'Till Death Do Us Part

1/5

“Welcome to Torchwood!”

A siren started blaring, alerting anyone who was in the underground chamber at the time that visitors had arrived. A young Asian woman whose eyes were glued to the multiple computer screens in front of her, looked over at the gear-shaped door, rolled open, and the two men who had just entered.

“God, this place is an absolute dump.” A man whom the woman didn't recognize, scrunched his nose in disgust.

“Dump? Why, this is the best place to put a secret base.”

“You could've at least had the effort to clean up better.”

“What's going on?” The woman rose from her seat and stared at the unknown man. He returned the stare, looking up and down at her, checking her out while unaware of her bewilderment.. He seemed to be pleased with what he saw, by his grin.

Her boss, Captain Jack Harkness, handsome for his square face, broad shoulders, a sturdy cleft chin, and captivating blue eyes; smiled and placed a hand on the man's shoulder. “This is Owen Harper.”

Doctor Owen Harper.” He corrected, smacking away his hand.

“And this pretty young lady is Toshiko Sato.”

“She looks awfully pretty to be an alien hunter.” He scoffed, causing Toshiko's face to flush.

“She's our technological expert. Believe me, she's highly qualified.”

“So you're like a computer whiz?” Owen lifted an eyebrow.

“Yeah,” She nodded once with a shy smile and without modesty said, “I'm brilliant.”

“A little cocky, aren't you?”

“So are you.”

“Hey! She earned that title.” Jack chuckled as Owen smirked at her earlier comment. “She's probably one of the most intelligent people I've ever met. You can learn a thing or two from her.”

“It's nice to meet you Owen.” She extended her hand. He eyed it for a bit, before taking it.

“Your name is such a mouthful to say. Mind if I call you Tosh for short?”

“Tosh? I like that!” Jack patted her shoulder. “Oh and would you show Owen around the hub? That would be great.” He saluted the the two with two fingers and went off to his office upstairs.

“Hub?” Owen repeated.

“It's what we call the place. It gets tiring to say Torchwood all the time.”

“Before we start this “grand” tour, there's something I wanna ask.” Owen spoke up before Tosh could take another step.

“Yes?”

“He wasn't kidding, right? There's a rift thing running through Cardiff?”

“Correct. There's a rift in time and space, located in Cardiff Bay, Wales, where different aliens and pieces of time sometimes fall through.”

“And our job?”

“We hunt aliens, the supernatural, anything that isn't ordinary. We also scavenge the items they leave behind. They are mainly used for arming ourselves against attacks.” Owen's eyebrows rose up, as he looked around and saw gadgets, not made by human hands, hanging on the wall. He saw many strange things, such as glimmering three bladed knife, a metal gauntlet, a spray with liquid glowing as bright as a nightlight. He was especially interested in the jar near the entrance, holding a human hand in strange bubbling fluid. A shiver ran down his spine and he turned his attention back to Tosh.

“And no one knows about you lot?”

“We're seperate from the government. We're known as the special ops to the police.”

“Wow.” Owen drawled. “First I work at a hospital and now I work at an alien catching bussiness.”

“It's not a bad job, really.” Tosh insisted. “If you're worried about the pay - “

“I'm not worried about the pay.” He seemed quiet for a moment then quickly said, “Weren't you going to show me around?”

“Oh yes, sorry. Right this way.”

The two walked all around the entire inside of hub, with Tosh chattering away with what went on there. She showed him an i interrogation room, a conference room and even an alien-containment room, complete with holding cells. There wasn't any aliens imprisoned at the moment, but he could just imagine a big headed green alien staring back at him through the glass door, with a scowl on its face.

“And this is where you're gonna perform medical operations.” She lead him down a small set of steps, pointing him to a small compartment. It definintly was small, with only a large metal table and space enough for about three people. Around it were shelves containing various medical equipment and exotic medicines.

“So this is where I'm going to be doing the disecting? Lovely.”

“Do you like being a doctor?” Tosh asked, trying to attempt a conversation.

“Well I agreed to be the Torchwood medic, didn't I?”

“I'm sorry, it was a silly question.” She looked down at her feet, feeling foolish.

“I wanted to be a doctor because I wanted to matter.” He said mildly. “If I could save one life, I thought mine would be worthwhile.”

“Even if you weren't a doctor, I think your life would be worthwhile. No one's useless, in fact, I think everyone has at least some importantance in the world.”

“C'mon Tosh,” He sneered. “Not everyone is important. The only important people are those who save lives. Important people are the ones who gets missed by millions if they die. Heh. You should see the man I was before I became a doctor.”

“Do you really think that?”

“If you wanna argue, I'm not interested.” He walked back up the steps and stopped. “There's already so much shit happening in this world. Now that I know that aliens exist, I now know the world is more fucked up than ever.”

Owen walked off to his work area and Tosh couldn't help but just stare at him. At first glance, he wasn't handsome like Jack, but wasn't ugly either. He seemed to possess some sort of wit and was definintly arrogant. However, deep inside, Tosh realized that something seemed to be bothering him.

What an interesting co-worker he was.
♠ ♠ ♠
This may be fan fiction of Owen and Tosh from Torchwood, but I decide to let my imagination run wild and write "What would have happened if this occurred instead?" or "They never showed how this happen. I'll write what I imagined it to be."

It does stay true to its word that Torchwood protects against extraterrestrial threats, but there are going to be a lot of changes to Owen and Tosh, different from what happened in the show, such as events that had never taken place.

Goldfish.