, no sense in getting all dolled up if I was going to be playing with hammers, dust, and plaster, right? I decided whilst waiting for my brother and his friend to get here, I'd get a head start on my bedroom wall, the one closest to the staircase.

Dust filled the air, as I slammed the hammer against the white plaster. Bang, bang, bang! For years, I had wanted to do this, having hated my walls, because nothing, no nails, or anything could be put in it, for anything would bounce back at you. (Trust me, I learned the hard way when I went to put a nail in the wall for a picture of my favorite band, and the hammer and nail bounced back at me, resulting in my foot being hurt by my dropping the hammer 'cause the nail cut my cheek.)

One good thing about this is, I enjoyed it, it got my anger out that I had built up over the years from my family, and believe me did I have a lot of anger in my body. I decided to take a break as the floor was covered in dust and plaster, along with my face and hair. The room being too dusty for me, and my Guinea Pig Pansy, I opened the window. Just as I sat down on my dust covered bed, I heard my dog Leah, barking, and knew right away that the kid was here.

Instead of going downstairs to meet him, like any normal person would, I just stayed upstairs sitting on my bed. Truthfully, I didn't want to meet him, I had this feeling that if I did, I'd never want him to leave.

Footsteps filled the staircase, and I sighed sadly. 'Just promise yourself one thing, you won't get too attached, you'll stay away, so he'll just be another one of your brother's friends.' I found all of my brother's friends extremely cute, so I mostly just stayed away from them.

"Franklin, this is Gerard, my friend." I just looked down shyly, and waved my hand. "Okay, so, here is what you have to do, just knock all the plaster down, and pull the wood up, and that's about it." Gerard nodded to what my brother said, and just started on the wall.

"Uh, if you could just do the plaster first? Then I'll clean that up, then you can start on the wood afterwards?" I asked shyly.

Gerard just nodded, and went back to work.

I turned on some A Day To Remember songs on my PS3, and just stood behind him watching him. From what I saw of his face, he wasn't bad looking at all, but he wasn't exactly amazingly handsome either, but he did have some good looks.

Plaster flew everywhere, over my head and at my face, a small piece even ended up getting in my eye, and I rubbed it, catching Gerard's attention. "Are you sure you want to stand there behind me?"

I just nodded, and continued to watch him. "Well, here at least wear these." he handed me his construction goggles to cover my eyes and I couldn't help but smile at him.

I started to help along, with a pry-bar and it ended up getting stuck, in a piece of wood. Afraid to pull it 'cause it'll probably hurt me, I asked Gerard to do it, whilst my brother started on the closets. Gerard just kicked the wood, breaking it in half and getting the pry-bar.

I too tried kicking the wall, but it didn't work, no wood fell, and no plaster fell, just dust. "Here like this!" Gerard said, kicking the wall extremely on with his Harley Davidson leather boots on.

After getting most of the wall down, Gerard moved on to the closet. "Be careful, Mr.Freak likes to save spiders and put them in his closet." my brother said.

"I hope it freaking eats you, jackass!"

"No, I hope not me, I'm allergic to spiders!" Gerard looked at me horrified.

"Not you, dumb-face, I was implying to my brother, I hope it eats him!" Gerard and I laughed at him for a bit, cracking jokes, and then quieted down.

"Get you're friend, he's being quiet!"

"I do have a name you know?"

"Yeah, you're name is Ryan's friend!" I was being a smart ass.

"No, my name is Gerard."

"Aw, can I call you Gee? I call everyone that's named Gerard, Gee!"

"Uh, no, anything but that name!"

"Please, I love calling all the Gerard's I know, Gee!"

"If you let me call you Frankie?"

One thing I hated about my name being Franklin, that people called me Frankie. It annoyed the hell out of me, 'cause that is not my name, I hate being called it.

"No!"

"Then I guess I'm Gerard to you."

"No, fine, call me Frankie." I said mad, and just tuned out afterwards.

---

Within 25 minutes, we had the wall down, and most of the closet, we had cleaned up the mess, and Gerard had to leave. Tomorrow would be another day of work.

"Alright, it was nice to meet you, you have good taste in music. Bye." Gerard said as he left my room.

I was sad he had to go, as I had warmed up to him already, and I just knew I liked him already too! I took a shower after he left, and went out, to hang with friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be honest, I put off writing this chapter for various reasons.

I was afraid writing this chapter would bring back all my feelings of when I first realized I liked the dude this story is about, and it did...every single one. ._.

I've been working a 10+ hours job, and when I get home it's usually 11pm and I have to just eat and shower then go straight to bed, 'cause I have to be up by 7am to get ready for work.

I went to my first ever concert August 19th, it was amazing! I had the best time ever.

I haven't really been on Mibba lately, I haven't the time to be on all the time. And I've been hanging with new friends, and just really missing him... a lot.... (you'll understand later on in the story, like 3 months in the story why I miss him a lot okay?)

Okay so here is the first chapter, it's very jumpy, 'cause it's word from word what happened that day so yeah. Tell me what you think?

Here's to Ashley, this is for you. Hope you like it, even though it's sucky.

P.S readers, i'm not sure when I will have chapter 2 up. Hopefully soon!!!

xoxo
Monster5FDP <3