Crossroads

Max's Domain

Two more band players- Jared and Kennedy- showed up at the flat and it wasn't long before they left whilst Esther had been in the shower, finishing off what she had started. When she returned to the livingroom, wearing clothes meant for her which had been left behind on the sofa, she felt like a mut being left behind in a lonely, scary place.

Whilst sat on the sofa, fearing that she might blow something up by touching it, she sat hugging her legs staring into the emptiness. The time had finally struck two PM and she was beginning to grow thirsty so she wondered into the kitchen, took a glass from the cupboard and poured herself some water- the only thing she knew that didn't require a machine.

As she leaned against the sink, glancing over the peaceful neighbourhood beyond the crystal clear windows, she noticed a empty house which had over grown garden and a smashed window from a group vandalism which was pathetically carried out. It was the perfect place for a ghost to be seen.

Maybe that was what she saw. A black figure stood on at the top window, staring at her, but after she glanced away, the figure was gone. She felt fear as she stared at the figure and moved away from the window, swiftly, and made her way to the sofa. However, she couldn't help the urge to leave the flat and enter the world far different from her own.

She slipped on a pair of ballerina shoes that were also left behind and made her way to the door. Once outside she gradually made her way out into the fresh air, the overbearing birght light, and the smell of freshly cut grass and the barbaque which had started only a few minutes ago at exactly noon.

The quietness of the neighbourhood soon turned into busy shopping central. Large brand names she hardly knew about and women who dressed in a fashion she would call disastorous. She didn't fit in with her rugged black skinny jeans, baggy white top and denim coat and she was constantly peirced with glares. Her only response was to scowl back but it was never really the greatest idea.

A girl with bleach blonde hair, big sun glasses which covered half her face and a creepy looking rat tucked under her arm stopped Esther, holding her by the arm.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" she snapped, her voice sounding mocking even though her voice was just annoying, not mocking.

"Walking?" Esther sneered and pulled her arm away.

"You don't belong here, you little skank! Go back to where ever you come from!" She growled.

"Wow, painful. But touch me again, you little comic alien, and I swear on my great grand mother's grave that I will send you back to mars!"

"Woah, woah, ladies!"

A girl with short, spikey brunette hair and wearing a female biker would wear hurried over and pulled the girls farther apart before they tore each other's faces off. The blonde girl tore her glasses from her face and flicked her hair back before storming off, the rat peeking back around her arm.

"She does not do well with the stereotype of a blonde, rich bitch." the biker gil mumbled.

"Erm, who are you?"

"Oh, sorry, I'm Max. What about you?"

"Esther."

"Wow," she laughed. "You sound like some kind of War Show girl."

"I am,"

"... awesome! So why are you on enemy grounds?" she wrapped her arm over Esthers shoulders. "You don't belong here."

She took hold of Esther by her wrist and dragged her half way down the street and pointed out a large dark building which stood out like a sore thumb with it's patriotic flag flapping wild outside with a bunch of bikers gathering outside. It wasn't a place she liked since she had been to the place like it before but compared to the land the blonde aliens.

Esther hid behind Max as they entered the bar; she greeted everyone as if they were her long lost family and they were even kind to greet Esther with a warm smile.

"See. You ain't a bardie doll, you're a cool chick like me!" Max laughed. "Now to get you out of those hideous clothes,"

She followed Max to a door behind the bar where a woman with white hair- yet very young looking- who wore a top revealed her slender hips was attending to the liqour pumps. After passing the toilet doors, a room to the storage room, they reached the stairs and went up stairs.

"Where are we going?" Esther asked.

"My dormain is upstiars," Max laughed.

Max's dormain was a upstairs flat which she shared with the woman who was at the bar, Julie. there was a room on either side of the room, a table against the window with a couple of oddly matched seats pushed under it, a dated kitchen with dirty dishes waiting to be cleaned.

Max's room was on the left and the room was quite darkly decorated and there were thousands of photos set up all around the room, pinned to the walls. Max rummaged through a large closet behind the door and pulled out a demin skirt and a wide sleeve whole top of Jack Daniels.
Esther reluctantly changed but afterwards she didn't feel like she was being killed by the heat.

"So where you really from, Esther?" Max asked as Esther came out from the bed room.

"I'm from England,"

"Ahh, kinda guessed. Guys would go wild for a piece of you," Max laughed, jumping from from her perch on the table.

"But, I need to get home. I'm having to live with this guy called John and I feel like I'm a burden to the poor lad."

"Oh, I'm sure you're not," Max sang, taking Esther by the arm and pulling her towards the door. "Now, I need new girls to help me out at this pub so why don't you help a poor girl- just until you figure out where you're living."

"But what would I have to do? I've never worked in my entire life."

"How old are you?"

"Twenty-one,"

"And you've never worked?"

"My father is rich, a land owner, so I'm only expected to marry and have kids,"

"Wow... old fashioned, eh?"

"Hmm, you could say that,"

The two were just leaving the flat when Esther was caught in a freeze when something black flashed in the corner of her eye. She looked back and saw nothing. Ghost's don't exist...