Status: finally done this oops

Why Should We Fight the Feeling?

Finally, - One.

I've been driving for 45 minutes now, and I was getting anxious. I was finally getting to meet Amber. We've been talking for over a year now, and I had been dying to meet her, but the distance is difficult. We only live about an hour away from each other, but it's still tough. For the longest time, she had been shy. Shy about everything- from her looks to her name. Then one day, she suddenly became comfortable. After talking about it, we decided that we should finally meet up. We agreed to meet up just outside of her city.

I had arrived at the arranged meeting place, a field with a large windmill in it, at about 3. I waited patiently at the windmill for Amber. She said she'd meet me here at 3:30, and I hope she wasn't bullshitting me.

I decided to play games on my phone until 3:30. I played a few runs of Temple Run to kill the time I still had to wait. I was in the middle of a run when I felt someone standing over me. I scoffed, thinking it was a farmer about to kick me off his lot, and that Amber had given me a false meet up place.

I was wrong.

“Dylan?” I heard a shy, trembling voice ask. I looked up, and saw the most beautiful girl I have ever laid eyes on.

“Amber?” I sprung up so fast I felt a head rush coming on. I was stunned; she was stunning. As soon as I could see straight, I pulled her into the biggest hug I had ever given anyone. It felt so right, to hold her in my arms. I had been longing for this moment for so long, finally getting to hold her was the best feeling ever.

After what felt like hours, but was just merely seconds, I finally let go. I couldn't stop smiling, I was so happy.

“Hi.” I said through a giant smile.

“Hi.” She said, grinning from ear to ear. Damn, her smile was beautiful.

“Want to go for a walk?” I asked, looking at her, head to toe.

“Sure!” She replied, as I motioned for her to follow me.

We headed down this path that lead to a creek. We walked alongside the water, silently. It was awkward at first, but we slowly started getting comfortable around each other. This wasn't like the many times we had talked on the phone before, this was different. I was afraid I was going to make a fool of myself in front of Amber, or make her not like me. Honestly, I was scared.

“I can't believe this is happening.” I said, turning to her, smiling.

“Neither can I.” She said, stopping.

“You didn't tell me that you were so beautiful.” I watched as a slight blush crept onto her face. “Awe, babe, you're blushing, don't.”

“I can't help it when you say lies like that, though.” She replied, blushing even more. She turned her face away to hide it, but I quickly reached out and grabbed it with both hands.

“Amber, listen to me,” I started, gazing into her beautiful brown eyes. “You're the most beautiful girl I've ever met. I would never lie to you, ever.” I watched her, as she smiled crazily.

“Stop it, Dylan, you're making me blush.” She tried to pull away from me but I held on tightly.

“But you're so cute when you blush, babe,” I replied. “Now c'mon, let's go sit by the creek.” We walked down the creek bed before we found a nice ledge to sit on. It was nice and grassy, about waist high from where we were standing. I climbed up first, so I could help Amber up. I reached out and grabbed her hand. Once I pulled her up, I didn't let go of her hand.

We walked over and sat on the ledge, our feet dangling above the water, our toes just skimming the surface. From where we were, we could see the horizon perfectly. It was getting close to sunset, and I checked my phone; it read 5:53pm.

Wow time sure does fly when you're with someone you like, I guess.

“You sure your mom is okay with you staying out so far, so late?” I asked Amber.

“Yea, at least I think she is?” She answered, laughing. Man, her laugh was so cute, I couldn't help but laugh along with her.

“Ah, alright, as along as she knows.” I said after a few moments. We sat there in silence for a few moments, taking in the falling sun.

I hadn't watched a sunset in years; it was nice to finally watch one again.

“This sunset is the second most beautiful thing I've ever seen.” I said, turning my attention to Amber. She gave me this 'Are you kidding me' look.

“And what's the first?” She asked.

“You.”

“Oh my god, stop it!” She exclaimed, punching my arm lightly.

“What?” I questioned.

“That's so cliché!” She chuckled.

“Well what can I say? I'm a cliché kind of guy!” I replied. I scooted over and wrapped my arm around her shoulder. I felt her head rest against the crook of my neck. It felt perfect; I never wanted to move from this spot.

“I like this.” Amber spoke after a bit of us sitting in silence.

“What, the sunset?” I asked her.

“No,” She started before moving away a bit. “Us. Us sitting here together, finally. After so long. I like it. A lot.” I looked at her.

“I like it, too.”

She felt the same as I did. I was relieved. I was scared that she wasn't going to like me as much as I did her, but I guess I worried for nothing.

I smiled at her, just before I leaned in and kissed her. The feeling I got when our lips met was euphoric. It was something I had surely been waiting for for a long, long time.

“What about that, did you like that, too?” I asked her after I pulled away.

She looked up at me, with the biggest grin on her face.

“Yea, I did.” She answered, as she leaned in and kissed me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok so yea this is my first attempt at an original fiction. it's a one-shot cus that's what Im good at. oops lmao. but yea it's not the best but it was slightly rushed aha.

I hope you enjoyed!