‹ Prequel: Our Rebel Love Song

We Can Leave It All Behind

Chapter1

I am Andy Biersack, the singer of Black Veil Brides. I remember when we created this band. I was sixteen and I was still grieving over Ashley's death. CC suggested that we all come together and maybe make a band to lessen the grieving that we were all enduring. I thought that it was a pretty nice idea. I'd do anything to distract myself from thinking of Ashley, which was virtually impossible. Not even Dylan could distract me, but music could. Music was and escape for me and I'm always thanking CC for the idea. Six years later and I've never been better....Until now.
“You all fucking suck!” Jeremy, our bass player, yelled at us and stormed out of the dressing room. He never really fit into the band and I guess he was just sick of us.
“Well....Does that mean he quit the band?” CC asked. I shrugged.
“Doesn't matter. He's out of the band anyways. We can't deal with his shit anymore.” I told him. Everyone nodded.
“Too bad. He was really good, too.” Jinxx said and sat on a chair. I sighed and fixed my belt.
“Guys, don't tell anyone except for the manager. Okay? Tell the fans that Jeremy's sick or something.” They all nodded again. “Okay. Let's go meet those fans!”
We all walked out of backstage and to the front of the venue with smiles on our faces and walking with confidence. These fans are what we're all about.
“Hey everybody!” CC jumped up and waved to everyone that were being held behind security guards. Everyone screamed.
“Yeah! Let's meet some of you guys!” Jake yelled and walked up to a group of girls all decked up in BVB makeup and t-shirts. I walked over to a girl that was crying. Her eyeliner rolling down her face. I gave her a hug.
“Hey. Why you crying?” I gently asked her.
“It's just my-my boyfriend, Derek, got me hooked on you guys and he killed himself not too long ago and it just sucks that he can't see you all with me. I love him so much.” she sobbed. I had a flashback and thought of all of the times I had with Ashley. Good and bad. I realized how much I actually missed him. I realized that I just suppressed my feelings of guilt, shame, and grieving and just distracted myself. I've never really gotten over him after six years. Before I knew it, I was sobbing with her.
“I'm so sorry to hear that. It's so sad that that happened. He deserves to be here with us right now.” I cried and I hugged her tightly. That just made her cry even more.
“I know, Andy!” We both cried together for a little bit and I tried to collect myself.
“Okay. What's your name?” I asked her as I wiped her black tears.
“It's, uh, Cassie.” I smiled at her and she gave me a little smile back.
“I'm gonna remember you, Cassie. You're a nice kid.” She blushed. I asked for a marker and signed her arm and t-shirt and even took a picture with her. Before I walked away from her, though, I said, “ Tell Derek that I said hi.” Little did I know, I had spent all of my time with her and we had to leave before I could talk with anyone else, but it was worth it.
We all raced to the tour bus and screamed at the fans telling them that we love them. Then we made our way into the tour bus. Frankly, I didn't want to be in there. It was a very tense environment, actually.
“So, um....What's up guys?” I asked as we all sat on the bus. Jake nudged CC as if something were CC's fault.
“What CC?” I glared at him and je held up his hands as if surrendering.
“I may have accidentally told one of the fans that Jeremy was out of the band and they may have spread it to some other fans...” I immediately jumped up.
“What the fuck, CC. You're like a twelve year old girl! You can't even keep a secret for five minutes?” He flinched.
“I'm sorry, Andy. I didn't mean to!” I sat down and tried to calm myself.
“You're right! You didn't mean to. They had to find out some time, right? Yeah. Phew. Okay. Okay. We, we just need to find a new bass player ASAP.” Jinxx nodded.
“You're right, but we're filled with tour dates, Andy. We can't cancel all of those dates.” Jake bolted up.
“We'll hold auditions in the daytime! We'll have to sacrifice some sleeping and partying, but it has to be done.” We all like that idea.
“You're right. Okay. Let's do it!” We were officially on a search for a new bass player for Black Veil Brides.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like the first chapter?