Daydreamer

Chapter Six

I sat next to Pete at the skate park. We were sitting on the ramps our legs dangling down as we both passed around a blunt. People weren't skating right now, in fact hardly anyone skates here I noticed. "So why didn't you call last night?" Pete asked as he took the blunt from my hand.

"What am I your girlfriend?" I joked taking it back and taking a drag. I handed him back to him and stared at the busy street in front of us. "Besides my mom and I went to dinner with Ross." I said shrugging slightly.

Pete began to laughed and looked over to me like I said the funniest thing in the world. "Why?"

"Don't know but I won't ever do that again." I mumbled as thoughts of last night came flooding into my mind. But then I remembered falling asleep with Ryan next to me, comforting me and making me happy.

"Was his family a bunch of freaks, huh? Is his mom like a freak too and his dad. I bet they are." Pete mumbled.

"He only lives with his dad." I mumbled getting slightly annoyed.

"Freak." he muttered under his breath like Ryan was sitting right next to us. I rolled my eyes and hopped off the ramp. I grabbed my bag and started walking down the street. "See you tomorrow."

"Stay away from that freak." Pete called as I walked down the street. I walked back home pulling on my ear buds and listening to music.

Sometimes Pete just pisses me off. The way he spoke about Ryan, like he's some diseases or something. I got home and pushed open the door stepping into my air-conditioned home. I pulled off my ear buds and made my way to the kitchen instantly seeing Ryan sitting on a stool by the island. He was looking at something, "What are you doing here?" I asked staring at Ryan with a blank expression.

He looked up to me and I noticed his bruised face. I frowned and dropped my backpack and walked to Ryan moving the ice pack slightly to see his face. I frowned and ran my fingers over his bruises. "What happened?" I asked as I placed the ice pack back.

"Bullies." he shrugged and that when I noticed he wasn't even at school today. How the hell did he get beat up if he wasn't even at school.

"And where's my mom?" I asked as I cleaned his split lip.

"She said she'd be back but she's taking a while." Ryan mumbled softly.

"What ever doesn't matter, how are you feeling?" I asked as I finished cleaning him up.

"Sore." he sighed softly as I pulled away from him.

"Yeah probably, you aren't hurt from anywhere else are you?" I asked. Ryan shook his head so I nodded, "Let's go to my room then." I suggested watching as Ryan slowly got off the stool wincing in pain as he did so. He took a step froward but whimpered in pain and held onto his side.

"Sorry." He apologized as he stood up straighter.

"Don't apologize Ryan." I said smiling softly. "Going up the stairs might be hard for you." I said and picked him up bridal style in my arms. Ryan squeaked in surprise but let me carry him up the stairs none the less. It surprised me how light Ryan was, he weighted close to nothing.

As I was heading up the stairs my mom was coming down, "You helped Ryan?" she questioned holding a first aid kid.

"Yeah considering you didn't." I hissed getting slightly annoyed.

"I went looking for the first aid kit, it took forever to find." she said moving aside as I carried Ryan toward my room completely ignoring her. I pushed open my door with my foot before walking into the room and closing the door. I set Ryan on my bed and smiled down at him noticing he had fallen asleep.

I smiled and brushed his hair from his eyes letting my fingers trail down his cheek and jaw up to his lips. I pulled away though before I woke him up and deiced to read silently to myself so I won't wake up Ryan. I opened a book up and sat down at my chair before glancing to Ryan noticing how peaceful he looked.

I wonder what goes through his head sometimes.
♠ ♠ ♠
so i have the whole story planned out, and it's going to be a interesting one...