Sequel: Liars Revived
Status: Completed

Disaster Reformed

Chapter Six

Sunlight streamed through the open window, lightening up Suki’s closed lids, almost immediately prying her from sleep. Groggily, she looked around, then realized something. Shooting up in bed, she stared at the blank blue walls before her. She was home. But how? Was it all a dream? No. Impossible. It was too real.

Someone had put her to sleep. It had to have been a jutsu. There was no way she would have just fell asleep. Especially out of nowhere. Who did it? It couldn’t have been Sasuke.

You’d think she would have saw it with her Sharingan, though. But she didn’t… That was the scary part. It was all a blur. Nothing was foreseen.

* * *
A rescue mission had already been sent out. Sakura was depressed, walking around the village in a daze. Naruto, Kiba, Shikamaru, Neji and Choji were all gone, out to rescue Sasuke.

But they would not succeed. Despite Naruto’s promise to Sakura about bringing him back home, Suki knew that they wouldn’t succeed. Sasuke was too stubborn, too hell bent on leaving, on getting his revenge. But she’d give them credit for trying.

“Oh, Sasuke.” Placing a hand on the side of her head, she tilted it to the side, a huge sigh of annoyance leaving her. “Why must you be so stupid?”

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed Rock Lee walking by, crutches under his arms. He had just had surgery, the Chunin Exams almost crippling him for life. It could have been to where he wouldn’t have been a Shinobi ever again. But luckily, the surgery was a success.

She’d never really spoken more than a word to the guy, had nothing to say now. Sure, he was nice and all, but she just didn’t care at the moment. More important things were happening, like the fact that she could have gone on the rescue mission, but no one requested her.

There’s a possibility that the Hokage feels that she had something to do with it, considering how close to Itachi she is. If that were the case, why would she allow her in the village? Ugh.

* * *
It had been a few days, and still no return of the five man squad. Where were they? What was happening? How worrisome it was.

Lady Tsunade sighed, placing her hands on the desk before her. “They should have been back by now. I need to send out allies who owe us a favor. Sand Ninja.”

* * *
Neji and Choji had been taken down. Choji going off against Jirobo and Neji against Kidomaru.

Choji, using two of the secret pills of the Akimichi clan, he was able to increase his chakra enough to keep from being defeated. In the end, he had to consume the red pepper pill, which increased his chakra a hundredfold but left him in an extremely critical condition, usually resulting in death.

Taking the pill slimmed down his body, as the excess calories were converted into butterfly wings of chakra. After getting his revenge on Jirobo for eating the last chip and for calling him fat, Choji put all his chakra and power into his fist, and killed Jirobo for insulting his best friend, Shikamaru.

Next was Neji versus Kidomaru, who had trouble at short-range since Neji’s Byakugan and Gentle Fist were too powerful to penetrate. Kidomaru ended up fighting from long-range, but the battle was locked in a stalemate, until Kidomaru discovered a weakness of the Byakugan: it has a blind spot behind Neji’s first thoracic vertebrae.

Knowing that he would be hit in this area, Neji intentionally allowed Kidomaru to hit him with a powerful arrow, to which Kidomaru had affixed a chakra string to ensure accuracy. However, Neji used the chakra string to use his Gentle Fist to damage Kidomaru’s internal organs.

Neji then caught up with Kidomaru, and used his Eight Trigrams to close Kidomaru’s chakra points. Kidomaru died shortly after, and Neji was left in a critical state after the fight.

In the next three fights, Kiba and Akamaru versus Sakon and Ukon, Shikamaru versus Tayuya, and Naruto against Kimimaru, to which Lee came to the rescue, the sand village ninja came just as all three were about to be killed. Kankuro helped Kiba, Temari helped Shikamaru and Gaara helped Lee.

Finally, Naruto caught up to Sasuke, and then they began battling it out, Sasuke just wanting to leave and Naruto wanting to force him back to the village.

Sasuke’s Cursed Seal of Heaven, which had been powered up by a pill given to him by the Sound Four, gave Sasuke inhuman strength, which he used to reduce Naruto to almost rag-doll levels.

* * *
Kakashi Sensei was leaving to go after Sasuke and Naruto, hoping it wasn’t too late. He wanted to save them. Again, Suki felt that it would be impossible. This village seemed to go insane at the loss of a comrade. Then again…

Looking around, Suki caught sight of Sakura. She looked worried. Most likely, she thought Naruto wouldn’t be able to bring Sasuke back. Sighing, she walked over to the girl.

“Hey, Sakura. I…”

“What do you want?” Sakura turned sad eyes to Suki, and she was overwhelmed by how much emotion shown in them.

“Sakura, I… I want to apologize for the other day. It was wrong of me to act that way toward you. I understand now that you love Sasuke”--Sakura flinched--“and want him back. And so do I. I was hoping that maybe I could treat you to some Ramen and we could become friends?”

A small smile grazed her lips and she nodded.

* * *
They were back. The mission was failed. Half of the team was in critical condition, barely alive when they came. Naruto was sitting in his hospital bed, staring at Sasuke’s headband.

The headband had a large scratch on it, most likely caused by Naruto and his nine tailed beast. When he transformed, he grew claws, large canines. His eyes went red. And so…she figured…

“Naruto. I hate to break it to you, but you wouldn’t have succeeded had you tried a different tactic. He’s too stubborn, too bent on revenge on our brother. It would have been impossible for you to bring him back. I’m sorry to inform you of this.”

“I understand. But no matter what, I will bring him back. He is my friend, dammit! He is not allowed to leave this village and stay gone.” Looking up, his eyes locked on hers, his full of anger and failure, hers lifeless.

“I’m glad no one died. Sasuke just better not succeed in getting revenge. I would hate to lose a brother, and if he kills Itachi, I will have to kill him eventually. There’s no other way to it.”

“Why would you do that, kill him for killing Itachi? Itachi’s a criminal, a horrible person who shouldn’t even be alive right now. He destroyed Sasuke, it’s his fault he’s like this.”

Had Naruto not been in a hospital bed, currently recovering from his battle, Suki would have put him into the hospital. “Excuse me?” Standing, she stared down at Naruto, anger clear in her voice. “Tell me something, Naruto, if someone you had just met, but was related to you, killed the closest person to you, would you not kill them?”

Seeing her logic, Naruto put his head down, agreeing.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter's kind of a filler, and I hate it so much. I'm probably going to end the story within the next chapter or two, considering I seriously cannot come up with any ideas. But there is most likely going to be a sequel, a sequel that I will control, not follow the anime or manga.

So.. enjoy.