Nuclear Genocide

Chapter Four

“So what’s the second option?” Jermaine asked.

“It’s very simple, find your own materials. Go out and search for you own food, clothes, and ammo, whatever.”

“That doesn’t make sense. If people are doing that wouldn’t that make the supply really short?” John said. Leah shook her head.

“This isn’t an RPG game. People are scared or can not fight these Genomes. Those that do perish leave their items. It happens daily to people and Genomes.”

“What? Genomes carry food?” Jermaine said. Leah sighed.

“Yes, they may not eat food but Daemon Winters does. And I don’t see him going grocery shopping.”

“I’m assuming each does their own agriculture?” John asked.

“Yes, but like everything else. You have to pay for it.”

“So what can we bring in to exchange for things?” Kristy asked.

“Well as you know we no longer have currency. Most Camps has its own different type of currency. Ours is the Forgant. And don’t worry. We’re not the only one to carry it. To prevent complete chaos bigger camps like mines have sister camps, towns if you want to think of it that way that share our currency.”

“Wow this is very elaborate.” Jermaine said. Leah looked surprised.

“So I’m assuming none of your previous camps had a system like this?”

“As far as I know, we’ve never been in a camp.” John said.

“I see, well that’s the basic rundown of things. Anything else will be explained along the way.” Leah said standing. Bane arose as well following her out of the tent.

“By the way, if you’re thinking about scavenging for food, talk to Drake. He’ll set you up.” With that, Leah left. Jermaine slowly started to get up.

“So what are we going to do?” John asked. Kristy stretched.

“Well I don’t know about you but I’m hungry, so let’s just go find some food.”

“Yeah, I’m not sure how much longer I can go without food.” Jermaine said. He stretched as well attempting to loosen his sore muscles.

“You’re good to go Jermaine?” John asked. Although Jermaine was up and active he still looked weakened from the night before.

“Yeah man I’m okay. You two just go get our weapons and I’ll meet you in the center of the city.” Kristy and John nodded and walked out of the tent. Jermaine walked over to a chair and sat down in it. As he sat there the doctor wondered back into the tent. He looked shocked that Jermaine was up and quickly rushed to him.

“You must not be up now, you need your rest.” He said grabbed Jermaine by the arm. Jermaine shook him off.

“I’m fine, don’t touch me again.” He warned.

“But I must run more tests on you, your blood. It’s unusual.” The doctor said. He grabbed him again attempting to pull him back to the cot. Jermaine shoved the doctor to the ground and stood up.

“You need to get away from me. This is your last warning. Don’t grab me again unless you want to get hurt.” Jermaine said. He walked out of the and into the open streets of Forganter. He looked around at all the different shops and people. He walked around looking into the shops when he spotted a gun store. He walked hoping to find something new. A man greeted him as he walked in.

“Hello, names Alfonse.” He said.

“Hey, I’m Jermaine.”

“I saw you come in last night, you looked terrible.” Alfonse said. He took a drink from a bottle. “Anyways welcome to the camp.”

“Thanks, how are you?” Jermaine asked. He noticed the man wasn’t clearly focused on the conversation he started.

“Oh, um I’m not sure. How do I look?” He asked.

“You look like you’ve been drinking too much.” Alfonse shook his head.

“In this world you can never drink too much. Anyways, what do you plan on doing now that your here?”

“Well me and a couple of friends are about to go scavenging.”

“Wow, your one of the few that does.”

“Really?”

“Well yeah, nobody likes fighting those things.” Alfonse and Jermaine continued to talk while Kristy and John met up with Leah and Drake.

“Are you guys ready?” Leah asked.

“Yeah, but where did Jermaine go?” Kristy asked.

“I saw him head over to The Weapon Shack.” Drake said. Leah raised an eyebrow.

“I wonder.” She said as she walked over to the shack. As she walked in she saw Alfonse and Jermaine laughing. Bane walked up and licked Alfonse’s hand.

“Oh. What’s up Bane?” He said kneeling down. He gave Bane a pat on the head. Jermaine saw Leah walk in.

“Alfonse, how are you?” she asked giving him a hug. Alfonse kissed her on the cheek.

“I’m good sis. I see you teaching Jermaine about our camp.”

“Wait you two are siblings?” Jermaine said. Leah nodded.

“He took care of me after Daemon started the war. He maybe a drunk but he’s had my back forever.” Kristy, John and Drake soon walked in. Drake shook hands with Alfonse.

“Hey Drake, how is it going?” Alfonse asked. Drake nodded.

‘It’s going? Anyways, Jermaine are you ready to go scavenging?”

“Yeah, let’s do it.” Jermaine said. John handed him his Remington R4 and his MP7. As Jermaine got ready Alfonse took Leah aside.

“Leah, I’m going to go with these guys.”

“Whoa hang on. Your just going to flat-out say that without asking me first?” Alfonse glared at her.

“I’m the one who took care of you. You may own this place, but you can’t tell me what I can and can’t do.” Leah gritted her teeth but eventually gave in.

“What makes you suddenly want to go scavenging? You’ve never wanted to do this before.”

“Well being a drunk is fun and all, but I haven’t see the outside of these walls in years.”

“You make it sound like it’s a bad thing, the world is chaos out there.”

“That’s what I mean, I need some excitement. I’ve been trapped in here drinking my life away. I want to do something with myself before I die.” Leah looked her brother in the eyes. She could tell he was serious. She sighed.

“Well it’s not like I have a choice. Take Bane with you.” Alfonse nodded. As they walked back to the group Jermaine and the rest were about to leave.

“Hey Jermaine, I’m coming with you guys.” Alfonse said. Jermaine whirled around in confusion.

“What?”