Meow, Meow

Six

I should move on. I should keep running and get as far away from him as I can. Several times over I set out, confident that I’m leaning this suburban human town for good. However, the more miles I go the more intense my urge to return becomes.

So despite knowing all the risks and everything I had to go through to escape from his control I begrudgingly trudge back to the tiny house on Marrow Lane and slip past the hole in the always open kitchen window.

These feelings confuse me and I’m left torn, not knowing what to do. At least until I realize what exactly what they mean. The day that I do I’m lounging on the sill of the same window. My ear twitch ever so often as I stare outside, my head filled with a dozen thoughts.

I should be gone. I’m only increasing the chances of me getting caught. But…I can’t just leave. I-I…

With a frustrated meow I get up, arching my back in a long stretch before hoping onto the ground. Since Narissa is at home I strut towards the corner and lap lazily at the filled water bowl, instead of turning into my human form.

At just the simple thought of her, not twenty feet away from me, I find myself smiling. In curiosity I leave the bowls, passing the new scratching post as I begin walking towards her room, humming her music in my head.

When I get to the door I pause to slowly peak inside. She looks so…pretty sitting on her bed in her pajamas with her mass of curly hair a frizzled mane around her face. I can’t stop looking. Her caramel-toned skin, her huge hazel eyes, everything about her is so gorgeous.

As I gaze her facial expression grows more tense and frustrated. While she scans the book rested in her lap, she begins to gnaw at the pen in her hand and tug at her ebony locks.

Since it seems like she’s in desperate needs a break I decide to entertain her in attempt to put a smile on her face. So I bound up to the bed and claw my way up before pouncing around on the paisley sheets.

A soft, amused giggle escapes her plump lips. “Hey, puff ball, what do you think you’re doing?” She asks, tossing her book to the side and watching me dance and play in front of her.

After a moment the dizziness makes me stop and glance up at her. She smiles brightly, staring at me in the face as she reaches out slowly to pet my fur for the first time.

My amber orbs grow wide instantly and my tail stops moving. Inside my chest my heart beats like a drum against my feline ribcage. Without really meaning to I begin to purr with excitement and delight.

“Aren’t you a cute little thing.” She begins to run her soft fingers along my ears and gives the area behind them a gentle scratch.

A responsive meow wafts from behind my elongated canines. My paws carry me closer to her and I nuzzle against her, inhaling her vanilla-laced scent.

“You must be starting to like me, huh.” She hums, using her other hand to grab me under my front legs and rest me in her lap. She continues petting me softly and running her fingers along my lithe form.

Within her grasp, snuggled against her torso I feel the safest and most content I’ve feel in a while. No, it’s the most secure I’ve felt ever, since I was born.

A continuous string of purrs rolls from my mouth, mixed with mewls of pleasure. In an attempt to get closer to her, I shift, clinging to her clothes with my slightly protracted claws. The feeling she gives me is amazing, and I can’t help wanting to be as close as possible.

In the middle of this I’m suddenly filled the sensation I get when I’m about to shift. And it’s not a small sensation. It’s strong, really strong.

Fearful that I might shift on accident, I begin to pull away so that I can scamper off but before I can Narissa lifts me up hurriedly, swearing to herself as she sets me back down and begins to gather the things on the bed. Once she does quickly changes her clothes and is out the door within minutes.

Even before I hear her car leave the driveway I shift into my human form so that I’m laying stark naked on her bed, staring up at the ceiling.

Oh my God. She’s…she’s my…mate.

To keep myself from thinking about it, I immediately spring up from the mattress and begin to clean things around the house in a chaotic frenzy, not even caring that I’m nude.

I pick up things in her room, organize her study area, clean the living room, and start the dishwasher. After I’ve roamed about the house several times in search of things to distract my thoughts, I finally have to give up. In despair I throw myself onto the floor.

What am I going to do? WHAT am I going to do? I’m in trouble. Oh no, so is she! She’s going to get mixed up with me. She can’t get involved. She can’t. I’ll have to leave. But I can’t just leave her here to possibly get caught by Luka’s pawns. And I can’t get more than fifty miles away from her before feeling like hell...

Tugging at my red-orange hair in frustration, I groan and writhe on the ground. Tears start to trickle down my face. I don’t know what to do. I’m not going to put her in danger by leaving, but if I stay we’re both in danger.

There’s no way I’m leaving her. I’ll just have to take the risks, and do everything I can to protect her.

I know this with the brightest and surest clarity.

But should I tell her?
♠ ♠ ♠
SORRY FOR THE WAIT!