Status: New Story! Let me know what you think (:

Anonymous

.3.

I am soaked. Why am I soaked? Because my lab partner is a clumsy idiot. I just asked him to get a cup of water and he trips over his own feet. Thus throwing the cup in the air. I must be a magnet for disaster cause all of it landed on me. I swear everything but me is dry.

"I am so sorry!" Liam apologizes for what seems to be the millionth time. I shut my eyes and let out a deep breath. Don't get angry. He didn't do it on purpose. Calm down.

"It's fine, Liam," I say through gritted teeth. I take a step forward to get some paper towels and am instantly on the floor. In pain. Guess Liam isn't the only clumsy one.

"Oh my God! Are you okay!?" Liam is now in panic mode. I sit up slowly. I was not okay. I landed pretty hard on my leg, slipping in this freaking water. I looked up and noticed the whole class was surrounding me. I did not like this one bit. I'm not one to draw attention to myself however.

"I'll be fine," I mumble. I try to stand up, and immediately start falling back down. I feel some strong arms catch me before I land on the ground again.

"Whoa! Be careful there," a deep voice says. I glance up and my face turns bright red when I realize it was Harry Styles that caught me. He helps me to my feet and wraps an arm around my waist.

"Mr. Styles... why don't you and Mr. Payne take Ms. Levins to the nurse," our teacher Mr. Burnham said. He sounded slightly annoyed. I'm not surprised. We never get anything done in this class.

"I... I think I can manage," I stammer.

"Doubtful," Harry chuckles, "From the way you fell, it looks like you may have sprained your ankle." I felt my cheeks grow darker. Liam gathers up my belongings and Harry helps me limp my way out the door.

"This is just great," I mumble. I don't think I could get any more embarrassed at this point.

"You're on the softball team, right?" Harry asks me suddenly. I glance at him in shock, "Uhm...yea. Why?"

"Don't you have a game tomorrow?" he smirks. I wasn't understanding what he was getting at.

"Oh no!" Liam exclaims, "I am so sorry, Jaice! What if it's broken! You won't be able to play for the rest of the season. Oh my gosh, I wouldn't be able to live with myself." I rolled my eyes. Finally realizing where Harry had been going with his question.

"I'm fine, Li. It's not broken. I can manage a softball game on a sprained ankle."

"That might not be the best idea," Harry says. His arm tightens around my waist.

"Hey Liam, I've got it from here. Just give me her things and you can head back to class."

"Y-you sure?" Liam glances over at me with worry-filled eyes. his panic was starting to affect me. The quicker he got out of here, the better.

"I'm fine, Li," I say in a softer voice than before, "Thank you for all your help."

"I-I can get you a change of clothes or something," he protests.

"My locker is on the way," I smile slightly, "I can grab something from my gym bag. But thank you. Really." He nods slowly and hands my bag to Harry.

"Thanks a lot, Liam!" Harry smiles. We continue down the hallway. We stop briefly at my locker so I can get a change of clothes. The good thing about playing a sport is you always have an extra set of clothes at the school. Comes in handy during emergencies, such as this one. We stopped at the restrooms so I could change.

"You need help in there?" Harry asked cheekily.

"N-no," i blushed deeply and limped my way into the bathroom. I limp my way into the handicap stall. I lock the door then back up and lean against the wall. I let out a breath I didn't know I'd been holding. I quickly changed clothes. I really was not used to this attention. Especially not from Harry. I bet Niall said something. It's the only thing that makes sense. They're his friends, not mine. They never used to pay me the time of day. Until recently.

I don't mind the attention. It's just not something I'm used to. Therefore, I have no idea how to react properly to it. I heard a knock on the door then a slight creak.

"Jaice? You alright in there?" Harry's concerned voice asked. I then realized I'd just been standing here staring at the door. I shook my head, snapping myself out of my daydreams. I bent down to gather my clothes, then made my way out of the stall.

"Yea, I'm--ow!" I managed to catch my hurt ankle on the stall. Don't ask me how. I'm not even sure. Next thing I knew, however, was Harry was once again right by my side.

"If you needed help," he said softly, "All you had to do was ask."

"You're not supposed to be in here." Smooth move by Jaice. Harry smiled slightly. He wrapped his arm around my waist again and helped me out the bathroom. Luckily, when we walked out, no one was in the hall. That would've stirred up some rumors. We continued on our way to the nurse. Honestly they should have two nurse's stations. One on one end of the school and another on the other. It would make life so much easier, and this trip so much shorter.

"Harry?" Harry stopped in his tracks at the sound of his name, causing me to stagger. Louis was walking towards us with a huge grin on his face. He had someone I didn't recognize with him as well.

"Louis!" Harry smiled, "Shouldn't you be in class, mate? Skipping again?" Louis feigned shock, "What? Me, skip? Never! I'm showing around my new friend, Zayn."

"Wait! I do know you!" I said aloud. Then blushed cause I didn't mean to say it out loud. All eyes fell on me. Zayn looked slightly startled. Louis was staring at Harry's arm around my waist.

"well, hello there, Jaice," Louis smirked, "You and Harry seem to have gotten...close." My blush deepened.

"I'm sorry," Zayn interrupted, "But have we met?" Now was the moment I was going to embarass myself yet again.

"W-Well.. not officially," I stuttered, "You moved in next to me a while ago." Zayn's forehead creased in confusion, then the light bulb went off.

"Oh! I remember. You had on roller blades and were trying to go up your driveway and fell backwards." That would be how he remembered me. I laughed uneasily, "Yup. That was me..."

"You're very clumsy, aren't you?" Harry smirked. I shut my eyes and tried to shake away the embarrassment.

"Can we just... just take me to the nurse. My ankle is starting to throb."

"Oh! Right! I'll catch up with you later, Louis. Nice meeting you, Zayn." Zayn's hazel eyes followed as we walked around them. I swear I could still feel them on me when we turned the corner.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

"What did you do?" a strong Irish accent accused.

"Me?" harry protested, "It's all her. She slipped in water. She's lucky I was there to catch her or else she'd have a cracked skull as well." I forgot Niall was a student aide for the nurse. As soon as he saw us, his smile dropped and questions started flying.

"Niall," I sighed, "I'm fine."

"You are not 'fine.' Look at how swollen this is. You're not playing tomorrow. You know that, right?"

"What?! I'm fine! I can play!"

"No," Niall said sternly, "I'm not going to let you hurt yourself worse just because you're stubborn. Stop moving so I can fix this!" I leaned back in the chair and pouted.

"You two really are like siblings," Harry chuckled. I blushed again. i'd been doing that way too much today. Niall caught my eye and smirked. i didn't like that look. I looke away from him, frowning slightly. I caught Harry staring at me. He held my gaze a little longer, before looking away, smiling.

"I'm going to head back to class," he stated, "I bet Liam is seconds away from a heart attack. I should let him know you're okay."

"Thank you," I said before he was fully out the door, "For dragging me here." Harry's smile grew slightly, "Anytime." Niall finished bandaging my ankle and sat back on his heels. He looked at me, with that smirk still on his face.

"He likes you," he said. I swear my eyes bulged out mof my skull, "What!? He does not!"

"If you say so," Niall singsonged. Then laughed. That leprechaun was up to something. I didn't like it one bit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter! What do you think? All the boys have been introduced. OoOoOoO wha'ts gonna happen? Honestly... i have no clue.