Sequel: Liars Revived
Status: Completed

Disaster Reformed

Chapter One

Red eyes stared at the village in front of herself, glowing in the darkness surrounding her body. Cocking her head to the side, Suki wondered at the name of the village. The Hidden Leaf Village. It’s hidden and yet a lot of people know of it, including her.

Suki moved forward, curious, but a hand grasped her wrist and pulled her back. “Suki. You have to be aware that Sasuke does not know of you. Not yet, anyway. We kept you a secret for so long, but once he sees your eyes…”

“I know, Itachi. I’m just so curious.” Eyes roamed through the darkness, searching. “I just want to meet my brother.”

“Suki.”

It was as if she didn’t hear him, ears zooming in on the slightest noise. A small rustle in the bushes. Her eyes roamed over the bush, seeing a small rabbit.

“Suki,” Itachi said, more stern than before. The protective older brother he is.

“I’m listening, Itachi,” she muttered.

His face went from compassionate to emotionless in an instant. “Look at me, Suki. With you looking around like that, how am I supposed to know that you’re truly listening?”

Red eyes snapped to his face instantly. Always, she listened. She understood him, loved him to death despite killing their clan. Mother and Father had hid her, kept her a secret. Only Itachi had known, kept her safe from harm, taught her Jutsus. She was afraid, truly, to leave him, afraid to meet her twin brother. Twins.

Eyes softened as he stared at her face. “Suki, you cannot mention me. If you do, he will never learn to trust you. As I said before, he hates me for killing our clan. He won’t understand what you do, won’t bother to listen. He’ll immediately try and kill you. He is stubborn. I may love him, and he may not think what I did was right, but if he hurts you in any way…,” he paused, face transforming to anger immediately, “I will kill him.”

“But Itachi--”

“No. Do not try and change my mind. As soon as you brought him up, and wanted to meet him, to get to know him, I had this set. You mean the most in the world to me, Suki. That will never change.”

Eyes lowered from his face to the branch they were currently sitting on. “I do not want to leave you. If I could, I would have you come with me, but that’s impossible. No matter what, no one will change my view on you. You are my big brother, and only mine. You are dead to Sasuke, but never will you be dead to me. I love you, Itachi.”

A small smile reached his lips, a rare sight that anyone else saw. “Do not make me change my mind, Suki.” Reaching out, he pulled her into a bone crushing hug and then let her go. “I love you. Now go before I decide to keep you here with me.”

Her eyes welled up with tears and she turned away, jumping from branch to branch, never looking back. If she would have, she would have went back. Said screw it to being with Sasuke. But she had to do this. Tempted as she was, she continued onward, and choked back her tears. Itachi. My brother, please love me in the end. I will come back to you.

Finally, she reached the entrance to the village, and stopped. It was night. She would wait until morning to approach and enter. Until then… Looking around, she spotted a high tree, and climbed it, reaching a branch at the top that was sturdy enough to hold her weight.

Until morning, Sasuke. No one will ever think I’m not your sister. We are twins, after all. Moving a hand to her hair, she brushed back the dark locks. Bangs hung right above her eyes, almost covering her right eye. She’d have to cut them soon.

A sigh escaped her lips, and she let go of her Sharingan for the night. She wouldn’t need it while sleeping. Her ears were made for that. No one would probably attack her anyway, wouldn’t bother looking this far up.

Good night, Itachi. I hope you sleep well tonight. I will be safe, don’t you worry. Curling up against the trunk of the tree, her eyes closed.

* * *
Sunlight streamed behind her closed lids, prying her from sleep. It was time to wake up, it seemed. Otherwise she’d still be asleep. Nothing could ever wake her up most of the time. Until now.

Parting her eyelids, her gray eyes roamed the area around her. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Besides the fact that she was all alone. But there was only one way to change that.

Moving to the edge of the branch, she hopped off of it, gracefully landing on her feet. Near the entrance of the Leaf Village stood a shinobi. One of the guards, most likely.

A forced smile graced her lips as she moved toward the man, steps cautious. “Hello,” she spoke as his eyes roamed over her.

“State your name and your purpose.” Despite his demand, his eyes seemed to widen as he took in her appearance. He seemed to recognize her. Good.

“My name is Suki Uchiha and I am here to live in the Leaf Village, and meet my twin brother, Sasuke Uchiha.”

His hand seemed to twitch toward his weapons, and she took it upon herself to put her hands in the air. “I mean no harm. Really. This is all I’m here for.”

“I believe you. You may enter, and go straight to Lady Tsunade’s office.”

“Understood.” Moving past the man she headed for the Hokage’s office. Itachi had given her the layout of the village before she’d come to it, so she knew exactly where everything was.

Ninjas stared at her, some whispered. One with pink hair took a daring move and approached her. “Who are you and why are you here?”

Sakura, she assumed. She fit the match Itachi had placed her, fit the picture. He’d even had a book on practically everyone in the village. This one is in love with her brother, Sasuke, though he won’t give her the time of day. “My name is Suki. Why I am here, that is none of your concern.”

There must be a reason why he won’t give her the time of day, right? So why should she? Moving past the girl, she continued toward Tsunade’s office. Sakura didn’t stop her, a good move on her part.

Finally, she reached the door, and knocked.

“Enter,” a booming female’s voice called out.

Turning the knob, she quietly pushed open the door and entered the room, placing both hands behind her back to bow. “Hello, Lady Hokage. My name is Suki Uchiha--”

“I know who you are. I’ve been expecting you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter. I'm actually in love with one of my stories for once. I hope that you are too. c: