Status: just trying let me know what you think :D

It Was a ***, but Not a Crime

The Swing Shift

I am sitting across from Prof. Farhden Diaz the head of the Ballistics Department in the Las Vegas Crime Lab, I had trained in the last four years so I could begin here at entry level, Prof. Diaz was the only person who would give me a chance. My first assignment to go eight floors down to the Mortuary I walk down the brick hall way panting with excitement and anxiety. Before I push the heavy fire door, I breath in and hold in the clean air as I enter the sterile lab - this is my first time in a morgue, I push open the door and hear the Pathologist's chair turn he looks me up and down as I walk over gulping nervously the fresh air in my lungs being replaced by stale bleached air. I keep eye contact with the Pathologist and avoid looking at the corpse lying on the metal bed. We only looked at specimen and recreated bullets while we learned at college, I was now in on Level 1 ballistics I had to transport bullets from the morgue to the Lab and collect from the scene when necessary, I would be assessing bullets under Prof. Farhden Diaz, I would have no opinion or view on the crime until I progressed to Level 2. As I take a preliminary autopsy report and a plastic container full of 22mm slugs, I smile at the pathologist and turn anticlockwise towards the door as I go to leave the door swings open, missing me but causing me to become unbalanced I then drop the container and it rolls under the metal body sink holding the body of a 14 year-old Latina girl. I run to a sink with a funny Microsoft Word-Art sign stating that the bucket in the large industrial sink was the Puke Pail.
I threw up as the guy who walked in held my hair back, He chuckled in a low voice "First body?" I nod as I stand straight and turn on the tap and gulp water swishing my acrid mouth as I swallow my pride and turn I blush, a renewed feeling for me at age 35 as I looked into the man's deep brown eyes and uttered like a school girl, "I erm... have to get these to the lab." I bend down and grab the box, I speed walk out the door.