Welcome to My Hell

Empty Glasses

Feeling the dry cracks that were forming on the creases of each of my fingers, I began to serve drinks as I entered the polluted clouds of toxic mist. Rings of the glasses quickly form together making my ears ring as the air started to fill with conversations. It’s been a couple of weeks since I have brunt myself to this place. Being here for a while got me used to the smoke filling my lungs, addicting me to take on the bad habits myself. Everyone that questioned my existence now accepted my being by shouting the pleasure of my name as I pour the chilled foam alcohol into the hollow clear cylinders. Within a couple of weeks my life has changed miraculously. Everyone one I’ve knew were erased forever from my life and replaced by strangers who we babysat as they drowned their sorrows by shoving down the acid trailing to their stomachs.

The heart that I once had was switched with a black hole that sucked all of my feelings. Of course somewhere stuck in my brain, people would torcher me day by day as I see them sickly laugh in merriment with their loved ones. After I served the last glass to a long gray bearded biker, I gave off a fake smile and marched to the edges of the bar. The petite blonde that gave me an opportunity of survival name is Trinity. On the corner of my eye I sighted an empty seat and plopped my body onto the leather red plush the turned my body in front of her.

“I need to take a five…my feet are killing me.”

As she tossed the liquid filled bottles as if she was performing a circus show, she poured the two as a mixture into a used to empty glass. “Okay sweetie…do you want a drink.”
Do I want a drink? A drink sounded heavenly right now; the demons from the memories of what it seems like just yesterday poked at my soul. A drink was a cheated way of me to soak all of my feelings up like a sponge and escape out from the wastes that will flow from my mouth, while hugging the round toilet seat for dear life.

“Matter of fact Trinity…yea I do…I need as much as I can get.”

I’ve never told her what I’ve been through, and she never asked. Instead of questioning, she grabbed four shot glasses and poured the icy clear acid into the 4 inch chambers. The glasses lined up perfect for me to take one by one with meaning. Four all stood for four sorrows that burned inside of me. One; dealing with a piece of shit guy that made my life a living hell, two; quitting a job that was cause by force, three; meeting someone that could actually be a help in this situation, but turns out I fucked a psycho, and four; watching the only family I had brutally murdered before my very eyes. Oh this was the life for me.

Pouring down the scratches of my throat, I could feel the poison burn down to the center core of my chest. As more drinks disappeared, more drinks appeared for me to down. All the noise that pierced the sweet pounds of headaches suddenly became quite. I couldn’t tell that the drinking caused me to go deaf or everyone just disappeared in thin air. Both of my hands gripped the edges of the polished handles of the bar table. Forcing my head up to search for Trinity, all I could see is the big blur of a blonde with terrified eyes.

“Katerina?!”

Corresponding my body with the help of the turning seat, I face a blurred man with long fair brown hair. “Georg…heeey…you…you foouuund me…good for you.” The sounds that hanged on the tips on my tongue made me giggle in the process as I compellingly cover my mouth with the both of my hands. Since I let go of the only stable of balance I had, I started to lean slowly to the right of an empty seat.

“Whoa…whoa Kat…hold on I’ll be back.”

Faint pit pat sounds played a melody in my head as I sang to myself of a random song in my head. I could feel my hands clap together as illusion of beats played around me.

“Sweetie…come on…I need to get you out of here while you still can…okay?

Trinity wrapped my arm around her shoulder as she pushed my hung unaware body onto the half-way point of her back. I could feel the dragging of my feet bump the dips of the tile as she dragged me to the other side of the bar until a crashing sound of the front door made my body still. Trinity wasn’t moving an inch as she knew that her situation was only getting worse.

“Hey…where the fuck you think you going you skinny bitch?!”

From the ringing that buzzed into the tunnels of my ears, I still recognized that voice.

“To…Tom?”

My slurring speech caused me to go out of breath as I tried to push out his name. Still facing
the chipped white wall from Trinity still had me; I started to stare up at the whirls of the ceiling fans. The lights dimmed slowly as I watch the fans compete against each other as they spun around and around. Then the ceiling’s patterns started to move and my body tensed up from the pressure that settled onto the gap ways under my arms and my legs. I was getting carried out the bar. Moving my head slightly, I can see Trinity disappear farther away as I got carried to the door. No matter how drunk I was, I could see the fear in her eyes as I got taken away from her grip till there was no more of her face. Thrashing headaches caused the groans of pain as I gripped the surface of my clammy forehead.

I knew that surroundings around me changed instantly as I smelled fresh leaves other than collided smoke that clogged the pipes of my throat. One body passed me to the front and the person who cradled met carried me to a dark vehicle. No longer that I felt the unknown pressure of my body, but felt the cotton fibers form to my skin. Two mutual sounds of doors slamming made me turn my head to the middle of the entry way of light between the two passengers. Suddenly, I could see the familiar colors of green and red pour into the pitch black cover that swallowed the interior of the car. The orbs of light made me even dizzier till the sharp pains in my stomach started to form.

“Pull over.” I murmured as I catch the close waste start to form in my throat.

“PULL OVER!!”

Whoever was driving quickly pulled to the side and came to a complete halt. Jerking the cold chrome handle, I force it open and throw my head out, making all of the sickness pour to the dirt ground. Three splatters of waste trailed out my mouth till the torture was finally over. Bouncing of the vehicle made my body scurry back while closing the door back the way it was. Some of the toxic was out of my body, but I still felt a buzz. I pulled my torso up and glued my back to the seat. One less body was in the front of the car so when I turned slightly to my right, the missing person was right next to me. Tom looked at me worried as hell as if he was surprised to see me alive.

Georg…drop us off at my house…she needs some rest. Kat…we are going home.”

Words didn’t exist to me right now as I looked blankly into his big brown eyes. So many emotions wanted to come out when I was finally relieved that Tom came for me. All I could do was lean my head onto the start of his shoulder and close my eyes in relaxation. I could feel the trails of his fingers brush my hair softly, encouraging me to fall asleep.