Status: New Story! Let me know what you think (:

Anonymous

.2.

"Cheer up, Jai."

"No," I pouted. I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I'll buy you ice cream."

"Ice cream is for winners."

"You guys won the game."

"I feel like a loser." It was right after my softball game. Niall and I were both gross and sweaty from our respective sports. I play left centerfield and today was the first time I actually caught a fly ball. Was my mom there to see it? Nope. My brother? Nope. Aren't we one big, happy family? Niall, however, true to his word, was here. He seems to be the only person I can count on nowadays.

"I just want to go home. Actually... no... can I come over?" I plead.

"Uh... well... some of the lads were actually coming round mine later. If you don't mind..."

"I don't care," I spoke quickly, "I just really, really don't want to go home right now." Niall nodded and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"You smell," I said. He laughed and just pulled me closer.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Clean and dressed in some of Niall's old clothes, I was lounging on the couch flipping through the channels on the television. Niall's soccer mates were sure to be arriving soon.

"Jaice, love! Can you set out some food? I'm gonna take a shower," Niall called from upstairs. I rolled my eyes. Of course he wanted me to put food out. Better I do it than him; there'd be no food if he did it. I reluctantly got off the couch. I stretched my arms above my head, hearing a satisfying crack. I walked into the kitchen and looked through the cabinet. Looks like we're gonna be having chips and dip. How does Niall's mom manage to feed him? I pull down a big bowl and pour the chips into it. Just as I'm putting the dip in a seperate bowl, the doorbell rings.

"Babe, can you get that?" Niall calls. I roll my eyes again. You'd think I was the one that lived here or something. I picked up the chips and dip and carried them into the living room. I set them down on the table in front of the TV, then went to answer the door.

"Niall!" Louis yelled. He quirked his head to the side when he noticed it wasn't Niall, "Not Niall."

"Definitely not Niall," I said as I stepped out of the way. Louis, Harry and three other members of the soccer team filed past me.

"Where is Niall?" Drew, I think that was his name, said.

"Here I am!" Niall came bounding down the stairs. The guys all cheered at his sudden arrival. I tried to slink past them all into the kitchen but Niall grabbed my arm.

"Where do you think you're going" he asked me. Think of an excuse... think of an excuse...

"Uhhh... to get some drinks?" I said unconvincingly. Niall released my arm and nodded. I practically flew into the kitchen. I don't know why I thought it would be a good idea to be here when all his soccer buddies were. I opened the fridge and pulled out a six-pack of Coke and Sprite.

"Need any help?" I jumped, nearly dropping the cans of soda. That could've been disastrous. I set them on the counter and glared at Louis.

"Christ, Louis," I exclaimed, "You nearly gave me a heart attack!"

"Sorry," he smirked, "Just thought you might need some help." I blushed slightly, "Th-thanks." I handed him one of the six-packs. He started to walk away then stopped. He quickly turned back around and stepped towards me. I backed up against the counter out of instinct. I was not used to being in close proximity to Louis Tomlinson.

"There's.." he started slowly, "Nothing going on between you and Niall...is there?" My jaw dropped.

"WHAT!? Why the hell would you think that?!" He looks me up and down. All my brain processed was that Louis checked me out.

"You are wearing his clothes, babe," he smirks. I gulp, "I-I didn't go home after my game. He just lent me these. Nothing's... no. He's practically my brother. He'd tell you the same. Why do you even want to know?" Louis' smirk widened. His blue eyes just stared into my hazel. I was feeling mildly uncomfortable.

"No reason," he finally answered. Smirk still in place on his face. He gave me one last look before leaving me alone in the kitchen.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

"NIALL JAMES! YOU PUT ME DOWN NOW!" I screamed. Niall just laughed as he inched closer and closer to the pool. Louis and Harry, the only boys left from the team, were cheering him on. I did my best, as any person in mid-air could, to squirm out of his grasp. I locked my hands around Niall's neck.

"if I go down, you're going down with me," I proclaimed. Niall froze.

"Now where's the fun in that?" he asked. He reluctantly put me down. I straightened my clothes and walked back to the patio equipment. I took a seat at the table next to Harry. Niall sat between myself and Louis.

"What to do now." Louis asked. He had a mischievous glint in his eye.

"no, Lou," Harry said, "No prank calls."

"Aw! Come on, Haz!" Louis pouted. Harry looked at him sternly and shook his head. Louis sat back in the chair and pouted. Harry turned to Niall and smiled smally, "It's late. We should get going anyway. Thanks for having us over."

"Anytime, man," Niall smiled. We all stood and walked to the back gate. Niall gave Harry and Louis both hugs. I stood behind him awkwardly.

"It was nice hanging with you tonight, Jaice," Harry smiled. I looked up into his green eyes in surprise. I still wasn't used to them talking to me.

"Yea," Louis agreed, "We'll have to do it again sometime." And then he winked at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a short little filler. Got a little Lou and Harry action going. And some family neglect. Which may or may not play a bigger part in the story. I'm throwing a lot of ideas around... I know where I want this story to go, I just don't know how I'm going to get there. Please comment! I love reading them (: