Fonder.

-x-

“She’s fucking cheating on you!”

“No, she fucking isn’t!”

Emma and Josh were both in each other’s faces, screaming with all of their might. Emma grunted loudly, shaking with anger. “The bitch is cheating on you! I fucking saw her with some other dude!”

Josh scoffed. “Just because she’s hanging out with another guy doesn’t mean she’s cheating on me!”

“It did the first time she cheated on your ass,” she replied, crossing her arms over her chest. She was so terribly pissed off at Josh for not believe her. “And the second time, too. Maybe you’re just too trusting of that stupid skank.” Josh’s face turned an unhealthy shade of red. She knew that she had drawn the line, but she couldn’t stand down now.

He was pissed to an extreme level. He was so ridiculously pissed because she was right, but he didn’t want to admit it. He knew Hanna had cheated before, but she had promised to clean up her act, and they had been perfectly fine and happy for the past four months. He didn’t want to believe that she had gone and cheated again.

“Yes, she’s cheated before, but we’re good now. She isn’t fucking cheating on me. How fucking dare you say anything like that about my girlfriend. I thought we were fucking friends, Emma,” Josh spat.

“Obviously we are, Joshua, that’s why I’m trying to help you and tell you that she’s a skank!” She said, full of frustration. She ran her hands through her hair and sighed heavily.

“She’s a skank?
You’re the skank here, Emma.”

She mouth literally dropped and she stared at him.
“Excuse me.”

“You fucking heard me, Emma,” Josh replied, getting dangerously close to her face. “All you fucking do is drink your arse off and whore around.” His voice was no longer shakily filled with rage, but cold and serious. Emma was taken aback, stunned by what her best friend of years had just said to her. His words cut deep and tears were threatening to form in her eyes. Her mind had slowed down, she wasn't sure what to say as a legitimate response. But, Josh was on a cold, terrible warpath, and he wasn’t done ripping her apart yet. “The past two summers, all you’ve done is get utterly smashed and try to sleep with everyone, and I’ve been trying to clean up your mess. And then, the second I finally find someone that I genuinely care about, you try to fuck it up.”

"No," she choked, suddenly flared with anger. "I am not trying to ruin your fucking relationship. Your stupid cunt of a girlfriend is doing that already. And I don't 'whore around', nor have I ever. Don’t you dare say that, Joshua."

He shook his head and let out a sarcastic laugh. "So when you tried sleeping with me and I turn you down, you weren't whoring around? Even though I had a girlfriend? Or when you turned around and you were sleeping with Matt? I guess that's not whoring around either?"

Tears escaped the corners of her eyes as she pinched the bridge of her nose. This argument wasn't what she wanted. "Matt and I were dating," she hissed. "I was completely intoxicated when I tried to sleep with you. I don't even remember it happening!"

Josh shook his head again, amused bitterly by her excuse. "You're pathetic, Emma. That was a shit excuse and you know it."

Her shoulders shook as her mind was so muddled that couldn’t think straight. She had never felt such a level of rage or dismay running through her body before. "Joshua," she said, her tone dangerous and angrier than he had ever heard it, "what the fuck do you want from me? Do you want to know the truth?" she exclaimed, but the more she spoke, the quieter her voice was. "About how I've loved you since we were little? Or about how I did everything I could to get you to see that? About how I broke my own heart loving you with nothing in return? Or what about all the times that I watched you torn up over some skank who cheated on you constantly? It tore me up watching you fall apart like that, Joshua.”

Josh said nothing, but his expression slowly changed from the harsh, cold look he had been giving her to an utterly confused one.

“What about how I desperately needed to move on and Matt liked me, so I said, ‘what the hell! Might as well go for it’ because I just wanted to feel like I was important to someone, because I sure as well wouldn’t ever be important to you! And Matt was so lovely and he genuinely cared about me, but I could never give him that back in return, because even though you never gave me a second thought, you were all that I've ever thought about." She pushed passed him and sat on the couch, before burying her face in her hands. “It’s funny, how I could love you but never love the guy that actually loved me...” Her voice was barely a whisper, but Josh had heard every word. Tears were streaming down her face.

"Emmie..." Josh murmured, feeling so absolutely guilty. He didn't know what to say or do at that moment. His head was exploding, his heart felt broken. He felt as if he was going to throw up at any given moment. It was the worst feeling he had ever felt. He felt like he'd let her down in every possible way that he could, especially at that moment, as she sat there in front of him and cried. "Jesus, Emmie..."

"Get out, Josh," Max said from the doorway of the living room. Max ran a hand through his shaggy black hair. He had told himself he would stay out of their dispute, but he knew he had to step in before Josh starting burning more bridges.

"But..."

"You need to leave. Right now," Max said, more sternly. And when Josh didn’t budge from his spot, Max hissed a, “Get the fuck out now, Franceschi, or you’re going to fucking regret it.”

Josh looked at Emma once more before sighing. He said nothing as he stood up from the couch and walked passed Max. He left the apartment, leaving behind nothing but a loud slam to the door.