Welcome to My Hell

Forgiveness is possible

The inside of my throat felt like I swallowed glass as I tried to breathe once I awakened from the same position I was in as I slept on my floor with my back against the wooden door. My eyes squinted to the seeping light that poured out of the tiny spaces from the curtains. The back of my neck pulsed as I lifted up my head. From all the screaming and crying last night I felt like I’ve been choked and beaten to sleep in the after math. In the creases of my fist were dried blood stains from the doors wooden shards. A clicking noise from the opposite side of my door echoed through the halls following footsteps right behind it. The noise crowded the silence and disappeared as soon as it reached outside my door. A thud pressed against my back, hearing material slide against the surface.

“Are you awake?” Tom said with his head rested on the other side.

I refused to give him any type of answer and continued to swallow my spit to help refresh my dried cracked throat. A soft sigh escaped from his lips able for my ears to catch as if the walls were talking to me on the inside. “Do you really want to know what you are to me?” My back fired up as I heard those words come from his mouth. I waited him out to see if he really was going to finish the explanation I wanted last night.

“Kat, the truth is…you are everything to me. The question I ask myself is what exactly everything is.

It seems like I can’t even give that answer to you even though you deserve every answer in the book. When you are around I feel like I am home and no one has ever made me feel that way before in my entire life. That night I should’ve been there…I let some memory get in the way from protecting you ad that’s something I can’t take back. I can’t take back the pain I’ve put you through, but I can try to make it better…I don’t want anything to happen to you so for now on I promise to protect you to the end until you want nothing to do with my existence.”

“Kat?” Tom shouted to grab my attention.

I still grew mute as I continued to still calculate the information that was inserted into my brain. Tom rose from the bottom edge of the door and started to walk off. Immediately I hopped onto the bases of my feet and shouted through the door, “why are you doing this to me!?”
I felt victorious as I heard him come back to the door. “Do what?”

“This…pretending that you have some type of feelings for me, but you don’t.”

“Everything I say is nothing but the truth Kat! That’s your problem there, negligence!” Tom shouted back.

“Whoa whoa, negligence! Negligence is what you showed last night when you went off with that whore leaving me to the wolves!”

Silence caked the walls leaving Tom dumfounded. “I know the mistake I made; I know that the paths I always choose aren’t always the smart ones, but one I will never ever regret is choosing to have you here with me.” Suddenly, the door lock clicked and the door knob turned. Stepping back a couple of steps away I watched the door swing open with a depressed expression imagery of Tom’s face in my view. “I don’t ever expect you to forgive me, but I promise to try and make it right as a friend.”

Walking towards the slouched Tom I gently stroke his cold cheek. “That’s all I ever wanted Tom, is for you to try.” As he lifted his head up while my hand guided along we both stared into each other’s eyes. Our noses started to touch as our lips were about to connect as well. Before he leaned in the rest of the travel I balled up my free hand and bolted it into his stomach as hard as I could. Poor Tom fell to the floor in a fetal position clutching his stomach. I stood over him with my hands placed on the curves of my hips staring him down.

“What the fuck was that for?!” Tom yelled as he tried to gasp for air.
I kneel down to his side to lead my lips inches away from his ear, “That’s for locking me in that damn room.”

“Okay…I deserve that.”

A small smirk spread across my caramel toned face looking down at the chuckling Tom. I lend out my hand to assist him to get back up on his toes. We both stood up onto the balls of our feet and started to laugh. Tom grabbed my hand into his to stroke my knuckles playfully, “you know for a girl, you hit like a true man.” I laughed at his statement and winked my long eyelash at him teasingly. Still holding my hand he led me to the living room where we sat down next to each other staring at walls. Now that I feel a lot better to know that I am wanted here with him I actually felt like I am home. Tom, still never disconnected from my hand, began to examine the wounds I made from last night battling with the chaffed door. He leaned his head down towards both of my hands and kissed them gently. “I’m sorry.”

A strong knock on the door interrupted the words to seep from the edges of my lips. Tom let out a sigh as if he knew who the visitor was at the door. The unhappy Tom got up from the couch and began to head towards the main entrance of the house. Reaching for the smooth knob he opened it slowly showing the mystery guest on the other side; it was Bill. Bill walked in as Tom allowed the bastard without a peep. I felt the blood rush to my face as it boiled my flesh to a rosy red coloration. I jolted up from my imprinted seat before he came any closer to me.

“Please, wait Katerina…I came to apologize for my actions last night. I was drunk and you were there smoke and hot and…”

“Uh Hum!” Tom blocked the rest of the idiotic words that were going to flow out.

Bill looked at Tom realizing what he was going to do and quickly rephrase his words. “I mean…I never wanted to do that to you, not like I wouldn’t be interested but…well…can I just go straight to the point and say I’m sorry? All this apologizing is causing the chunks to come up from my stomach.”
Tom shoved his shoulder which caused his body to shift his whole weight to his leg where he was shot at from last night. He groaned as he stared at Tom like an angry bulldog. “You sure it isn’t the alcohol that is making you want to blow chunks dear brother?” Tom smirked at Bill teasingly as he walked to my side holding my hand. “Now look Bill all of what happened last night will never be brought up again. No jokes, no remember when that time shit; nothing. Kat is part of us now so everyone including you has to except it.”

Rough blows of heavy breathing sipped out of my nose as I couldn’t stand looking at Bill, but Tom was right. Shit happened and what’s in the past is in the past. I relaxed my shoulders a bit to show both of them that I’ve calmed down enough to not want to go over there and stab him in the neck. Flipping the extra strands of hair from my face, “Whatever I need to do to prove to you that I am worthy joining you guys I’ll do it, but so help me god if you pull something like this again…the next bullet you would need to worry about is mine not Georg’s or Tom’s.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you really think Bill deserves forgiveness?