Status: FINISHED :D

Teach Your Heart To Talk

So Far Gone

Chapter 11

Brendon’s POV

The next week isn’t really that different except for the part where I manage to get Ryan out of the house.
He told me he likes books so I drag him into the bookstore I see every morning when I get him a doughnut.
“I’ve been in here once.” He whispers as we walk inside, the ball ringing above us.
“What? You lived here your whole life and you’ve been in here one fucking time?” I ask and he nods shyly.
I look around.
The store is nice and big. It’s not even crowded so the atmosphere is quite nice.
I grab Ryan’s hand and pull him over to the horror section.
“Brendon, geez.” he mumbles and pushes my hand away. “I already have to watch horror movies because of you. I don’t need to read it too.”
I grin as I watch him walk off, looking around before he heads towards the fantasy section. A proud smile covers my face and I start browsing through the titles, not really paying attention to it though. I’m not here to buy anything for myself after all.
I look through the books for half an hour. Then I get bored and start to look for Ryan. When I see no one in front of the fantasy section I frown and look around but there are just two other girls in here beside me, looking through the romance novels.
Panic rises in me as I start walking around the store, looking around frantically, but I can’t find him.
After taking a deep breath to calm myself I walk up to the counter where a bored-looking boy sits with a magazine in front of him.
“Excuse me. Did you see a boy in here? My age, brown hair, tight jeans, wearing a scarf?” I ask and the boy looks up.
He observes me for a moment before starting to grin.
“Yes, I saw him. Try the reading corner.”
I look around and find a staircase, the sign above it saying ‘Reading Corner’.
“Okay, thank you” I mumble and walk over there.
I climb the stairs and reach a rather small room. There are tiny windows showing the town and several comfortable-looking armchairs.
There’s a tiny bar as well but no one is behind it.
After looking around for several minutes I spot a chair that’s turned away from me, facing the window. A smile spreads over my features as I walk over there, leaning over the backrest.
“Found you” I whisper and Ryan jumps and tilts his head back to look up at me with big eyes. “Why did you hide up here?”
“It’s nice here.” He says softly. “And there aren’t any people.”
I nod and look at the book in his hands.
“What are you reading?”
He smiles and turns in his seat so he can look at me properly, showing me the cover.
“The Replacement” I mumble. “What is it about?”
“I have no idea.” He laughs and looks down at the book. “Something about replacing children and zombies and … tiny princesses with tattoos.”
I raise an eyebrow and he shrugs, a tiny smile still covering his face.
“I’m not paying for bullshit like that.” I say seriously and his smile fades.
Then I start to laugh and reach out to ruffle his hair.
“I’m kidding.” I laugh and his smile is back.
I rest my chin on the backrest and my gaze wanders to the small table next to the chair where a few books are lying.
“Oh, you found quite a few books I see.” I chuckle and he looks away guiltily.
“Those just sounded interesting.” He whispers and starts fiddling with the book in his hands.
I look at him and then at the books again before reaching out and lifting them up. Ryan looks up at me and frowns.
“You liked those, right?” I ask and he nods. “Then I shall buy them.”
“Brendon, you’re not going to buy five books for me.”
“Why not?”
“It’s too expensive. Here, let me- ”
He reaches out towards the books in my hands but I turn away.
“I won’t let you buy all of them.” He says and folds his arms in front of his chest. “Just let me put away two of them.”
I pout but let him grab two of the books. We climb down the stairs and I head towards the counter while Ryan puts the two books away. I pay and grab the bag. When I turn around the two girls from earlier are standing in front of me.
“Hey” one of them says.
She has long blond hair and green eyes framed with black eyeliner. Her companion is shorter than her with short brown hair, bangs falling in her face so I can’t see her eyes.
“Hey?” I try and raise an eyebrow.
“I’m Chloe and that’s Madison.” The blonde says with a smile.
“That’s … nice.” I say and make to turn away but she appears in my vision again.
“What’s your name?”
“Brendon” I say and take a few more steps towards the fantasy section where I hope to find Ryan.
“You just moved here, right?” Chloe asks and I have to prevent a sigh as I nod. “Well, I live on your street, you know.”
“Nice” I mumble and turn right, smiling when I see Ryan reading the back of another book.
“So do you want to hang out sometime?”
I roll my eyes and turn to face her.
“Actually, no” I say firmly and when I look at Ryan again he’s watching the scene with an unreadable expression.
Chloe steps right in front of me so I can’t see him anymore.
“Or maybe we could go down to the lake sometime?” she asks and I sigh.
“No”
“But why not?”
I push her away and walk over to Ryan, ignoring them.
“Ready to go?” I ask and he nods with a quick glance towards the girls.
He puts the book away and I take his hand to lead him out of the store.
“Goodbye Brendon!” I hear Chloe yell after us.
My grip tightens as we walk down the sidewalk.
“Who was that?” Ryan asks carefully.
“I have no idea. Just some girl.”
“Okay” he whispers and looks down.
“Ryan, seriously. I don’t know her and I don’t want to know her either.”
He just nods and continues staring at the ground.
“So what do you want to do now?” I ask and give his hand a squeeze.
He just shrugs.
“We could rent a movie.” I suggest and he grimaces.
“We can do that but I’m not watching a horror movie.”
“Aw, but it would be fun.” I sing-song and lean into his personal space to kiss his cheek.
He smiles but shakes his head.
“Then we’re not watching a movie.” He says.
I pout but he shakes his head yet again.
“Please. You can always cuddle up to me when you’re scared.”
“No”
“But- ”
“No”
“Ryan- ”
“I said no.”
I think for a moment before I start to grin. My hand pushes his away to move up his back slowly.
“Alright, we’ll watch whatever you want but I expect something in return.” I whisper seductively.
He turns his head to look at me and my grin widens.
“Stop grinning like that. It’s scary.” He says and I chuckle before leaning forward to catch his lips in a demanding kiss.
He makes a soft noise and kisses back for a moment before pushing me away.
“We’re in public.” He whispers.
“So? I want to show you off.”
I grin again and he rolls his eyes.
“Let’s get a damn movie.”

