Sequel: Liars Revived
Status: Completed

Disaster Reformed

Chapter Five

“Itachi, why are we still here? We could have been well on our way to the hideout by now.”

Itachi’s eyes scanned the area, his ears picking up the slightest rustle of a tree, the wind picking up slightly. Still no one around to find her. “She can’t be killed.”

“Then why did we not bring her with us, or take her to the village and leave her there?”

“That is not our responsibility. That is why we left her there, so others would find her, take her back.” Suddenly his ears picked up the sound of footsteps, jumping from branch to branch, then come to a stop. His Sharingan, second nature to him, was activated in a split second. Ninja of the Sand Village?

He heard talking, unable to hear what they were saying, but knew that they wouldn’t hurt her. He was about to leave when he heard a voice, then a gasp. Suki. If they hurt her…

* * *
“Mmm…” Hearing voices, she stirred, looked up, and stared right into gorgeous green eyes. A gasp left her lips, and she spoke, “Who are you?” But before the man could speak, she looked around and said, “Wait…” Grabbing the male by his coat collar, she brought him down to her level. “What did you do to Itachi? Where is he?”

“Itachi… Uchiha? I did nothing to him. That man is a nuisance, someone not worth my time and space. I could care less about his existence.”

Quirking a brow, Suki released his coat, watching as he stepped back, smoothing it out. “So who are you?” He seems not to have any care about my brother, therefore he is okay. I know my brother’s past, and it’s his own fault for making so many enemies. But I will not allow anyone who hurts him to live. That is that.

“My name is Gaara. Of the Sand.”

* * *
“Gaara of the Sand, huh?” Suki muttered to herself, walking through the village in boredom. And suddenly, almost as if drawn to an unseen force, she headed east, practically running.

It would be dark soon, and confusion gripped at her, wrenching, tearing, like a hand. What was in this direction that made her follow? Especially at this time of day?

Skidding to a stop, she hid behind a building, peeking around the corner, activating her Sharingan. Three guys and a woman were pursuing Sasuke, who was tied to a tree. What did they want with him and why?

Almost as if watching an action movie, she watched as he was attacked by them, getting his ass kicked until he decided to retaliate, but only failed in effort. These guys were way stronger than him. It honestly didn’t surprise her.

Words were spoken, words she couldn’t hear nor read. And then they were gone. Should she tell the Hokage about them, she wondered? No. It was probably nothing. And yet… that mark that marred their bodies. Orochimaru… The name swarmed through her head, making her wonder. Those had to be his henchmen. Shoot.

* * *
Night had finally settled, and Suki stared out her bedroom window. She couldn’t sleep. Every time she closed her eyes, she saw Orochimaru, saw his henchmen attacking Sasuke. What the hell did they want with him? A new body, perhaps. He seemed to be out for those lately, wanting eternal life. Everyone died, he should realize that by now. But no.

Worry plagued her, curiosity dragged her down. Finally she jumped out of her bedroom window, heading toward the entrance gates. What was he doing out here by himself, wandering with a… No. He couldn’t. But he was. Leaving. Going to Orochimaru.

Sakura walked out and stopped in front of Sasuke, eyes narrowing in on his backpack. She didn’t speak.

“It’s the middle of the night. What are you hanging around here for?” Sasuke asked, stopping his approach.

Sakura looked down, staring at the ground. Sorrow was etched onto her features. “This is the only road out of the village.”

After she was done speaking, Sasuke started moving, going around her. “You should go to bed.”

A lone tear ran down Sakura’s cheek as she said, “Why Sasuke? Why won’t you ever tell me anything? Why is it always silence with you? You’ve never shared a single thing--”

“Why should I have to tell you anything? Hey, just keep your nose out of my business. It’s none of your concern.”

Suki felt bad for the girl, wanted to help her, but didn’t. She stayed back, watching, seeing if she could stop him from leaving.

Sakura looked away from Sasuke, tears still running down her cheeks, but then a soft smile appeared on her lips. “I know you hate me. Even in the beginning you couldn’t ever stand me.” Raising her head, she looked back toward Sasuke.

“Remember? Back when we were made Genin and we were assigned to our three man squads? We were alone together for the first time, right here on this very spot. You got so mad at me that day.”

“I don’t remember that.”

Sakura lost her smile, surprise and a look of hurt crossing her features. Looking down at the ground, she replied, “Yeah, sure. I mean, it was so long ago, right? But still, that’s the day when it all began. It was the start of you and me.”

Maybe I shouldn’t hate her… She’s lost in the path of love, her heart broken and being ripped out. All by a simple asshole. Gritting her teeth, she watched the scene before her eyes, feeling for Sakura and feeling anger at her brother. How could he? He’s so selfish! Only thinking of himself.

“And Naruto, and Kakashi Sensei. The four of us started going on missions; it was rough back then. Everyday was such a challenge, but more than anything, it was so much fun. I know about your clan, Sasuke, I do. But seeking revenge, that won’t bring anyone happiness. Nobody at all, not you, and not me.”

“I knew it. I’m not the same as you. I’m traveling a path the rest of you can’t follow. I know that the four of us have worked together, and for a while I thought that I could take that road instead, but in the end, I’ve decided on revenge. That’s always been my reason for living. I’ll never be like you and Naruto.”

Sakura’s voice seemed to rise as she said, “Don’t do this Sasuke! You don’t have to be alone. You told me that day how painful a thing like solitude can be. I understand now. I have family and friends, but if you were gone, Sasuke, it would be the same thing for me, as being all alone!”

“This is a new beginning. Each of us has a new path lying before us.”

“Sasuke, I’m so in love with you I can’t even stand it! If you would only be with me, I’d promise I’d never let you regret it. Everyday will be a joy, I can give you happiness. I’ll do anything for you, Sasuke. So please! I’m begging you, don’t walk away. I’ll even help get your revenge, I’ll do whatever it takes to make it happen, I swear. So stay here, with me. And if you can’t, then take me with you, Sasuke.” Her cries got louder.

Sasuke turned toward her, a smile on his face. “You haven’t changed, you’re still annoying.” Surprise came onto her face as he said this, and then he turned, started walking away once again.

“Don’t leave me! If you go, I’ll scream and--”

Sasuke suddenly appeared behind her, shutting her up. “Sakura. Thank you for everything.” And without warning, he knocked her out cold, placing her on a bench. That was her cue.

For the millionth time, he started to walk away, only to see her step into his path, a glare on her face, Sharingan activated. “Sasuke. Don’t you dare leave this village, don’t you dare go after Orochimaru. I will not let you do it.”

He glared back at her. “And what are you going to do to stop me? No matter what, I am leaving, I am pursuing my dream. My dream to finally kill Itachi.”

His confession hit her like a ton of bricks. It felt like a knife had been plunged into her chest, twisting, ripping out her heart, shredding it into pieces. The thought of her brother dying, especially to be murdered by his own brother, it killed her. “Sasuke, no!”

“The truth hurts, doesn’t it?”

“Sasuke, there is a reason he killed our clan! If you would just listen, I could tell you. I can tell you the real--” Before she could finish the sentence, sleep overtook her, body collapsing to the ground.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fifth chapter. Yayayayay! :D