Status: Finished

Why Do You All Hate Me?

Free Hugs

I was aware of a clip on my finger, and the feeling of being pretty much naked. I opened my eyes, instantly regretting it, I was laying in a hospital bed in a hospital gown. Matt came in and frowned at the sight of me.

“How are you feeling Kay?” He called me that when he was trying to comfort me.

“Fine.” My voice was raw he flinched.

“They got the water out of your lungs, said you need to eat more and be more careful on your bike.”

“My bike?”

He flinched “Yeah bruises on you're back.”

I thought back to Johnny kicking me, from the look in his eyes he did too. He lied to the doctors.

I frowned and nodded, not confronting him. My heart broke a little more, he seems to care for his friends more than me, it's been that way since I met them. I became of little importance, he sat by ant watched his friends bully all these years.

“They said you can go home as soon as you wake up, I brought you clothes. And they uh, wanted me to talk to you about something.”

I looked at him questioningly.

“A hand shaped bruise on your forearm.”

My frown deepened as I looked over at my left arm, the bruise clearly visible.

“At first they thought it was me, I convinced them it was from grabbing you too hard when I got you out of the pool. They said my nerves could have made me hold tighter, so they don't suspect anything.”

I nodded, agreeing to go with his story. We both know Brian could get arrested for this.

He handed me a bag, in it were clothes, make up and even earrings. I got up from the bed and he turned his back as I went into the bathroom to change.

Why would Jimmy do that? He knew I can't swim! They all knew! They could of killed me! I never knew they hated me this much, why? Why are they like this? What did I do?!

I dressed and did my make up, leaving the bathroom to be greeted my Matt who gestured to the door after opening it.

When we got out into the parking lot, I noticed two boys who looked to be between 18 and 21 who quit talking to each other and looked at me. I blushed as they approached me, I was glad Matt went to go get the car.

“Hey, I'd like to take you up on your shirts offer.” Said the one with long black hair.

“Me too.” Agreed the other, I stared at his hair; half black and half brown.

“Sure.” I smiled, holding my arms out to the one with long black hair. He flashed me a white smile and held his out, I stepped into the hug. He held me tightly for a moment, before I did the same with the other boy.

“You give nice hugs, maybe we could all do it again sometime?” Asked the one with duel colored hair.

I smiled and nodded “Sure, I'm Karissa.” Its so nice to meet boys, even if all we ever are is friends. It's a reason to get out of the house. I'm so happy for once. None of Matt's friends are here to ruin it.

“Isaac.” He gave me a smile and shook my hand.

“I'm his older brother, Ray.”

“How old are you guys?” I asked, feeling the need to know.

“I'm eighteen, Ray is twenty.” Isaac answered.

I frowned “I'm fifteen.”

“That's fine, don't worry about it hun.” Ray gave me a smile and grabbed my shoulder comfortingly.

I chatted with Ray as Isaac wrote their numbers on my hand.

The slam of a car door made us all jump. I looked to see Matt storm out of the car, leaving it running.

“What the fuck is going on here?” He hissed, grabbing my wrist and pulling me back.

“Who's this?” Isaac asked.

“My brother. Matt nothing happened it's fine.”

“The hell it is! Preying on my little sister! She's not fucking interested!” He growled.

I gaped at him, “Matt it's nothing like that!”

“When did you meet these guys?” he asked me, still pissed.
“A few minuets ago-”

“And you're already hitting on them! You whore!”

Tears stung my eyes, he's never said that to me before. “No! Matt I-”

“Get in the car!” He barked, shoving me into the closed car door.

“Hey man, don't be pushing her like that. She didn't do anything wrong, we came up to her.” Ray fearlessly said.

“Why?”

“Her shirt says free hugs.” Isaac spoke up, sounding a bit scared. I would be too, Matt is 6'2 of tattoos and muscle.

Matt growled and glared at me. “Get in the car.” He said, forcing his voice to be calm. I ran around the car and got in, giving Ray and Isaac an apologetic look and making a 'I'll call you' gesture, They nodded back as Matt turned away from them and got in the car, slamming the door.

After riding in a few minuets of silence Matt frowned “I'm sorry about what I called you. I just...I got so protective.”

Tears of happiness stung me now, Matt does care! At least enough to make sure I don't get raped, but he cares! I smiled “You're my older brother Matt, you're supposed to try to scare boys away from me, but thats no reason to call me a whore.”

“I know.”

“I forgive you, but...chill out.” You have more important things to protect me from.
_--

When we got home, I hoped for a apology from Jimmy. I really doubt it's going to happen but...

I went to the kitchen and made a hot pocket, eating it and heading to my room. I picked up my cello but put it back, that isn't what I want to play. I headed down the hall to the basement, glad to find it void of anyone but myself. I went over to the piano and sat down, glancing at the keys. I placed my fingers over the needed keys and began to play Fade To Black by Metallica of course. I felt a smile spread across my lips as I played. I rested my hands for a few seconds before deciding to try something new and challengeing. I recently learned this, so I have to work to keep up with the speed in the beginning. I began Master Of Puppets.

While I play this, I may tell you why I'm as good as I am at piano and cello. I play when I'm sad, or upset and knowing how my life is, I'm sure you understand why I feel like that a lot. So I play a lot, and have for the past five years.

With tired fingers, I closed the key cover and headed up stairs, again hearing foot steps run down the hall.
I went to my room and saw a messy scrawl on my door in red dry erase marker.

Glad you're not dead, here's your soda. Don't expect me to be nice to you now. So, nothing's changed.

In black it read Don't tell mom, please. in Matt's hand writing.

I sighed and wiped them off, going into my room and seeing the can of soda on my bedside table. This is the nicest Jimmy has ever been to me. I picked up the can and put my ear to it, making sure he didn't shale it up. Of course, he did.

I set it back down and lay on my bed, hissing a bit from the bruises on my back. I decided to rest my eyes, and consequently, fell into a deep sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, friends :) What do you think will happen between Isaac, Ray and Karissa? Good or bad?

What did you like about this chapter? How would you react if you were Karissa, to Matt's lies to the doctors?