*

Ryan’s POV

“Ry, this is boring.” Brendon whines and roles onto his back on the bed.
We are watching Scott Pilgrim vs. The World and Brendon isn’t really enjoying it. I sit on the floor, leaning against the bed while Brendon is rolling around on it.
I really try to watch the movie but Brendon won’t shut up.
“Ryaaaaaaaan”
“What, Brendon?” I ask harshly.
“Can we do something fun?” he asks but I just sigh and ignore him.
Well that starts getting difficult when he’s right behind me, his breath hitting my neck.
“Fuck off, Bren.” I say but he wraps his arms around my shoulders and starts kissing and sucking at my neck.
I sigh and turn around in his embrace. His lips turn into a grin before he starts licking along my jaw line, slowly moving towards my lips.
“You’re just mad because I’m not cuddling with you out of fear.” I whisper and he smiles before kissing me.
I open up immediately and he makes a pleased noise. His hands move down my sides and tighten around my waist, pulling me up onto the bed with him and never breaking the kiss. He lies down on his back and pulls me towards him till I’m straddling him.
When Brendon grabs my ass a surprised squeak escapes me and I feel him smile against my lips. He licks into my mouth hungrily and tries to press closer, his hips pushing up to meet mine. I whimper when he bites my lower lip harshly and draw back, looking down at him.
He grins and licks blood off his lips. I frown and bring one hand up to touch my lower lip just to see blood on my fingers.
“Dude, I’m bleeding.” I say and he chuckles.
His hand reaches out to pull me down again and I obey. At first he just stares at me before he leans forward and sucks at my bottom lip. I moan softly when his hands slip under my shirt. His hips are thrusting up eagerly and I meet him halfway
“Fuck, Ry” he moans and pulls at the hem of my shirt desperately.
Another soft moan escapes my lips and he thrusts harder.
“God, do you even know how hot that sounds?” he gasps and pushes our foreheads together, staring into my eyes.
I take a deep breath and close my eyes for a moment before I let my hand trail down his body. He’s watching my face with questioning eyes and I just stare back, my hand moving lower till it hits the waistband of his jeans.
He smiles carefully and catches my lips in a sweet kiss.
Then everything goes black.

*

Brendon’s POV

I’m way too happy about this.
His hand moves lower and then stops just like his movement against my lips.
I make a displeased noise and try to open his mouth with my tongue but he shies back, his eyes wide.
Fuck, not now
“No, Ryan” I plead but he withdraws his hand and crawls backwards.
I need two seconds before I’m able to sit up, reaching out in a try to hold him back. He turns around and wants to jump off the bed but I wrap my arms around his torso quickly and pull him back to me so his back is pressed up against my chest.
“Shh” I whisper.
I know it’s pointless but I can’t help it.
He whimpers and struggles but I tighten my grip till he stops fighting. I hear his soft sobs and bury my face in his shoulder on what he lets out a pained noise.
Suddenly the door opens and my mom walks in with her usual bitch face.
“Brendon, you- ”
Her eyes widen when she observes the scene in front of her.
“What is going on?” she asks and runs towards us, her hatred gone for a brief moment, replaced with worry.
When Ryan starts screaming she stumbles backwards, her eyes growing even wider if that’s possible.
“Get out!” I hiss but she doesn’t move. “Mom, get out. I swear I will explain this to you but please just leave for now.”
She needs a few seconds before she nods and leaves the room quickly.
I sigh and lie down, pulling Ryan with me.
Soft whimpers and sobs escape him and make me want to cry too but I have to stay strong in situations like this.
I have no idea how long it takes till he stops and slumps down into the mattress. I raise my head and start to loosen my grip hesitantly.
“Ry?” I ask and he nods. “Welcome back. Let’s sleep.”
He nods and five minutes later he’s already asleep.
I sigh and start combing through his hair with one hand, wishing that everything would be easy.