‹ Prequel: The Weight of Love
Status: In progress if people still want it!

Tipping the Scales 1

Olive the other Reindeer

So I was reading this frerard the other day and the plot and everything was great but the writing was fucking terrible. So if my writing is fucking terrible and I just don't see it for some reason, someone please tell me or just shoot me in the head or something, please. omfg.

This wasn't MEANT to be a filler chapter but it would have gotten extraordinarily long if I hadn't cut it off! There will be more soon!

Mikey went back home once they finished their project, he offered Frank a ride and when Frank said he'd probably go over in his truck later Mikey just gave a smug Mikey Way grin and poked Frank in the side, saying; "Yeah, you probably can't fit in my car anymore anyways."
Frank gaped at him as he put on his stupid trench coat thing and pulled the collar all the way up to his stupidly defined cheekbones.
"GERARD fits in your car!" Mikey smirked and opened the door, mumbling out, "You might end up bigger than Gerard, Frankie." and slammed the door to Frank's apartment shut before Frank even had a chance to close his mouth.

Since it was Mikey part of him just found it amusing, they always teased at each other, it was just what they did. But he was being so stupidly sensitive about his weight that he kind of felt like shit after that and went and sat down on the bed in the other room. He shifted around uncomfortably when he felt all his little fat rolls pile up. He sighed and pulled his phone from the charger on the beside table.

Frank hit the call button beside Gerard's name and picture and then thought better of it. He ended the call before it even had the chance to connect and started a text to him instead.

'I have something for you, please know that I'm sorry, Gerard and Im going to make this up to you if youll let me'

Frank hummed to himself, finding the message shitty but not knowing how to go about revising it. He sighed and sent the message, and busied himself by taking a piss and then having a cigarette before going back to his phone.

He rolled his eyes at the reply, grabbed the ring (carefully thumbing it back into its box), the project, Mikey's Christmas Gift, and his keys and practically ran out the door.
He got all the way down the apartment stairs before he realized he hadn't locked it and hey, its Jersey, so he jogged back up the stairs (ok and maybe it completely fucking winded him like he just ran a marathon but that's not to be mentioned) and locked the door.

---------

Gerard sat on the couch in his parent's living room, he and his dad were eating popcorn straight out of the barrel sized christmas tin with Frosty The Snowman on the side. His mother walked into the room and seemed to visibly fluff up at the sight. Gerard sighed bitterly, he didn't want to be there any more than she wanted him there.
"Honestly, Donald, don't encourage his eating habits." She scolded her husband, whipping a dish towel out of nowhere and smacking Gerard's chubby hand with it.
Donald Way looked at his wife with an expression that could only be considered confused, he looked to his son, back to his wife. He reached in the popcorn tin again. "A boy's gotta eat, Donna." he said, in such a good natured voice that Gerard could do nothing but smile and his mother could do nothing but leave the room. Gerard was still grinning when Mikey (and quite a bit of snow) all but flew in through the front door.
Gerard peered at him. When had Mikey even left?
"Gee, come here." Had it been anyone other than Mikey Way it would have been a call, but since it was Mikey it was more like a hardly audible, yet very expectant, mumble.

Gerard hefted himself up from the couch, only just barely, and attempted to fix his pants so they weren't sticking to every centimeter of his fat thighs. It didn't work.
He sighed and waddled over to Mikey. His brother led him into the hallway where he proceeded to do nothing but smirk at him until Gerard caught on that he had crumbs all over his face. He wiped at them, half-annoyed and asked Mikey what the hell he wanted because Olive the Other Reindeer the Christmas special was on tv and he wanted to watch it before dad changed the fucking channel.
"I went and saw your stupid boyfriend." Gerard wasn't surprised. He waited for his brother to continue.
"He's really sorry, and he's really stupid, and he's really upset and he might be coming over." Gerard stared at him, slack jawed.
"What the fuck, Mikey! I don't want him over! I'm pissed!" Mikey rolled his eyes and Gerard was suddenly annoyed at the way that Mikey felt it was ok to stick his nose in Gerard's business constantly. Gerard heaved a sigh and attempted to cross his arms over his flabby chest. He suddenly felt huge compared to little Mikey, standing there squished together in the hallway they had known since they were both tiny. Gerard sighed again.
"You know you two were meant to be together, I've never seen anything more obvious." Mikey said suddenly, Gerard's eyes snapped from the carpet up to Mikey's face, shocked, but Mikey was simply readjusting his glasses as though he hadn't said anything at all, and with that Mikey walked away and sat on the couch.
Gerard took a minute, staring at the plain, white wall in front of him to consider this. How could Mikey know who Gerard was meant to be with? Was it really obvious? Or was Frank the only one who WOULD be with him? Gerard sighed again, wondering if he should just go laze around in the basement, since his parents hadn't changed anything since he moved out, when suddenly his phone vibrated in the pocket of his jacket. He fumbled around, nearly dropped it, bumped into the wall bending down to pick it up and then nearly fell over while bending down. He huffed, annoyed, when he checked his messages. It was Frank.

He felt the corners of his mouth ready to rise in a smile but he stopped them. It wasn't that simple. He wasn't going to let Frank simply apologize and then go running back to him, only to hear Frank talk about how ugly being fat made people again, or to have him get pissed and forceful in bed for no apparent reason and then try to smooth it all over with some bullshit excuse.
He did want to marry Frank....but he needed to stand his ground or he was pretty sure it would only get worse. He sent Frank a text saying simply; "You better do something pretty fucking special while I'm still willing to give you a chance."
He went and sat on the couch with his brother, it was getting to be more than a tight squeeze, but the closeness didn't bother either of them.

About twenty minutes later the door bell rang.
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah, sorry about the length and the way it seems kind of like a filler! I'm working on a few other frerards, including an mpreg. If you don't like that well I don't give a fuck because I do ~
Anyways, more will be up soon of this story, my other frerard, and my new mpreg frerard! Please just give it a shot, and comment or favorite this if you like it enough for me to give it a decent ending and whatnot~
Thanks for reading guys.
<3
-L