Daydreamer

Chapter Two

Brendon

I stepped out into the hot Nevada air, the heat was unbearable, but I had no choice but to get use to it. I stared at our new home, it was a average two story house in an average suburban neighborhood. I glanced over to my uncle who was driving the Uhal truck with some of out things while a large truck came with out heaver and bigger furniture. "Let's go inside Bren." Mom said happily taking my hand and dragging me into the cool home. It was a pretty average home, nothing to extraordinary.

I headed back outside to help my uncle take out the boxes. As I was finishing up I couldn't shake off the feeling that someone was staring at me. I turned to the house to left, which was exactly like my house. My eyes scanned the house before falling on the top window where a boy was looking at me through his window. He noticed me staring and quickly disappeared.

"Brendon." My uncle said coming out the house. "Your cousin should be bringing your car up soon." he said with a smile. He took the box from my hands and gestured me to follow him into to the house. I glanced back to the house still not seeing the boy there, my uncle called me so I followed him into the air conditioned home.

Mu uncle stayed until my cousin came up with my car. I offered to do it myself considering it is my car, but my uncle said my mom could use the company considering she's slightly unstable right now. We left my dad and my sister back at home, they'll be coming a few weeks to a month or so. "Did you get your room yet Brendon?" My uncle said as he sat with my mom at the kitchen. I shook my head softly sipping at my ice cold water.

"Go find your room Bren." Mom said smiling.

I stood up and headed up the wooden stair case to the second level. I opened the first door finding a storage closet. I went to the next to room, a beautiful room with tons of windows and a window bench. There were built in bookcase and a door leading to the bathroom. I smiled lightly thinking of my sister, she would adore this room. There would be tons of space to store her books and that window seat would be good for her when she's to ill to go outside to read.

I stepped out the room closing the door behind me and opening the next door which was a much smaller room with only two windows. I stepped to my window and looked down to see the side of my house, but that wasn't what caught my eyes. It was the boy staring at me through his window. I smiled softly at him causing his eyes to grow wide before he closed his curtains disappearing again.

I headed back downstairs hearing a third voice that belongs to my cousin. I stepped into the kitchen and smiled at everyone, "The room with the window seat will be good for Eliza." I said. My uncle's eyes softened at the mention of her voice as well as my cousin's.

"I agree." My mom smiled.

A while later my uncle and cousin decided they should leave before it gets to dark, we said our goodbyes and I thanked my cousin for bringing my car over to me. About a few hours after they left it was beginning to get dark. I was sitting in the living room reading my journal when my mom came into the jointed kitchen. "Are you hungry Bren?" she asked looking through a phone book and holding her cell phone. "Does pizza sound good?"

I nodded and stood up walking over to my mom and setting the journal on the counter. I watched as she called the local pizza place constantly asking me what kind of pizza I wanted. Once she was done she dug through her purse pulling out a twenty and then another twenty. "Can you go buy some soda Bren and some brownies. I've been craving them lately." she laughed handing me the money. I nodded and took the money before grabbing my hoodie and car keys. "Make sure you get me a diet." mom called as I was stepping out the house.

I drove around town looking for a local grocery store. It took me a while but I found a Safeway parking and getting out. I headed into the brightly lit store and headed straight for the soda isle buying mom a diet coke and myself a regular coke. Then I went to the bakery and bought a tub of brownies before going to pay. I waited in line patiently my eyes scanning the magazine rack, I noticed a new issue of people magazine so I grabbed it and started reading it. "Hello." the cashier greeted breaking me away from the magazine. I set it one top of the brownies, I'll buy it for mom.

"Hi." I mumbled watching as the cashier scanned my items before putting them in bags.

"Are you new here?" he asked. I looked up to him, he had dark black hair falling over one of his eyes and eyeliner rimming his eyes. "I'm Pete." he said.

"Brendon." I said shaking his hand. "And yeah just moved her today." I said grabbing my bags and the cases of soda.

"Well welcome." he said flashing me a toothy grin. I smiles back before thanking him and leaving the store. Once I got home I pulled along side the house before stepping out the car and heading to the trunk where the stuff was at. I found myself glancing to my neighbor's house noticing the boy's window was lit. I smiled at the thought of the shy boy before heading inside to delivery my mom her items.
♠ ♠ ♠
...