Meow, Meow

Four

Two days later with the help of people in the office, along with my ability, my body heals properly.

The humans and the other hurt animals alike are surprised.

When the animals ask me how I tell them I'm just lucky and they leave it at that. The humans, on the other hand, try to figure out exactly how and why.

After a full day of testing, they decide to take off my cast and remove my IV and bandages. But they still don’t let me free.

I just want to get out of here.

Constantly staying in a cage is making my anxious and nervous. Not to mention the fact that the Tracker could still be out there looking for me.

It’s a few hours past mid-day on the fourth day and they’ve still yet to let me out this Godforsaken cage.

Feeling more than just a little angry, I begin to paw and scratch at the door of my cage, meowing and hissing to signal that I want to be let out.

Now.

Finally, one of the brunettes I remember loosely from the first day I got here comes over and looks into the metal bars with a smile. She opens the door, grabbing me gently, then sets m down on the ground.

It feels good to stretch out my feline body, arching my back and reaching out with my paws. My ears move slightly, listening to the sounds around me. A happy purr escapes my mouth, past my elongated canines.

Swishing my tail back and forth, I set out on my journey to find an exit out of this place quick.

I’m not fifteen minutes into my search when a hand swoops down to grab me up. It’s the blonde doctor that keeps checking up on me.

I hiss, twist, and squirm.

However, she ignores my protests, petting me on the head, saying, “It’s alright, cutie. You’re getting to go home today.”

Home? What home? I don’t have a home. Wait, she couldn’t mean… No, no, no. Not his home

Back in another cage, I go. This one is a tad smaller, with a handle on the top.

I growl and pounce around in a frustrated panic as the woman carries the cage from the back and into the lobby. She sets it down on the counter, telling the front desk person something briefly before she walks away.

No, I have to get out of here. I can’t go back there.

I growl, hiss, and claw at the metal animal jail. I do everything, well almost everything, I can think of to get myself out.

The last option I have would be turn into my human form, but that would only cause a scene and I really, really don’t want to do that. But I can’t be captured again.

I mull over the idea of shifting in my head, my heart pounding and cat whiskers twitching.

The little bell on the door rings, causing me to pause in my thoughts. My golden amber eyes grow wide and my head swivels slowly towards the door.

It’s the pretty girl from the other day, the girl who took me here.

What’s she doing here? To take me home with her?

She comes up the cage, looking down into it, her brown eyes twinkling. “Hey there, girl.” She greets, her voice soft and husky.

I stop my pacing and sit down my rump to stare up at her with interest.

She speaks with the front desk person, who leaves for a minute and comes back with the blonde doctor again.

The girl and her have a conversation; the girl mentions my fast recovery, the doctor explains that it was pretty much a miracle. They also briefly talk about how to take of me, and a couple other things.

"Thanks, Doctor." The curly headed girl breaths, picking up the cage, and heading out the door again.

She places the cage, with me in it, on the passenger seat of her car. Then goes to the other side, starts up the vehicle, and we head to what I assume is her house.
♠ ♠ ♠
690